It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge Strikes Down ObamaCare Transgender Protections.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
October 15, 2019

ObamaCare continues to be slowly dismantled...one brick at a time:

A federal judge on Tuesday overturned ObamaCare protections for transgender patients, ruling that a 2016 policy violates the religious freedom of Christian providers.

Judge Reed O’Connor in the Northern District of Texas vacated an Obama-era regulation that prohibited insurers and providers who receive federal money from denying treatment or coverage to anyone based on sex, gender identity or termination of pregnancy.

It also required doctors and hospitals to provide “medically necessary” services to transgender individuals as long as those services were the same ones provided to other patients.
Source: thehill.com...

I've never understood why Transgendered people need special "protections", since they have the same body parts as everyone else.

But these days, it seems almost every group feels like they're under attack, and want the Federal Government to grant them some kind of "special" or "protected" or "tax-favored" status. Go figure..

-CareWeMust

edit on 10/15/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I really wish we could just go back to bitch-slapping hysterical people.

Seems more necessary than ever these days.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

In a way, it was better when hysterical people could be locked away in a rubber room. Maybe if we can get "Red Flagg" laws nationwide, and expanded to include "hysterical" people, you'll get your wish!

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Still not tired of the winning...

No second line needed.

(post by visitedbythem removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

"insurance companies that receive federal funds"

Why in the hell are insurance companies getting federal funds?!!! Arent we forced to pay them enough already? So we pay the insurance companies out of our pockets, and then they receive more of our money via our taxes/federal funds? What the hell?'

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'm not sure having these "protections" removed is a WIN. Who materially benefits by having them removed?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Insurance companies receive $120 million a month in federal (aka "taxpayer") funds, to compensate for artificially low ObamaCare health plan deductibles that lower-income (above poverty) Americans are eligible for.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I just think it means certain places are no longer for Ed to do gender reassignment treatments surgeries. Sounds like wasted taxpayer money anyways, what with such a high rate of regrets.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Didn't a Federal Judge recently disallow Planned Parenthood from receiving Federal Funding? These 180 new Trump-appointed Federal Judges are kicking azz!

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

It is nice to see them bring back the country from the brink of Insanity. Now we just need to figure out how to get the FCC to keep transgender propoganda out of movies and TV shows.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Why should medical providers be able to discriminate if they get federal funds? I'm not reading this as forcing them to abort babies or perform sex changes. It says they can't discriminate and deny services they provide to other patients. If they are not providing the service for anyone else then it's not discrimination, right?

I don't think the government should pay for any elective procedures anyway. Unless you're in a condition that is an emergency requiring removing a fetus it is elective. If you just choose to have an abortion that is an elective, right to choose being the mantra of the left, and it should not be done at my expense. If you want a sex change save your money and go to somebody that wants to perform it.

I don't think, given the number of things wrong with the ACA, this is a significant step in fixing anything. The time spent making this is about as useful as the time spent vacating it. I'm far more concerned with the social and cultural changes that are fueling this need for children and attention-seekers to get their genitals disfigured as soon as possible if they say they're trans. To be fair there are plenty of people that I think genuinely benefit from it, but I also believe those are probably the exception now.

The progressives pushed the agenda that there are no gender norms 40 years ago and girls were just like boys, boys could play with dolls, girls could ride dirt bikes. That was fine with me. I rather like a woman rocking some motocross gear (hard to tell with a helmet on though sooo, caveat emptor boys). Now they are saying that the genders are so different that you must mutilate genitals to make people feel comfortable in their body. That's far more scary to me.

ETA: Yes I realize that what I'm saying is going to displease every side of this, but it's not black and white for me. I think an obnoxious group of loud zealot voices have manage to steal the narrative on both extremes ends of this issue.
edit on 10/16/19 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
Some people are born transgendered. God made them that way. I don't understand why it's such TABOO....like gay people were TABOO when I was growing up.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I don't think the Federal Judge issued his ruling in order to "fix" or even intentionally dismantle ObamaCare.

He rendered it because some Religious Groups objected to the Transgender Protection, and he agreed.

The partial dismantlement was just a consequence of the Judge agreeing with the Religious groups.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I've never understood why Transgendered people need special "protections", since they have the same body parts as everyone else.

I can see why you had a hard time understanding this. It is because special protections have nothing to do with body parts.

Instead, it is because majorities tend to discriminate against minorities and in civilized societies, protections are created to shield those minorities from those who would discriminate against them. This can fall under race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion or anything else you could think of people wanting to discriminate against.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The private sector will benefit. The one's working on the transgender/transhumanism science projects funded by Epstein like donators and big corporations with secret agendas. They've been pouring literally Billions into this science field.

How to Debunk Transgender Madness in 2 Minutes.
Straightforward common sense logic.

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

We're talking OBAMACARE (healthcare) Transgender protections. That is medical, which means "Body Parts".

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Thank-you for: twitter.com...

That was a perfect Transgender explanation video. I know a lot more now than I knew just 5 minutes ago.

I wonder WHAT GENDER she would assign to humans born with both male and female reproduction organs?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

I really wish we could just go back to bitch-slapping hysterical people.

Seems more necessary than ever these days.

lmao

I didn't even know transgendered people required separate medical things.

Do the utensils require pronouns, it, its and that?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Oraculi

We're talking OBAMACARE (healthcare) Transgender protections. That is medical, which means "Body Parts".

Believe it or not, healthcare does not just mean body parts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join