It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-fiction books about the Freemasons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I know there are several Masons on this forum...are there any books one could read about Masonry?

My father's best friend was a Mason before he died...I am very interested in learning more about Freemasonry, and the feminine sect of it.

(I am female, and therefore cannot join the main order).

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think that there are very few here that would disagree with me when i say
that Masonic Light is the most knowledgeable on this board about Masonic subjects. If not the hes in the top 2. If he misses this thread you might try a
U2U to him.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Okay, thank you. I'm under 20 posts right now, but I'll try him.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
For a historical book on the subject then you probably want to read Albert Pike's "Morals and Dogma of Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite Freemasonry" for a good synopsis of the cult, its ideals and ultimate objectives.
Often women are recommended to read Blavatsky's works like "Isis Unveiled" and "The Secret Doctrine" but I found them to be a bit scattered really, lots of art with no substance from a modern perspective although at the turn of the 20th centuary the idea of Aryan supermen and lost civilizations high in the Himilayas would have been believable to the general public...
I can give you a free electronic copy of "The Book Of Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite Freemasonry" by Charles T McClenechan (1884) which details the actual rituals and I found to be an invaluable aid to reading Pike Morals and Dogma.
There are quite a lot of anti-Masonic books available which are factual although I'm sure there are many people in this forum who will be happy to jump up and down to defend their cult.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I would very much appreciate the copy by Albert Pike. My email address is [email protected]

Thank you again!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Kelaina

don't listen to anyone with an axe to grind, including me. I will send you a number of sites and a link to Morals and dogma which you can read on line.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Try www.americanfreemasons.org this will link you to every grandlodge in
the U.S. Most of the sites will give a history of masonry and much more. I am a Freemason.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Okay, thank you for the help.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The favorite genre for books about Freemasonry is the sensationalist expose replete with blood oaths and political conspiracies in abundance. They were popular in the late 80s through mid 90s especially, and some of them tend to be source material for some of the wonderful anti-Masonic posters that arise from time to time to provide entertainment for ATS members.

Stephen Knight is an author working at an elementary level of readership to provide this kind of sensationalistic stuff. There are others - for entertainment only.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Don't dis a dead man, hm.

If you want to say specifically what he was going to publish in his 2nd book that was sensationali, please explain.

But don't mock a man who hardly deserved to die from Brain Cancer at age 33, about 20 years ago.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
To the best of my Knowledge Stephen Knight never claimed he wrote anything but fiction, Novels.

www.thelodgeroom.com...

good quality report on Knight and his influence on the Cinema.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
www.masonicinfo.com...

Potted history of sensationalistic writer on Freemasonry, dead from brain tumor in 1985, stimulated enough sales to encourage publishing of a number of emulators and other sensationalistic writers.

Still good entertainment value in the genre, no matter what Akilles says to diminish his status as an entertainer.

top topics

join