It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On this day in History this happened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Stock markets crash on "Black Monday"
The largest-ever one-day percentage decline in the Dow Jones Industrial Average comes not in 1929 but on October 19, 1987. As a number of unrelated events conspired to tank global markets, the Dow dropped 508 points—22.6 percent—in a panic that foreshadowed larger systemic problems

John Z. DeLorean is arrested in $24 million coc aine deal , going back to the future with that one

“Take on Me” music video helps Norway’s A-ha reach the top the U.S. pop charts

First Blockbuster store opens
On October 19, 1985, the first Blockbuster video-rental store opens, in Dallas, Texas.

Napoleon retreats from Moscow

Editorial accuses Thomas Jefferson of affair with enslaved woman
On October 19, 1796, an essay appears in the Gazette of the United States in which a writer, mysteriously named “Phocion,” slyly attacks presidential candidate Thomas Jefferson. Phocion turned out to be former Treasury Secretary Alexander Hamilton.

Americans defeat the British at Yorktown .
British General Lord Cornwallis surrenders 8,000 British soldiers and seamen to a larger Franco-American force, effectively bringing an end to the American Revolution.

www.history.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I was about to write that in your yesterdays thread:

The wikipedia startpage has these infos, too, if anyone is interested.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

I am just posting these threads for a laugh and to keep my brain active , 30 years ago feels like yesterday to me but something that happened just a year ago feels like 3 to me with this Dementia

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

This is why I did not post it in your first thread because I thought it would come across, like I say you are doing redundant things.

I just wanted to say that wikipedia has such informations, too, for the other members who are interested.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Everyone seems to be caught up with politics these days and forgets what this site was about back in the day , But it seems to be killing the C/T forums everywhere you look .

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Sometimes I go to the archive and go through some years and you are right, most of the time it is UFO, some asteroid killing us soon but very few political stuffs.

I think in the end many things go back to politics because politics and industry is where the money is. It affects us all so I understand that there is big potential for conspiracies in politics.

But this here is just
"you are wrong"
"no you are"
most of the time.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I am actually struggling now to think back to when the people were united and it was us against the Government , Now they sit back in their Ivory towers and laugh out loud at the carnage and division all while sipping Champagne

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

It should not be any group against another.

We, I mean the whole planet, each soul, need to think individual but then, also, like an ant hill at the same time. There will always be things like group thinking, because somewhere, everyone has their common traits.

I highly recommend the Rick and Morty -hold on a sec- episode with Unity. Just duckduckgo "rick morty unity" it if you are interested, not sure if the rules allow this. There is a deeper sense to get, above all the juvenile things.

Wrote a summary but deleted it to not spoil anything for those who do not have seen it.

top topics

join