It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurds make deal with Assad for protection from Turkey

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
A lot breaking in Syria today and more to come in the next few days. Looks like Syrian and maybe even Russian forces will move into the previously held Kurdish territory to protect the Kurds. Very fluid situation. It could turn into peace or WWIII.

Rumors of a no-fly zone and that this new deal will include the liberation of Syrian territory held by Turkey as part of the deal with the Kurds.

Army units move north to confront Turkish aggression on Syrian territory

Hasaka, SANA – Syrian Arab Army units began moving north to confront Turkish aggression on Syrian territory, SANA’s reporter in Hasaka said on Sunday.

This movement comes to confront the ongoing Turkish aggression on towns and areas in the north of Hasaka and Raqqa provinces, where the Turkish forces committed massacres against locals, occupied some areas, and destroyed infrastructure.

Live coverage from Lookner.

edit on 13-10-2019 by LookingAtMars because: add

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Cool.

Now maybe Turkey can get booted from NATO, and they can hang out to dry as the belligerent dictatorship they are.

Their interests don't align with many in the region, maybe some time out would help them rethink things.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Good!

It sounds like a happy ending. The Deep States war ends in Syria. Turkey is bitch slapped and peace is restored to that region and ISIS is no more.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Oh look, the region is handling the problem without us.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

They're just mad that they don't get to be the seat of an empire anymore.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

This has the potential to blow up into something far worse than the intended operation if that report is true.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Oh look, the region is handling the problem without us.

A little early to bet on that!

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

It's just a Ploy to Prevent Further U.S. Sanctions ......Piff ...

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
sounds like turkey is planning to start retaking it's former territory back, are they intending to restore their empire if the west leaves?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It was inevitable, the kurds would have to bow down to get the assistance and once they were in a place of weakness Assad was going to unite his country by hook or by crook.

But lets be honest we were never going to go to war to help create Kurdistan, for now going back into the fold so they can bitch slap turkey is the best option for them.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
A lot breaking in Syria today and more to come in the next few days. Looks like Syrian and maybe even Russian forces will move into the previously held Kurdish territory to protect the Kurds. Very fluid situation. It could turn into peace or WWIII.

Why would the Russians protect the Kurds? They're allies with Turkey. I'm so glad we're out of it. Let's see how Syria (and Russia and Iran) deal with this.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
sounds like turkey is planning to start retaking it's former territory back, are they intending to restore their empire if the west leaves?

Syria is planning on taking back territory from Turkey. Looks like most of Syrian territory is being given back to them by the Kurds.

Could turn into a big fight including Russia and Iran. I hope Syria and Turkey end up making peace in some manner, before it goes too far.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

As long as no More U.S. Servicemen Die in that God Forsaken Place let them All Knock themselves Out ....

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Really enjoy Lookner Been watching since he began this broadcast.

Now if Syria starts fighting turkey and it turns into a war, the EU will need to revoke article 5 of turkeys NATO
agreement so Turkey can not drag the world into their massacre and genocide.

Glad Trump pulled our trumps when he did good timing.. I hope the turkey get what is coming to them.

Turkey needs to get the hell out of Syria also.
edit on 13-10-2019 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

They're gonna have to one way or the other.

We're not fighting their conflict for them.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Why would the Russians protect the Kurds?

Russia and Syria are allies too. Syria is defending the area the Kurds are/were in (part of Syria) that Turkey is attacking. Rumor is Russia wants a no-fly zone set-up.

Kinda puts Russia in a tight spot, best thing they could do is broker a peace deal. I have not heard any reports of fighting between the Turks and Kurds today. It could be over already.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
looks like its "The art of the deal" to me
edit on 13 10 2019 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I see Fox has the Turks shelling a journalist convoy 9 dead...

Should be interesting to see the responses.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Turkey plans on extending the region it's claiming as a buffer zone too. I read all this as it was breaking a few hours ago.

Non of this is good, seems Turkey is using this as an excuse to invade Syria and nobody is buying their intentions. This is a surprising turn of events and has come about fast. I also think NATO should seriously reconsider Turkey's membership.

Depending on how Turkey acts over the next few days this new conflict has the potential to spiral out of control. Expect a fast influx of fresh fighters for and against the Kurds.

We might see some formal declarations of war too.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

If it is the same one that I read about earlier, it was misreported at first, it turned out to be an IED.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join