It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Changers : Vegan Athletes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

A new documentary is out called "The Game Changers" which is about vegan athletes. I believe you can rent it or stream on Netflix. The documentary goes into how you can achieve high athletic and health success on a vegan diet. It also talks about some common misconceptions. This documentary seems aimed at the falsehood that vegans will be inferior on an althetic level when compared to meat eaters.

I'm just curious if anybody has thoughts on the documentary or the topic in general.
edit on 22-10-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

If vegetarian and vegan stuff is so great, why do they try to make it all taste like meat?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Its all part of a larger disclosure movement...when they release the technologies that will remove the burdens from our global health care Systems and when they COMPLETELY DISENFRANCHISE BIG PHARMA....THEY WILL HAVE TO EXPLAIN HOWAND WHY THE TECHNOLOGY WORKS.

tHE TRUTH ABOUT OUR DIETS AND HEALTH AND DISEASE AND SO-CALLED CANCERS IS NOW ON ITS WAY.

bUYER BEWARE HOWEVER.

Grain is grass....cows eat grass and grass makes humans sick....the gluten popcorn trail needs to be followed.

Without animal FAT dementia and Alzheimers will run rampant.

We desperately need animal fat through our ENTIRE LIVES...even 30-60-90 days without it can have extremely serious consequences on our brain...….sooo wrap your head around this.....you eat the fat and toss the meat......lol.

People will now learn.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I am currently on a no meat, sugar, added salt diet presently to lose weight. No milk or bread. It's working.

I won't go permanently but I need to shed the fat. My target date is Xmas when I'll go back to having a drink and eat meat products.

Quite noticeable is a lift in energy, alertness and a change in my attitude (I was getting quite grumpy and dismissive). Weight is slowly going and I only noticed today I can again go up the stairs 2 at a time.

I'm only eating fresh farm eggs, vegetables and fruit. I use pepper and chilli for a bit of spicing up. There is a list of vegan foods that apparently suppress hunger. e.g. Avacado, spinach. Working for me. When I was eating meat, I couldn't get enough and was snacking on crisps and shapes and I'd eat the whole packet/box.

So, from my perspective, there is merit for me in a vegan diet.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Vegan / vegetarian is trending and companies see an opportunity to make money on it with new comers to the two diets. Also, meat has a good taste that people like and grew up with, so companies aim to please those tastes. Doesn't seem like a problem to me. Ive made a chickpea and tofu vegan breakfast meal that has a somewhat similair taste to eggs. Doesn't bother me

In fact, there is a lot of vegan recipes that mimic meat and dairy dishes because centuries of the culinary craft do not need to be thrown out if you can just find a vegan substitute.
edit on 22-10-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Hmm.. Ive seen many articles that a vegan or light-meat diet reduces tge risk of Alzheimers. Plenty of vegan ways to get brain-healthy fats. Articles such as this :
www.news-medical.net...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Good for you, and good luck on the diet.

I heard tumeric helps burn calories. Also, when i was experimenting with kratom, i noticed that it significantly reduced my hunger, along with the subtle mental high. But, i think natural drug experimentation is a different topic.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The Panthers are basically side lining Cam Newton partly because of his newfound vegan diet .
Slowing his recovery and affecting his skills on the field .
And there have been others.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

And others are succeeded and increasing recovery. I think the point of the documentary was to show that if you can be successful at a top athletic level as a vegan, then it disproves that it is an inferior diet.

Everyone's body is different and it's possible his type of vegan diet is not working for him.

At least he's not harming animals

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Hmm.. Ive seen many articles that a vegan or light-meat diet reduces tge risk of Alzheimers. Plenty of vegan ways to get brain-healthy fats. Articles such as this :
www.news-medical.net...

It is important to include these vegetable fats in your diet as they represent liposomal carriers of differing values.

Liposomal carriers represent a different advantage to us than animal fats do.

Liposomal carriers in the form of plant based fats/oils drastically increase the bioavailability of micro-nutrients that our bodies require.

Animal fat does another thing plant based impacts do not do ….it protects the brain from inflammation....its how we tricked our skulls into growing bigger than our genetic templates allowed for to accommodate our current nice large brain size.

Grains are grasses...they make you sick....a simple analogy is this....Gorillas don't eat grass other than to clear their digestive tracts.....if they did they would DIE......Gorillas are very large and strong.....Cows eat grass and they grow large and strong......Cows can do this because they have compartamentalised stomachs that allow them to ferment bacteria inside themselves using the grass as a substrate and then they digest the beneficial bacteria and crap out the unused grass....the undigested grass...they don't digest grasses just like WE DO NOT DIGEST GRASSES.

If you can grasp that GRAINS ARE GRASSES...then you are forced to grasp the depth of the global lies told to all of humanity.Eating grain is horrible for us...eating grass is horrible for us....so exactly WHO HAS LIED TO US GLOBALLY?

Yes,vegetables are good but some root vegetables are not so good because of the sugars they make ...PLANTS ARE GOOD.....sooooo….lol...like it or not....you should eat the tops of your carrots and beets and celery and only eat very small root vegetables like thumb sized so you consume less sugars....or just don't eat the roots.

Then there is the parasitic connection to all foods we eat and how it impacts a vegetarian diet.....constant exposure to ALL KINDS OF DOMESTIC AND FOREIGN PARASITIC INFLUENCES....one must regulary intake anti-parasitic foods that will counter the types they eat with their foods...normally nature provides localised anti-parasitic plants that grow where the parasites they negate are found....but but but when you begin eating foods from every country around the world you begin ingesting the parasites from all those areas and there is no possible way your localised anti-parasitic plants will remediate completely....you MUST AT ALL COSTS INCLUDE REGULAR DOSES OF ANTI PARASITICS FOODS IN YOUR DIET if it is Vegan or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Tmeric with black or white pepper is a nice anti-parasitic influence....I use it all the time....a shake of pepper with a shake of turmeric is all you need....they react together as protagonists.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

If vegetarian and vegan stuff is so great, why do they try to make it all taste like meat?

What lol? How can a broccoli or kale taste like meat?

The meat eaters who dont hunt, dont eat off the kill like every other predator/meat eater seem to like salads, herbs, spices .. all the vegan stuff to make their cooked meat taste better.

Unless you were kidding, it was funny

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
wrong thread

edit on 22-10-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am currently putting on muscle and weight on a meat-free diet that includes animal fats....just no flesh....no different than when I was on a meat heavy diet....and I am ANCIENT NOW.

If they cannot tell you how and why it works then why try it?..like the Tumeric/Pepper….lol....what the hell do people THINK IT IS DOING IN THEIR GUTS THAT HELPS THEM???....lol...majic??...its killing parasites...and when you ask what difference that makes you get to the real serious questions which lead to the simple easy cures to all diseases and the misnamed impact we call cancer....there are thousands of anti-parasitic plants on this planet maybe millions.

Rick Story has been helping cancer patients for many years...hundreds of the with great success.....but he still doesn't understand the how and why...he just knows it works.

History is full of cures for all diseases including what we mistakenly call cancer….my personal favorite is the Native Indian Sweat Lodge which took the body tep up so high it actually cooked all stages and eggs of all parasites....fantastic as long as they poured water on hot rocls to keep you hydrated so you didn't die outright......lol....my close second favorite is the Bacterian Camels mlk that includes a high volum of anti-parasitic content due to the diet the camel naturally has and this kills parasites which is a big part of the simple low tech protocals which cure all diseases and cancers.
edit on 22-10-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
With a few supplements vegans can be just as healthy as meat eaters. as long as they make some necessary enzymes they do not need to eat meat. About half of the population cannot be vegans, not without taking special enzymes and they have not yet figured out how to accomplish that or even how to identify if someone is going to have problems.

I know some vegetarians that are healthy but they have to eat a certain way to stay healthy, they share knowledge with their vegetarian friends. I do not know if any of the vegetarians I know are vegans though. I guess stuff like choline, B12, and Taurine can be considered vegan which takes care of a lot of the problems they have.

I cannot eat a lot of veggies, I really like veggies but have side effects if I eat more than three servings of green a week. I can eat potatoes and a few more but have to moderate all of the cruciferous veggies. I also am loosing my ability to use vitamin A from veggies and convert it into retinol. That seems to be age related.

I am going to keep eating both meat and veggies, no vegan or high meat diets for me. I have one life to live and I am damned if I am going to waste it eating veggi burgers.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
I am currently putting on muscle and weight on a meat-free diet that includes animal fats....just no flesh....no different than when I was on a meat heavy diet....and I am ANCIENT NOW.

If they cannot tell you how and why it works then why try it?..like the Tumeric/Pepper….lol....what the hell do people THINK IT IS DOING IN THEIR GUTS THAT HELPS THEM???....lol...majic??...its killing parasites...and when you ask what difference that makes you get to the real serious questions which lead to the simple easy cures to all diseases and the misnamed impact we call cancer....there are thousands of anti-parasitic plants on this planet maybe millions.

Funny way of justifying your addiction to bacon.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

THATS HILARIOUS....LOL..LOL.....MY GOODNESS DO I MISS BACON....ONCE IN A WHILE I BREAK DOWN....BUT I REGULARLY INTAKE WIDE SPECTRUM ANTI-PARASITICS IN DIETARY FORM OF COURSE VIA FOODS....SO I TAKE THE RISK.

No pork man...no chicken and no eggs for me....these are some of the sources of a pleomorphic bacteria that is a working part of a process that produces what we call cancers......a high- iron dependant one. …. which is why Sweet Annie with an iron supplement is sooo good for everyone as a precautionary dietary advantage....the high iron just drags the rotten little bastards to the Sweet Annie/Wormwood and their immediate demise.

These foods CAN BE TREATED prior to consumption but no one is currently using the correct methods...freeze drying or irradiation....although soon we will see targeted sonic/SYMPATHETIC FREQUENCY VIBRATORY treatments IMHO.

I COOK THE FAT OUT OF MY BEEF AND INTO VEGETABLES AND GREENS THEN FREEZE AND GIVE THE MEAT AWAY.
edit on 22-10-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
My thoughts are that people should eat what works for them. I don’t understand why people wouldn’t eat meat since we have literally millions of years of evolution running our bodies on animal protein. I eat mostly meat and dairy and avoid carbs and it works for me.

Bottom line is eat, believe and do what you want, but shut the hell up about unless someone asks for your opinion. You asked so I just gave you mine OP. If you are happy then good for you.
edit on 2019/10/22 by Metallicus because: Sp

edit on 2019/10/22 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I just boiled down some marrow bones yesterday, fourteen hours of boiling to get a good collagen bone broth. I skimmed the fat off initially and the fat that I had left on the pot was a half inch thick, that was bone grease. It has no grease taste, it is like a cookie, I ate some, no greasy taste at all. It is very nutritious.

So today we made french onion soup, using the bone grease to fry the onions in, we used good red wine, and the bone broth which is like jello to make the soup. Wow....just wow, that makes great onion soup. It is a lot of boiling and adding water but it is great to use in anything. I made three and a half quarts of stock. One and a half quarts went for this soup, one quart went into the freezer, and one went to the daughter for making her stuff. It makes the best onion soup that either the wife or I ever had, and we did get it a lot in fancy restaurants over the years. Her more than I.

So, do you eat stuff like bone broth? Our beef is grass fed organic, so the collagen is very low in glyphosate residue, maybe it is even missing because the farmer I get mine from owns lots of acres and there are organic farmers on both sides of him. No power lines close that they spray with agent white either and so far they do not spray the roadsides there with agent white to control brush yet. I don't like the stuff they spray on the power lines, it gets into the berries people pick in the clearings. They have been starting to spray roadsides too, many people pick berries on the roadsides, especially the older people.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I don't have any issue with the vegan movement at all. I say, if it works then go for it. I love vegetables.

The only think I have an issue with is when vegans go all militant about others eating meat. In my mind, this starts pushing them into more of a political agenda posture then a dietary preference. I'll be the first to admit, I love beef, but I'm sure as many know I also raise cattle. But I don't take offense if someone prefers a vegan diet over beef or any other meat.

I could probably shed a few pounds and certainly a more vegan diet would be healthier for me, in the short term if not the long term.

I agree though, why try to make vegan stuff taste like meat. There's nothing I like which pretends to be something else. I don't like ceramic tile that tries to look like wood, or formica that tries to look like stone. And, I'll be danged if I'm gonna' eat a burger, that pretends to be beef, but really isn't. I'd much rather have a avocado lettuce cheese and tomato "burger", than some pretend meat.

I dunno, just seems like an agenda sometimes and not really a true dietary preference.

BTW...I can eat more salad than the cows...and don't get between me and my spinach!

edit on 10/22/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join