It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Have Lots of Ideas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Has the election been called off? The media is no longer talking about the Democrats at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

they found out they lost

I watch the Democrat debates on FOXNEWS!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: tanstaafl

That is the definition of the terms...

Except that it's really not...

It does not mean every idea the left has is good, but every idea will come out of the left.

So... you're saying all of these ideas of Trumps that he has implemented - building the wall, USMCA, the new deal happening with China... these are all ideas of the left?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

They are not new ideas...

Conservatism= uphold the traditions of the past or return to some bygone era of perceived greatness..

Liberal= ignore the traditions of the past in favor of Broad scale social change..

Trump: “make America great AGAIN” (return to some bygone era of perceived greatness)..

Obama= “hope and CHANGE”..

Trump nor ANY republican is offering anything in mf even remotely new..

If they ever do, by definition it will be a liberal idea had by conservatives..

If the libs want to uphold some old tradition , when someone is offering something new, they have taken the conservative position..

That is who the Fox News types get you.. they pretend words that are not inherently good or evil, are in fact evil..

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

What am I missing?

You're missing the fact that none of these candidates have any intention of implementing any of these measures because that would cost them the election.

It's called "campaign promises" for a reason.

Indeed. It's campaign promises to attempt to secure a win and after a win, you'll be distracted by other things...

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
They are not new ideas...

Conservatism= uphold the traditions of the past or return to some bygone era of perceived greatness.

I disagree with your definition, but it is kind of irrelevant, since I don't label myself a Conservative. I'm more libertarian leaning, but I don't fit in any box that you might want to cram me into.

Liberal= ignore the traditions of the past in favor of Broad scale social change.

No, you're talking about Leftists. They want to destroy society as we know it and replace it with some esoteric undefined idea that no two leftists can agree on if they ever were to actually sit down and try to define what they really want, but would result, as it always has, in the tyranny of the ruling class over what they consider their chattel.

Liberals I can have rational discussion with.

Trump: “make America great AGAIN” (return to some bygone era of perceived greatness).

Not at all... being great again means being great in context of the reality of today.

Obama= “hope and CHANGE”.

Yep, he did a lot of damage trying to 'change' America to a radical leftist society that bows to Islam.

Thank God Trump was elected and not the hag.

]

Trump nor ANY republican is offering anything in mf even remotely new.

You seem infatuated with the word 'new'...

Ever heard the saying "There is nothing new under the sun."

Every radical leftist idea being discussed on the charade called the democrat Presidential debate stage has been tried and proven disastrous time and time again.

What is the definition of trying the same thing over and over expecting different results?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

You're right. The left has no new ideas. They're all ideas that have been done all over. Therefore, the left aren't liberal either. They're just a different breed of conservative by your own definition, of course.

After all only "true liberals" come up with new ideas, but none of the progressive ideas are actually new. So you guys aren't really liberals either.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join