It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He Cares For You

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I was reading the letters of James and Peter in the Bible and meditating on it and what it was saying to me as a person, and thought I'd share a few of the thoughts with the spiritually minded.

Are you conscious of your spiritual need? Was talking with my dad on the phone, he lives far away so don't get to visit him often. He was at the Doctor's office to have surgery on some cataracts. Said he was sitting next to a woman, and he was reading about Jesus' words of "happy are those conscious of their spiritual need," and so he asked her, "Are you conscious of your spiritual need?" She responded, "Well, sometimes I am." And from there they had a nice conversation.

Would you allow me to take just a few moments and share something encouraging?

Are you conscious of your spiritual need? Do you think God cares about you?

In James I was reading about class distinctions taking place in the Christian congregation. The brothers were favoring rich people over the poor. And James reprimanded those Christians. He said if they are making class distinctions they have become judges making wicked decisions. And if they are showing favoritism they have become transgressors of law. But what law?

The kingly law. Do you know what the kingly (or royal) law is?

"If, now, you carry out the royal law according to the scripture, “You must love your neighbor as yourself." -James 2:8.

The kingly law is to love your neighbor as yourself.

God is king over all. He is the originator of moral principles and laws. This is the "kingly law": to love your neighbor as yourself. Does this not show you that God cares about you and also your neighbor?

In fact God's word says that those who serve God, who read his moral principles and laws in the Bible and examine themselves according to them, and then observe them are a free people. It also says that laws are created not for righteous people, but for wicked people.

This is one way which the teaching found in God's word is superior to all human wisdom. In fact it says that Godly wisdom is very different from so-called human wisdom:

"But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, not hypocritical. Moreover, the fruit of righteousness is sown in peaceful conditions for those who are making peace."-James 3:17, 18.

What if everyone thought pure thoughts, and made efforts to be peaceable and reasonable with everyone? Would there be so much crime and violence?

The epidemic of badness of, cold-hearted people, of murders, wars, thievery, it comes from people who do not follow the kingly law, but throw God's word aside and ignore it. A person can go to the schools of higher education of this world, and never learn this wisdom from above. They may fill their minds with worldly knowledge, and puff themselves up with pride, but never learn true wisdom. And do they solve the world's problems?

But does God care for you? This is what was written down under divine inspiration:

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time,  while you throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you."-1 Peter 5:6, 7.

This is an individual message to you that God cares for you.

Preaching to People of All Sorts

His love is for all humankind. No matter what race, what color of skin, what background, what social status, what sex. And he has shown this love by preserving his words in the Bible that teach us about his love, and how he has cared for us and will end all violence and wars on earth in the near future.

He has not only made available his word to humankind, he is spreading it abroad to everyone everywhere by people who love God and love their neighbor. The words of Proverbs are litereally fulfilled in our day when it says:

"Is not wisdom calling out?
Is not discernment raising its voice?
On the heights along the road,
It takes its position at the crossroads.
Next to the gates leading into the city,
At the entrances of the doorways,
It keeps crying out loudly:
“To you, O people, I am calling;
I raise my voice to everyone."
-Proverbs 8:1-4.

Become Jehovah's Friend
edit on 12-10-2019 by EdgeofParadise because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EdgeofParadise

I am totally conscious of my spiritual need. I have been a firm believer of God for about twenty years. I am now 38.

Do i think God cares about me? Hmmm no. My relationship with God is infected. I haven't even been living up to my own expectations, how can i fulfill anything from God's perspective? I don't blame God of course. I don't even blame myself, where the true guilt resides. Blaming just drains my energy, which is already at a minimum level.

God does God's stuff, i do my stuff, separately. But i believe in God and i don't think anything can change that, ever.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

I am totally conscious of my spiritual need. I have been a firm believer of God for about twenty years. I am now 38.

Do i think God cares about me? Hmmm no. My relationship with God is infected. I haven't even been living up to my own expectations, how can i fulfill anything from God's perspective? I don't blame God of course. I don't even blame myself, where the true guilt resides. Blaming just drains my energy, which is already at a minimum level.

God does God's stuff, i do my stuff, separately. But i believe in God and i don't think anything can change that, ever.

Did God care enough about you to convict you by the Holy Spirit of your sin and a need to be redeemed?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

A disrespectful view of being alive. We are alive. We can communicate with each other, contemplate on life, and death. On justice and injustice. Even eternity.

Since God is eternal and knows all thing obviously his ways are best. He needs nothing, nor can anyone teach him anything. He is the one teaching us. When one goes against God's principles or laws he only hurts himself and others. Or can a 40 or 50 year-old be a teacher of God?

It's like the man who rang the bell in a small town every morning exactly at 7am, to let the townsfolk know what time it was to start the workday. He always kept the time by the clock in the clock-maker's window on his way to the bell tower. One day he asked the clock maker, you know how do you keep track of the time? The clock-maker responded: By listening to when the bell tolls at 7 in the morning.

You take God's word out of the equation and you have this circular, going into nowhere cycle which most of humankind is in. They make up their own rules, their own morality, throw aside spirituality, look into themselves, rule themselves, and decide for themselves. And this world is the result of that haughty disdain, and total disregard for God and his way, to mankind's own ruin. God's way is only good all the time.

He cared enough to allow sinful humankind to exist. He obviously didn't need to. And since he made the way to redeem you back to perfection of his own freewill, by his own love for you before you even existed, that should move you to love.

Understandably it takes reflection, meditation on God's word to understand his love. The more you study God's word the more you understand, the more you love. The more our minds our molded to think like and act like God. Love the things he loves, hate the things he hates.

There is a reason why Jesus said that those who were aware of their spiritual need would be happy. Because they would inherit the kingdom of God.

You know, it is impossible for God to lie or break an oath. Do you know why? Because not only is he the originator of righteousness and morality, he is the first to apply it to himself.

Why and who do you think the ransom Jesus gave was paid for and to? Did you know it was a payment God made of his own freewill to fulfill his own righteous requirements. He is the example. Remember the "kingly law" of the free people, that of "to love your neighbor as yourself." Guess who is the first to apply it in his life for others to imitate? Yes, the righteous and Most Holy king, Jehovah God.
edit on 12-10-2019 by EdgeofParadise because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

I really appreciate this heartfelt reply. I was meaning to get back to it earlier, did read it, but was buys with other things.

The same letter that James wrote talks about something that perhaps might encourage you a little. It says:

" However, become doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning.  For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, this one is like a man looking at his own face in a mirror.  For he looks at himself, and he goes away and immediately forgets what sort of person he is.  But the one who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and continues in it has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work; and he will be happy in what he does."-James 1:22-25.

God's word is like a mirror. When one opens it and reads it shows a person who they really are. Just like you look in a mirror to see your defects before you leave the house so you can fix them, so looking into God's mirror reveals to a person what sort of person he is in God's eyes. And thus a person begins to really see who he is on the inside:

"For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart."-Hebrews 4:12.

Take courage in the person who did not become a forgetful hearer, like a person who looks in the mirror and then walks away and forgets about his appearance. Rather take heart in the one that continues to peer into it, and persists in it. It doesnt say how long it takes him to correct all his flaws, or even that he can. But it says that you would be happy by becoming a doer of the word. And of course Jehovah can help you through means of his holy spirit when you ask it of him in praryer, even to overcome strongly entrched things, desires, and inclinations of the heart that may be wrong. Things that may have been there since a young age, either because of your own weaknesses because of sin, or even because of the environment you grew up in.

And don't despair. God knows all of these things. He knows we are made of dust and are sinners, and he knows all things and is greater than our heart.

"As a father shows mercy to his sons,
Jehovah has shown mercy to those who fear him.
For he well knows how we are formed,
Remembering that we are dust."
-Psalm 103:13, 14.

"By this we will know that we originate with the truth, and we will assure our hearts before him  regarding whatever our hearts may condemn us in, because God is greater than our hearts and knows all things."1 John 3:19, 20.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What about our physical need?
What about others physical needs

What if my church harboured pedophiles, wouldn’t my physical duty demand I do something about allowing criminals to go free in my church
newspunch.com...

I just listen to Jehovahs witnesses and am in a state of shock how people can endorse this fact

Don’t try to sort out my life and faith when yours is rotten to the core
newspunch.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EdgeofParadise
Beautiful OP with many words of wisdom. Thank you for sharing with us.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I think the Bible was written by men and God is indifferent to how we treat each other. As far as I can tell based on human experiments there is no amount of evil God will not tolerate in order to preserve our free will. The battle of Dresden comes to mind as mankind's greatest act of unnecessary evil.

I think if we crap in our own beds it is up to us to clean it up. God does not help. And if we want revenge and justice it's not going to come from God. It is up to us to find our own justice in the World. Justice after death has never been proven.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I just listen to Jehovahs witnesses and am in a state of shock how people can endorse this fact

Dear Raggedyman. I should make my own thread about all of this into the "Rant" forum. I used to think that "gang stalking" was delusions and paranoia, not something that is really happening. Now i am "on the fence" Jehova's witnesses are harassing me. They ring my doorbell at least once a week. Sometimes three times a week. And i have to open door because the doorbell ringer could very well be the elderly lady next door who needs me to input the PIN code to her phone in order for her to use her phone.

I am THIS CLOSE (now showing a gap between two fingers of mine which is less than an inch) of filing a lawsuit. And i am not that kind of a person. But come on! I sit next to my laptop, minding my own business, then an insane cult is trying to stuff down an ideology down my throat.

WTH is the purpose? I was enthusiastic that Finland won ice hockey world championship last spring. But i don't wander around ringing random people's doorbells to tell them about the joys of ice hockey.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

no. i do not believe god/gods care about us. we are playthings for their amusement/aggrandizement. see job.

no. i do not believe in kingly law or royal rule. i'm an american.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Dear Finspiracy
If you want to send them running, print of a few articles about their pedophile issues.
Show them and they won't come back

They refuse to deal with anything their church can't deal with
My advice

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Dear Finspiracy
If you want to send them running, print of a few articles about their pedophile issues.
Show them and they won't come back

They refuse to deal with anything their church can't deal with
My advice

I would... But i feel like i would be disrespecting then. I absolutely can't deal with disrespect. Unless it is a fact, then it is a fact, then i would clear myself out.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Holding someone accountable for their actions is not disrespect, it’s the opposite in fact

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson

no. i do not believe god/gods care about us. we are playthings for their amusement/aggrandizement. see job.

no. i do not believe in kingly law or royal rule. i'm an american.

I tend to agree with your sentiment. I think it is very unlikely our omnipotent God of unconditional love would have the qualities as described in the Bible. It just seems to me an omnipotent God would be a wee bit more egalitarian. I doubt very much the divine form of government promoted in the Bible, that is monarchy, is the form of government an omnipotent God would have. I doubt very much there would be loyalty tests in order to achieve salvation and avoid damnation. I would say an omnipotent God needs absolutely NOTHING from mankind.

I find it to be just a fascinating coincidence the type of government in the Bible is exactly the one favored by King James. In his book, "The True Law of Free Monarchies", King James shows his true colors. He espouses the idea of the divine right of kings:

"The state of monarchy is the supremest thing upon earth, for kings are not only God's lieutenants upon earth and sit upon God's throne, but even by God himself they are called gods. There be three principal [comparisons] that illustrate the state of monarchy: one taken out of the word of God, and the two other out of the grounds of policy and philosophy. In the Scriptures kings are called gods, and so their power after a certain relation compared to the Divine power. Kings are also compared to fathers of families; for a king is truly parens patriae [parent of the country], the politic father of his people. And lastly, kings are compared to the head of this microcosm of the body of man.[4]"

Divine Right of Kings

The True Law of Free Monarchies

Referring to God as "king" is offensive to me as an American. I very much doubt our omnipotent God of unconditional love sees himself as a king ruling over the people of Earth. The whole idea of God as King was invented by King James for the purpose of legitimizing himself and his form of government.

Some people are born to kneel. As an American, it's not my cup of tea:

edit on 13-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Holding someone accountable for their actions is not disrespect, it’s the opposite in fact

Not if the person doing the accounting is enjoying punishing someone. Then it's psychotic.

edit on 13-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I think i understand... But i have done plenty of nasty stuff myself, who am i to judge?

But Jehovah's witness pedophilia? If there is evidence for that, i will do my best to SMASH all of them.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Not if the person doing the accounting is enjoying punishing someone. Then it's psychotic.

That is psychotic? It can be. But in my books, the more suitable word is sadistic.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I didn’t suggest you smash them, just asked them why they are a part of a church that doesn’t hold people who commit crimes like that accountable?
How they can live with that?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I don’t think I was suggesting punishing someone was the desired effect
Go read the posts again in chronological order

A church that harbours and protects pedophiles, they need to be held accountable by their own members

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

But Jehovah's witness pedophilia? If there is evidence for that, i will do my best to SMASH all of them.

Here you go.

W5: Sex abuse accusations within the Jehovah's Witnesses

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join