It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police chiefs ask US to waive immunity for envoy's wife in crash.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have a friend who now walks with a serious limp after a motorbike accident at the gates of the RAF base he was serving at, seems to be a common occurence.

We'll hear more from this but id be very surprised if we see any type of real reprimand. The whole criminal underworld should move into politics, it seems your excused from every criminal act known to man.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You should read all the crap.the Saudi,s have pulled in ths name of diplomatic immunity.

a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Oh gosh, I've read your posts for years and never seen 'angry rainbows' at the end before!
Daisy Rainbows agree, the poor family of that young man ❤️

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It does make one wonder. Usually on 'Top Secret' listening stations like this it is only the military that are allowed on base....I could be wrong as this is a US base. But if I am right, then what was she doing there anyhow? She wouldn't have the 'clearance'

Rainbows
Jane

From what I have been able to look up, the base was granted a $317 million upgrade in 2015. This upgrade included family housing onsite. I read she only "moved" there 3 weeks ago or maybe just went back 3 weeks ago.

Either way, she could have just been living on base with hubby but knowing spy families, they are both usually involved somehow.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
You should read all the crap.the Saudi,s have pulled in ths name of diplomatic immunity.

I believe you, they dont even need the immunity to get out of trouble.
11/9, Jamal Khashoggi, Yemen. These guys doesnt give a crap about what the world thing of them.
Still the USAs damn best buddy anyhow...

The rest of the world should boycot anything that has to do with saudia arabia, including their buddies...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You kow how many AFSC,S work on that base? Lots . And they arent all "spies" for gods sake. And her being there only three weeks reinforces the fact she had no experience driving on the left side of the road.

Now, bring her back and let due process work.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Good. Diplomatic immunity should be done away with. People should honor other nations laws while in them.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

I'm not sure two occurrences can be classed as common.

I've seen 6 crashes in two weeks on the same stretch of motorway. Car accidents are common but not excusable.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You kow how many AFSC,S work on that base? Lots . And they arent all "spies" for gods sake. And her being there only three weeks reinforces the fact she had no experience driving on the left side of the road.

Now, bring her back and let due process work.

I didnt say they were all spies. I said I have read her husband was. He also apparently has diplomatic immunity which would put him in a much higher position than whatever others were working there.

Either way...doesnt matter. She should face her crime.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
a reply to: BomSquad

By that logic anyone even remotely involved in a traffic accident should receive a lengthy prison sentence. Hell lets go a tiny step farther, death penalty for anyone backing into a light pole.

If someone was KILLED while backing into a light pole, perhaps.

What part of someone was KILLED don't you get? This wasn't just a traffic violation. Someone lost their life due to her actions!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LurkinNoMore

I'm not sure two occurrences can be classed as common.

I've seen 6 crashes in two weeks on the same stretch of motorway. Car accidents are common but not excusable.

Theres been more than two instances spoke of just in this thread, as you surely must know, if youd read through. Id also put my nuts on there being more instances easily found around the web, so ill just ignore your little invalid contribution towards my post shall i? 🙄

It happens more than whats been reported in this thread, thats all I'm saying.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I just wasn't sure what your point was. That car accidents outside of RAF bases are more common than people in this thread might think?

More so than car accidents in other areas of the country?

If so what do you think is the underlying reason? I've not heard of any other cases with the exact merits of this one, but perhaps they don't always make the news.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Ummm....the base isnt secret....only specific areas where one needs a line badge. Sheesh. That base has a school and all sorts. Lots of civilians and retirees work there.

Ahhh, OK, thank you for clearing that up

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaisyRainbow

Oh gosh, I've read your posts for years and never seen 'angry rainbows' at the end before!
Daisy Rainbows agree, the poor family of that young man ❤️

Awww, thank you for that. Yes I'm angry....very angry....it's quite simply fleeing the scene and evading your responsibilities. I am sure if we can't get it sorted....karma will.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Diplomatic immunity was established to protect diplomats. However a country can seek compensation in US courts. In this instance the state department advised her to leave. And to some extent i see why.

She made a mistake driving on the wrong side of the road. She had no criminal intent and was a mistake. I personally had something similar in Germany but i only hit a car no one died. But i was clearly on the wrong side of the road old habits die hard i guess.

Problem is this is going to be highly emotional. People will want revenge and having said that the state department made the right move. I read she fully cooperated with police they took blood samples and she wasn't impaired. So why do they need her there at all? They dont unless they want to prosecute which to me seems like it was an accident.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Right so.... the PM of the UK wants her to come back and face up to killing someone.

Ms Sacoolas left the UK despite telling police she had no such plans.

Would you be happy for me to come over to America, drive on the wrong side of the road. Kill someone and just leave?

Oops. I made a mistake. Cya.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Here ya go...just in London. Over a million in unpaid.fines....rape, guns, etc. No country mentioned....mmmhmmm.

www.google.com... 46609445&psig=AOvVaw0MPx0AhJdq2NMwfxpc03Ag&ust=1570565953027346&cshid=1570479550896

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Here ya go...just in London. Over a million in unpaid.fines....rape, guns, etc. No country mentioned....mmmhmmm.

www.google.com... 46609445&psig=AOvVaw0MPx0AhJdq2NMwfxpc03Ag&ust=1570565953027346&cshid=1570479550896

Cant view the link for some reason?

But i do believe it. I remember seeing something not long ago, About young saudies getting their education in the states. Some of them did the exact same thing, got involved in car accidents where people died, and the saudi goverment/kingdom paid of the right people and brought them all home, without ever going to any trial....

I have some business i need to take care of right now, but iam gonna try to find a link to that story when i get back.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I read she fully cooperated with police they took blood samples and she wasn't impaired. So why do they need her there at all?

The Police did not have the power to fully question her.

Officers then sought to obtain a waiver from the US embassy – which is required to allow for the arrest and formal interview of a suspect with diplomatic immunity

The woman was on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.

But the force said it was later informed that the waiver had been refused and Mrs Sacoolas had left the country despite the fact that officers had been preparing to send a file to the Crown Prosecution Service over charges of causing death by dangerous driving.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Causing death by dangerous driving carries a custodial sentence in The UK of up to 14 years. If she had been found guilty she would have probably gone down.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
Since when are traffic accidents a criminal offence unless the person was under the influence of drugs or alcohol? Seems to me the embassy made the correct call telling her to leave.

Causing death by dangerous driving is a criminal offence, whether impaired or stone cold sober.

Edit: see this point already made above.
edit on 7-10-2019 by justwokeup because: Redundant post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join