It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge Strikes Down ObamaCare Transgender Protections.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Incels are a marginalized identity group that seem to be facing a lot of discrimination from all sides. Should we be allocating federal money and cooking up special protections in an effort to get them laid? Perhaps we need to designate an Incel Awareness Month.

Or could it be that much like incels transgenderism is a condition of one's mind. They shouldn't be targets for ridicule or discrimination, sure -- but directly feeding into the delusion is the incorrect response and beyond the point of absurdity.

To be clear, I have zero issues with people suffering from gender dysphoria. What I do have a problem with is manipulative political factions that target vulnerable groups of people to use to consolidate political power by pushing identity as a new religion.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth
involuntary celibate
vs
voluntary gender reassignment surgery.

Seems that one is a choice and the other isn't, thus false equivalence. Just to make it clear, I don't care if someone identifies themself as a purple diplodocus, that doesn't mean that society as a whole needs to ensure they have trees of the proper height for them to graze.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Oraculi

We're talking OBAMACARE (healthcare) Transgender protections. That is medical, which means "Body Parts".

Believe it or not, healthcare does not just mean body parts.

Okay, I'll bite.

What aspect of healthcare excludes all body parts?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

I'm not sure having these "protections" removed is a WIN. Who materially benefits by having them removed?

It's a win for those who value freedom. People should be free to make their choices about what they want, and I should be free to not be forced to participate.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If you want to be free to discriminate against people then maybe you shouldn't go in to the healthcare field.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

a reply to: worldstarcountry
Some people are born transgendered. God made them that way. I don't understand why it's such TABOO....like gay people were TABOO when I was growing up.

Trying to figure out of you're being facetious or sarcastic, or not.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi
Instead, it is because majorities tend to discriminate against minorities

Lately, it has been the exact opposite...

The tiny minority mentally ill people know as 'transgender' have been discriminating - imposing their radical, distorted and faulty view of themselves - against the vast majority of sane, rational people who understand that gender dysphoria is a mental illness, and these people need our sympathy and help - not to feed their illness, but help them find peace with it without destroying their bodies or their lives.

and in civilized societies, protections are created to shield those minorities from those who would discriminate against them. This can fall under race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion or anything else you could think of people wanting to discriminate against.

Yeah, well, I prefer the animating contest of freedom to slavery.

People discriminate in their personal lives each and every minute of each and every day, and this is as it should be. They should also be free to discriminate in the private businesses.

Yes, I'm absolutely saying they should be able to refuse to serve people for any reason or no reason at all. If a business owner want to refuse to serve white people - or black people - or asian people - they should be free to do so.

And others should be free to publicize it, and refuse to patronize such businesses, and force them out of business if society sees fit to do so.

Let the free market take care of these kinds of issues, and they will go away rather quickly, and peacefully.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I wonder WHAT GENDER she would assign to humans born with both male and female reproduction organs?

Those tiny fraction of people would fall into the category of people born with birth defects, as that is all it is.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
If you want to be free to discriminate against people then maybe you shouldn't go in to the healthcare field.

If you want to live in a country where people are not free to live their own lives and make their own choices, maybe you should move to some foreign country where your kind of petty tyranny prevails.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just another example I can cite when people deny until they're blue in the face, of republican leaning, that folks using religion as a tool to pass/validate/invalidate is really a thing.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I wonder WHAT GENDER she would assign to humans born with both male and female reproduction organs?

Those tiny fraction of people would fall into the category of people born with birth defects, as that is all it is.

Unfortunately those are hermahphrodites and are more common than you realize. In other countries who are not obsessed with boy and girl being the only gender and perfect babies its not a defect. Lots of babies are fixed by the doctors if they see it in the US without the parents even knowing.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

They don't "require" half the # they're claiming they need.

You dont want to be a man? Fine, I'll send you scissors and a box of band-aids. I'll even pay the shipping.

You want to be a man? Fine, you get all the perks that come with it- automatic child support/alimony payments, your not gay so no freebies there, and oh- definitely dont raise your hand to anyone for anything unless you enjoy jail.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Notoneofyou

In a way, it was better when hysterical people could be locked away in a rubber room. Maybe if we can get "Red Flagg" laws nationwide, and expanded to include "hysterical" people, you'll get your wish!

Red flag laws are to take guns away from people.

If you can afford guns, you can pay for your own neutering.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Thank-you for: twitter.com...

That was a perfect Transgender explanation video. I know a lot more now than I knew just 5 minutes ago.

Sounds like you're one of those people that gets all their news exclusively from either CNN and HuffPo or FOX and Breitbart without ever questioning if or not you're being spun like a cyclone and fed a line of bull. It's pretty amazing how confirmation bias can cause people's brains to shut right down but I guess that’s easier than having to think too hard or opening them up to better informed perspectives of these issues that are very complex?

Regarding the twitter link, seriously? Dr. Michelle Cretella - President of the bogus American College of Pediatricians, an
SPLC designated hate group that is a radical religious political collective posing as a legitimate medical association in order to use pseudo-science to support their odious agenda.

Let’s not confuse this fringe anti-LGBT organization with only 200 or so Christian jihadiast members with the legitimate 64,000 member strong American Academy of Pediatrics.

You all can believe whatever you want about trans crap. That’s not my business and it’s your right to believe whatever you want to believe but it just seems a little more wise to me to be cautious of where you get the information that forms the basis of your beliefs and opinions. It might also be a good idea to not take 5 minutes of a YouTube propaganda video as the end all be all gospel for sorting out such a complicated and multifaceted issue.

Just sayin', you know? Trying to help.

--I have more information and comments on this topic but I've been up for 23 hours and won't be back to post them until later after I've died for a while.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I've never understood why Transgendered people need special "protections", since they have the same body parts as everyone else.

Maybe because they have been discriminated against?

vacated an Obama-era regulation that prohibited insurers and providers who receive federal money from denying treatment or coverage to anyone based on sex, gender identity

You're ok with discrimination against transgenders?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Unfortunately those are hermahphrodites and are more common than you realize.

I guess that depends on how you define 'more common than I realize'.

WebMD says it happens in about 0.1% of births, which, according to the CDC, is almost half as common as Downs syndrome.

Last, according to wikipedia, there are no known cases of fully functional hermaphrodites, so, any claim to the contrary would need a lot of proof to back it up.

So, yes, these birth defects happen, but it isn't all that common, and it is just a birth defect, nothing more.

In other countries who are not obsessed with boy and girl being the only gender

Sorry, but there are only two sexes, an no amount of flim-flam will ever over-ride this scientific fact. Gender isn't the same thing as sex (Male/Female).

Lots of babies are fixed by the doctors if they see it in the US without the parents even knowing.

Proof of this? I absolutely do not believe that doctors in t he USA would engage in surgery on a newborn infant without discussing it with the parents first. That is a huge liability issue.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Maybe because they have been discriminated against?

In what way(s)?

Oh...

vacated an Obama-era regulation that prohibited insurers and providers who receive federal money from denying treatment or coverage to anyone based on sex, gender identity

Let's be clear - this is obviously only referencing 'treatment' like so-called 'gender reassignment surgery', not treatment for cancer, flu, or other medical conditions that may require treatment.

If you are claiming that hospitals/doctors simply refused to see them for non-trans-surgical-related issues, by all means, lets see some proof.

You're ok with discrimination against transgenders?

I'm ok with radical-trans-activists not being able to force me to accept their delusions as fact.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
Incels are a marginalized identity group that seem to be facing a lot of discrimination from all sides.

Absolutely. I'm constantly hearing about cases where people are refused services after being asked if they have a gf or bf, or if they are incel.

The absurdity of the OP is mind boggling.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Let me state that I fully support the transfolk in my family I’ve known and loved with all my heart and those I’ve grown to know throughout the years I’ve loved as dear friends BUT I do not have the same level of trust and admiration for the transgender activist collective or the narrative that is being pushed and I just want to make that clear. Being an anti-trans activist transgender advocate has me disliked by pretty much everyone.

So please don’t come for me because I’m not echoing what’s bouncing around here in the chamber. I’m only trying to add perspective which is a challenge because it seems many here fail to look beyond what supports their own preconceptions? Admittedly, it’s hard for me to not have a few biases of my own or take a personal stake in some of this sometimes but I do strive to be neutral and informative as I can be for those that might be interested and are willing to expand their understanding of all this crap.

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Let's be clear - this is obviously only referencing 'treatment' like so-called 'gender reassignment surgery', not treatment for cancer, flu, or other medical conditions that may require treatment.

Might be less obvious than you think?

Thanks to the trans activist Nazis, it seems everyone is trans these days just on say so and there’s a trans epidemic but the actual population of “real” transsexuals genuinely suffering with gender dysphoria bad enough to undergo these life altering surgeries is really quite small. What may be also less obvious is that people fail to realize 80 to 90% of transgender people do not even have “gender reassignment surgery”.

Adding up all the places sex change surgery has been offered and how many surgeries each of these doctors has performed since the 1950’s , there’s maybe 30,000 to generously speaking, 70,000 people in the history of the world that have ever had a so called sex change.

Transgender people, just like everybody else have other health care needs besides just being trans but they often have trouble getting health care coverage because they are trans and statistically, they’re often the ones in the lower income brackets that are subsidized by the ACA which is the only way many can even get health insurance and why many have none at all.

If you are claiming that hospitals/doctors simply refused to see them for non-trans-surgical-related issues, by all means, lets see some proof.

Guess you’ve never heard of “trans broken arm syndrome”? It’s kind of a meme among trans people about the treatment some have had not being able to have common everyday health issues, like a broken arm for instance, treated by “health care professionals” that have thrown up their hands saying they don’t know anything about trans people and therefore can’t offer care. This has been going on far longer than any of this new rubbish but now they’ve been emboldened by a state backed religious exemption excuse to be discriminatory. It saddens me and alarms them.

To better understand these issues, these links might help?

Is “Trans Broken Arm Syndrome” Actually A Real Thing?

Trans Broken Arm Syndrome

Inequalities in transgender health

Transgender Patients Discriminated Against for Health Care Services

Barriers to quality health care for the transgender population

Barriers to Health Care for Transgender Individuals

New report reveals rampant discrimination against transgender people by health providers, high HIV rates and widespread lack of access to necessary care

Here’s more articles directly relating to the OP:

Trump's new proposal will make it worse for trans people to go to the doctor

Federal Government Moves to Eliminate Protections in Health Care for Transgender Americans

I despise radical trans activists as much as the next person but don't judge a whole group of people by the actions of those on the fringes and maybe try to have a little compassion and empathy for your fellow humankind.

Thanks!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join