It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School turns down free Chick-fil-A lunch ‘out of respect for LGBTQ staff’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I found this to be kind funny. They turn down free food because Chick-Fil-A is against same sex marriage and that's not "kind." Free food is "kind" it's just that that is a religion and that is what their book says. Tell you what, when they force Islam to hold marriages in Mosques to hold same sex marriages maybe this will all make sense. As it stands, this is all weird. I'm not Christian by the way but they have religious freedoms the left and/or Democrats seemingly want to violate and people are turning down free food. What is next, someone who is homeless would rather starve that day or week cause they do not want to go to a food drive because LGBTQ is not satisfied with civil unions and want to infiltrate a religion? How about clothing? A shelter they help run and/or donate to(all kinds around here)? Just weird to me. They are not all the ones you see on TV and the media that say "fags will burn in hell!" Most of them aren't cult-like and are just trying to be christ-like. Free food... okay.
edit on 10/12/2019 by Gyo01 because: Spelling

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
LGBT is now nothing more than a puritanical ideological sex cult.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

Wait what, I had to google that Chik a fil is against same sex marriage, not sure how a corporate name can have an opinion on anything, it appears it was the COO who dropped this wisdom on us.

"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that. ... We want to do anything we possibly can to strengthen families. We are very much committed to that," Cathy emphasized. "We intend to stay the course," he said. "We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles.

I suppose we can reverse your argument about why not accept food from a particular outlet (myself I would have no problem getting free food), why would a business not accept money because of who someone sleeps with?

My own take is not popular (well the sky fairy did give me ginger hair) can ALL religions please be consigned to the myth and fantasy section of books, none of them should hold the power to make people not tolerate someone else, yet they ALL do, maybe this means I end up in hell despite treating everyone in my life with respect and bringing my son up to do the same but because I am fair to Gays, my niece is lesbian and in a same sex relationship or becuase I had a child out of wedlock or even befreinded a divorcee I must be the spawn of satan, seems like tolerance is a lesson ALL religions could do with.
edit on 12-10-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So they turned chik filet down just like they turn them down. Equal now.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
My friend is very openly gay, talks like it and everything. He is so damn gay. He was homeless one winter and they fed him and clothed him and kept him warm and got him some work. Turning down who now? It's just a religion and same sex marriage is a tradition you cannot break of theirs cause then it is no longer a religion. I couldn't care less what they believe to be their tradition. Doesn't mean I should and try to change people. I am not in the business of changing people. Unless you are stealing, murdering, or raping, or assaulting someone, just be you.
edit on 10/12/2019 by Gyo01 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

good thing the parents of the LBGTQ community did not feel as they do huh????

if their Parents felts as they do, they would not be here...

Just saying........😲😁

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

can you show where Chic-filet try to change someone??

can you link to it or anywhere that shows chick-fillet did anything untoward to anyone let alone LGBTQ folks???

I can show where folks discriminated against chik-fillet, how odd that only goes one way.

who is are the "bad" people again???

who are the "not tolerant".

who is screaming at the sky????

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Chick-fil-A isn't against same sex marriage.
The owner made the mistake of giving donations to an organization once that was. But the cancel culture won't stand for that. One of the only remaining quality fast food chains must be eliminated because apparently we can't have nice things.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

except for the NBA, then money is good and freedom takes a backseat..

the NBA calims to be the most "woke" unless it effects their bottom line..

and the left still supports them

Fascinating....

Oh and NIKE supports the NBA

So I presume Colin Kappernic as well

Funny how he is so woke, unless it effect HIS ability to make millions
edit on 12-10-2019 by thedigirati because: the hypocrisy of the left is blatant!!

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

you said

"why would a business not accept money because of who someone sleeps with?"

that never happened, atleast not with chick-fillet, where did you get that info anyways??

Chick- fillet will serve anyone that has money to pay.

so your premise is off a bit there sorry.

just wanted to clear that up....

(I personally do not eat at chick-fillet, they cost too much for me)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Why y'all get so bent out of shape because of something someone else did that literally has nothing to do with you?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

Heh
"Get off of my lawn!"
"But we're on the sidewalk?!"

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01

originally posted by: thedigirati

Heh
"Get off of my lawn!"
"But we're on the sidewalk?!"

Have a werthers

you got nothing else.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

Maybe you can show me chik-fil-a refusing to serve gay customers. Chik-fil-a message seems to be we disagree with gay marriage but we love everyone, even those who do things we disagree with.

Horror.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
Why y'all get so bent out of shape because of something someone else did that literally has nothing to do with you?

Conversation buddy, that's all. I'm not bent outta shape whatsoever. Just this country is getting too bent out of shape as a whole and a feel everyone that is should take step back and collect their emotions so we can just live. Like I said, I'm an avid news reader and just felt like conversing about this particular article. I'm not out to change anyone, turn down free food if ya like, no biggie.
edit on 10/12/2019 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

Except the dont. They dont turn away gay customers, and hire them. Seems like the definition of tolerance actually. You actually just eant people to agree with you all the time.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
They closed on Sunday is that not proof of their bigotry?

Hopefully this slips past the Chinese censors....

Jk don't cancel me.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

can ALL religions please be consigned to the myth and fantasy section of bookscan ALL religions please be consigned to the myth and fantasy section of books

That would delete a lot of history.

none of them should hold the power to make people not tolerate someone else, yet they ALL do

How about not tolerate someone's behaviors not the persons.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
LGBT is now nothing more than a puritanical ideological sex cult.

Exactly that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join