It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police chiefs ask US to waive immunity for envoy's wife in crash.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
a reply to: BomSquad

By that logic anyone even remotely involved in a traffic accident should receive a lengthy prison sentence. Hell lets go a tiny step farther, death penalty for anyone backing into a light pole.

Anyone found to be at fault in the death of someone through possible negligence should stand trial for that death and receive a jail sentence if it's warranted.

Why do you have a problem with that concept ?

link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
More than likely she reverted back to her American side of the road. I have done it a couple times myself.
Still, she should have stayed put until the investigatikn was complete. I hope she is at least made to come back.

As an aside...we have this happen at least once a year up my way....peeps just forget to drive on the left side of the road.

a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

Yeah i can imagine it being easily done, driving on the wrong side of the road..... that is.
The fact remains that a life was taken and what she was advised to do was beyond any limits her political status should give her.

Reply to jason 79 -
Not a crime if no drink or drugs involved!..... When a life is lost, the person/s involved should not have left the country, until the fact that they werent at fault was established. She was on the wrong side of the road, therefore..... She was at fault.

link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Return her, this is bs.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Damned women drivers.
Send her back.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

a reply to: micpsi
a reply to: alldaylong

It's up to the prosecution to prove a crime took place, and left hand vs right hand driving likely caused the accident.

So you are basicly saying that if you are to stupid to follow the rules on the road, you shouldnt be punished?
So, if i load my gun and point it at you and pull the trigger, shooting your brains all over the place, all i have to say to get a free "get out of jail" card, is to claim i was just to stupid to follow safety procedures, and claim i didnt know my gun was loaded? You know, it was just the loaded/not loaded question that caused the accident, not me holding the gun, pulling the trigger while pointing you in the face...

Are you seriously saying it is ok to murder someone by accident, if you are just a little confused? no biggie.....
Guess you wont be the one to complain when something like this happens to your kids/family....

You sir, is a disgrace!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My understanding is, she was questioned by the police (so drink/drug tests done one would assume).
She agreed not to flee the country or area to the police pending further enquiries......then later (within 24 hours) POOF! There she was gone, shipped out on a military flight!

Grrrrr!
Angry Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
My understanding is, she was questioned by the police (so drink/drug tests done one would assume).
She agreed not to flee the country or area to the police pending further enquiries......then later (within 24 hours) POOF! There she was gone, shipped out on a military flight!

Grrrrr!
Angry Rainbows
Jane

Yeah...that is what I had read as well.

It would have to do with her husband Jonathan Sacoolas. He works at the RAF base she hit the motorcyclist outside of.

He must have some serious pull in order to have diplomatic immunity....either that or we arent being told the whole story and she was actually the one with immunity.

Starting to make me wonder if there is a LOT more to this story.

That base is a known US listening station in the UK. Maybe she was trying to get something out? I have read her husband is a "spy" of sorts there.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
How the hell did you get all that out of that post????

Dude said let the popo determine the facts.....then he said it was probably an accident. Jeesus.

a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It does make one wonder. Usually on 'Top Secret' listening stations like this it is only the military that are allowed on base....I could be wrong as this is a US base. But if I am right, then what was she doing there anyhow? She wouldn't have the 'clearance'

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

a reply to: BomSquad

You do realise that entire county drives on the left side of the road. While we go so far to indoctorate elementary children to keep right while walking in the school hallways. Have you ever driven somewhere a wondered how you got there?

Remind me to run over someone in your family next time I visit the states.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Except the embassy advised her to bail.
Not sure why....gotta ask whomever gave the order.

a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ummm....the base isnt secret....only specific areas where one needs a line badge. Sheesh. That base has a school and all sorts. Lots of civilians and retirees work there.

a reply to: angelchemuel

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

How the hell did you get all that out of that post????

Dude said let the popo determine the facts.....then he said it was probably an accident. Jeesus.

Try reading his other post, the dude clearly states NO CRIME takes place in an car accident, if you are not drunk or on drugs, and it was perfectly fine for the POS to flee the country.

Do you agree with him?

The Dude responded to this post

You do realize that driving in the wrong lane, and killing someone, no matter what country you are in, is still negligent homicide! She made a mistake and drove in the wrong lane, that doesn't mean she gets to say, "Sorry" and flee the country. (well, it does with diplomatic immunity, but that should be waived in this case and she should face the music) Through her negligence, for driving on the wrong side of the road, a person lost their life. Is it a tragic mistake and accident? Yes! But she still needs to own up for this mistake and pay the price.

With this

By that logic anyone even remotely involved in a traffic accident should receive a lengthy prison sentence. Hell lets go a tiny step farther, death penalty for anyone backing into a light pole.

Read his post, he clearly dont see a problem with the POS killing kids and fleeing the country.

Do you agree with him?
edit on 7 10 2019 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just went by what you quoted.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Just went by what you quoted.

I assume people have read the rest of the thread, when they get to my post.
But anyhow, as you can tell by my post, i dont agree with his statement.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Just to clarify. In the Uk we don't have "negilgent homicide".

Pending questions from the police, this woman could be charged under the Road Safely Act 2006. If she was not malicious or pre-meditated in her intent, or influenced by drink or drugs, then it would be a charge of "causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving", or similar. The sentence guidelines are five years and an unlimited fine.

If it was an accident, then the court will treat it as such. I think she has been poorly advised to leave the country. Frustrating the course of justice and abusing diplomatic immunity is the path to ruin IMHO.

It's my opinion on the above.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
No worries. Im going with horrible accident for now and yes she should have stayed. Like I said...damned near every year we lose an airman that way. Right outside the main gate....turned left right into traffic. I have found myself on the wrong side of the road in the states!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I agree. Would like to know how long shes been stationed in the UK. Fricken hate that something like this has to turm political.
Most likely Boris and the Donald will have to sort it.

a reply to: paraphi

CX

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't care who she's married to or what he does, to have diplomatic immunity, I'd expect them both to have a half decent job or position.....and therefore have a few more morals than to just up and run like a coward when someone's son has just been killed.

Go look at the interviews on the UK news with his parents, they are understandably in bits over this.

To just up and run without even an apology is pretty crap, and certainly says a lot about a person. This is why I never take any notice of a persons wealth of status when it comes to morals.

CX.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

No worries. Im going with horrible accident for now and yes she should have stayed. Like I said...damned near every year we lose an airman that way. Right outside the main gate....turned left right into traffic. I have found myself on the wrong side of the road in the states!

I agree, this was clearly an accident and she should have stayed.
I really doubt that she wanted to hurt anyone, and i dont see any need to ruin her life aswell. But she has to face the music, and the fact that she runs from it, should be punished a LOT harder than the accident itself.

How the heck can we have something like diplomatic immunity anyways? That is just corruption in my book.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join