It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we and what have we done with above-top-secret?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hi,

Long-time member, short-time critic here.

You see the sites main page right now? These are the top 3 headlines:

- Breaking: The Democrats were in involved in money laundering with the former Ukrainian government
- DemocRATS Are Starting To Squirm...US Attorney Durham Has Found Something Significant
- Racist.watch: More liberal hate and voter suppression

Nothing to do with anything above top secret. Just political mud being thrown around about 1 divided country.

It really has destroyed a beautiful website that was once about ancient mysteries, ufos, ghosts, bigfoot, the Rothchilds and the bankers. I understand it brings traffic - it must, because otherwise I don't see why this stuff has not been moved to below top secret.

So, if we are so set on keeping all this political madness as our main theme, can we rename the site? I won't put forward my suggestions because I know they will offend.
edit on 22-10-2019 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2019 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: byteshertz

Social media has found it's way to every corner of the net.

I'm sure even old school BBS boards are nothing more than BBSTwitter.

ATS has fallen all the same.

There is NO outlet that hasn't become nothing more than some extension of popular social media culture.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

We currently have the biggest political conspiracy in American history going on right now.

Should that not be discussed on a conspiracy site?

Make your main page the "New" section.

Which would give you...

"Trillions Of Alien Robot Probes May Be In Space But Are Too Small For NASA To Spot"

"Spacesuit Gloves Contaminated During Fridays Historic Spacewalk"

"Turkey says no need to restart Syria offensive after deadline expires"

And ETA..." Gender Void Theory"

edit on 22-10-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Go to the recents page and scroll down. Lots of other topics being discussed in the last couple hours besides political.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Two things..

One, the site is user content so make some content you like.
Honestly blurry pictures of ufos get old pretty quickly.

Two, the traffic from politics is the only thing keeping the site alive.
Take it for the necessary evil it is.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

We currently have the biggest political conspiracy in American history going on right now.

Should that not be discussed on a conspiracy site?

This.

2nd

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
"No questions. No answers. That's the business we're in. You just accept it and move on. Maybe that's lesson number three."

Vincent, Ronin

Jean Reno is a wise man, with a great accent.

It's just the way some things are, she will not be coming back here....
edit on 22-10-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

What are we

Who we thought they were ....

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well not to toot my own horn but I posted a thread earlier today Even did another one for public commentary if you are interested.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
For some sites on the interwebs to survive funding of some sort is required. If hidden funding isn't provided by wealthy enough sponsors.

The other competing Conspiracy theory interweb sites are also prone to the same funding issues and topic issues that are hot topics. Politics.
So it makes sense if ATS has competition that advances on political absurdity financially, to remain competitive ATS does the same as well.

It's like if the KGB-FSB/MSS/MOSSAD do clandestine operations to advance their parent countries why would not the NSA/CIA for theirs...

So to reiterate the over inundation of what you observe on the front page is probably helping to pay the bills.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

My understanding of it is this, we all or almost all came seeking mysteries and discussions on mysteries, conspiracy theory's and all manner of fringe thought.

But the Site itself has become an immensely valuable internet property not only because of this but because of it's debates and counter debates with almost any subject being acceptable (within reason of course and at the best judgement of the moderators).

There are other less known sites were things that don't get aired or do not get aired for very long on here as is sometime's the case DO get a good run but both the quality of those sites, the quality of most of there content and even the beliefs of many of there members leaves them far behind ATS, also they tend to have a very poor and often almost impossible to navigate GUI design while ATS is actually very elegant in it's design.

Politics is a big thing on the site today because it is a very big part of people's lives - even people like me who came for fringe ancient civilization, UFO and other weirdo conspiracy's which I love (when you get a really juicy and interesting thread on them that is).

On here you will find a hell of a lot of free thought but you will also find the inevitable bully's, the folk that do not care if they are right or wrong and are in it just to win an argument and make you doubt yourself and also truly great mind's that sometime's pop in.

You will also find on here AND on just about every other conspiracy site, political chat room and general site a lot of spook's from various nations around the world, Cultists some pretty nasty in there belief's, religious fanatics (hand up I am a Christian believer) and political extremists.

The political extremists tend to band together like flock's of hungry magpies and crow at one another looking for the stranger in there tree so they can mob him from both sides of the (many global) political divide('s).

International politics and military action.

Aviation Story's and News that sometime's put's Janes Aviation to shame.

ATS has it all and to be fair I think it's great for that if sometime's a bit heartless.

But - even here - you quite often have to watch what you type just like in real life (note I differentiate the two for sanity purposes).

Heck we even have the odd suicidal person coming on and making a post but to the members credit most of us try to talk - or type as the case may be - some sense into them, life is a journey we all get there eventually why hop off the train before the station and before we finish the adventure (ok some of us have really boring lives but you get my meaning ha).

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Conspiracies have evolved IMO. This site has covered all of them. UFO's, Bigfoot and the rest. I feel like we have hit the point of no return. We want answers, so naturally we attack the source. The GOV, the politicians involved and beyond.

In a way, we have created our own monster.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What's the biggest conspiracy?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'd have to agree. Tired of hearing about Trump and Democrats. That's all the MSM news talks about. ATS isn't standing out by joining the herd.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
There are also bots designed to produce negative propaganda on the internet.
Specifically designed to push certain content to front pages on various social media outlets...
Inturn controlling or directing population group think politically related.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I agree and sadly have taken part in. Politics has derailed this place. It used to be fun. Now it’s all about defending your political ideology. We still have to remember that we are all human. All of us are ignorant in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: byteshertz What is really a sick thing is that I remember finding this site and had a few eye opening situations,very good posters,well they all left and ATS became another Facebook,nothing ground breaking discussed here that hadn't been on a local TV station,this site is more of a tabloid find nothing here you couldn't find elsewhere,used to be quality not quantity,but that big fat check sure changes things

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   
That and Reddit reposts.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a) The content of new threads is limited by the people who write them. Not much that site management can do about that. These recurrent complaints are really about the difference between the readers of threads and the writers of threads. If the readers want more non-political content, they must find more non-political writers.

b) As for what happened to "mysteries" etc., they were effectively killed off by the fiasco of the end of 2012, which brought down interest in a lot of other things. The slowdown in the turnover of new posts on the Recent Posts page was clearly visible six months later.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It’s not the site, it’s society as a whole. It’s the non-stop media coverage that “entertains”the weak minded. The people who can’t see through the smoke and mirrors. The people are easily excitable about the power of their tribe and ignorantly protest against the other tribes.

We are so easily distracted; so easily corruptible and naive. For as smart and awesome as humanity can be our tribe like mentality is equally as destructive. With the power of instant communication through social media combined with our fragile minds we’ve become numb to critical thinking and socially tolerable towards the regurgitated fake news cycle that consumes us.

Think about how ATS has changed over the years while social media has infected the internet and our minds alike? The rise of “share and follow” at the click of a button has muted our deeper introspective pursuit of other truths in the world hidden behind the smoke and masked by the mirrors.

But damn it if Trump didn’t take it to those DemocRATS!! Know what I’m sayin?!? Wooooo Buddy!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join