It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Court In Transgender Case: Bible Belief Is ‘Incompatible With Human Dignity’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: CthruU

The funny thing about your hateful post is Rock Hudson was known to be flaming gay in Hollywood:

en.wikipedia.org...

If you are referring to that actor in the picture.

It is of CARY GRANT you Dill Pot !!

To the best of everyone's knowledge......he wasn't a Transgender.

edit on 4-10-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I am very sorry but this so called Judge should never have passed the bar and should be kicked out of the profession, he/she is being paid a brilliant salary for doing nothing for society.

First of all WHAT ABOUT MY DIGNITY, the dignity of every Christian, Jew (Religion not self identification) - AND Muslim as well as oh so many other traditions and beliefs that are inseparable from our identity's that find the prospect of having to called bearded beer bellied bloke a lady, what about our higher purpose were we obey the law ONLY so long as it does not contravene our belief's since we owe a higher allegiance.

This so called Judge does not understand the spirit of the law or the fact that it was founded on Christian principles - albeit twisted abused and power mongering versions of them used to keep people in there places and maintain the status quo of society.

Disgusting and I truly believe this case needs' to be referred to the high court - assuming they still have some moral sense of duty that is.

I am all for equal right's and not judging other's but this is an abuse of the law to target the belief's of millions of people for a secularist ideology which is basically incompatible with human life itself.

Don't get me wrong I do not condone persecuting people because of there sexuality.

But given this Supposed Judges immoral decision I also believe there are grounds' to review his/her previous case history since it is likely they have made other very bad judgement call's in the past.
edit on 4-10-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: CthruU

The funny thing about your hateful post is Rock Hudson was known to be flaming gay in Hollywood:

en.wikipedia.org...

If you are referring to that actor in the picture.

It is of CARY GRANT you Dill Pot !!

To the best of everyone's knowledge......he wasn't a Transgender.

Thanks, i was waiting for the usual rhetoric response before driving that final nail in the coffin but coming from someone else is even more satisfying.

Cheers to you.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It's funny in a sad sort of way when you realize most of "adult" life is people compensating for perceived wrongs that happened in high school when Chad used to give them wedgies, or in early childhood when daddy wouldn't buy you a pony. That's the level of mentation I see behind people bashing the bible or straight white males or whatever used to pass as "normal" before 1967 or so.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Good thing thats Cary Grant and not Roc Hudson right?

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   

There were good reasons why America's Founders placed freedom of speech and religion in spot number 1 on the Constitution's list of handcuffs against government power and partial list of enumerated Rights held by We the People. England hasn't changed that much where religion is concerned... if the crown or his/her justices decide one day to glorify the profane and condemn the clean, then by God the whole country will be turned on its ass to make it happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Modern straight soy boys... far less manly and masculine than even flamboyant homosexual American men of 70 years ago. That's something for today's whatevers... men? Its? to be proud of, I'm sure.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

The day the Doctor is able to give him a hysterectomy or a uterine examination

is the day he may then be able to ignore his beard and call him a woman

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I have no issues with transgendered people, gay people, whatever.
Nor am I a Christian. Never have been.

But what I see when I read the OP, is the lack of fake outrage that we would be seeing on headline news if it were some other ‘religion’ that was labeled as “incompatible with human dignity”.

Even though the ‘religion’ I’m speaking of, most definitely is incompatible with human dignity.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Shouldnt he have under his oath to help others as a doctor just put it down to bedside manner , even though he doesnt believe in it

I mean its his deeply held beliefs vs his means of survival and his families

if I was him id just turn the other cheek and get on with it

just because the bible doesnt set out for every possible gender there is doesnt mean he cant just be civil
and treat people as they'd like to be treated.

He isn't very much of a christian is he !

Does he ever have to put up with Atheists or members of other religions coming in and saying they want to be treated by a different doctor because they dont want to be treated by a christian doctor ?
Nah they are happy to get treated no matter what , no one judges the doctor for his deeply held beliefs.

If that person believes they are male , and he believes in a god , surely they should both respect that

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Dr. Mackereth then tried to take his case to court, and what the court claimed is that the bible, and in specific Genesis 1:27 are incompatible with "human dignity" because it doesn't recognize "transgenderism."

So being a male and female is incompatible with human dignity according to the court. Stupidity at it´s best.

Dr. David Mackereth, a Christian doctor, was given an scenario by his boss of how he would call a patient if the patient was a 6 foot tall MAN with a beard but prefers to be called a woman.

As for the Doctor getting fired after 26 years of work, just because he stated the obvious it´s really a shame. Not much to say about that.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Look at her broad shoulders.
Look at her beard.
Look at her might pectorals.
Man this feels weird.
Look how her neck has an apple.
Look how her beard is groomed.
This now is a woman, my dear.
The whole world, and me, are doomed.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This is good news.

The bible is evil, mutilating yourself is love.

Everything running along perfectly

Keep to yourself and enjoy the show. Don't allow yourself to get dragged down with them by forgetting the truth.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Ummm...perhaps the whole argument...should be left in the lap of science...

Governments and courts legislating...feels...over science and logic...is the height of ignorance...and has nothing whatsoever to do with human dignity...

If there was an interest in dignity...then the dignity of all parties would be the consideration...not shaming the human dignity of one party over PC consideration...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
"it's strange, but these ten commandments seem to ignore the rights of women and children, but are big on protecting the rights of oxen, slave, and donkey owners. I mean, it's almost as if a man made up these commandments to keep a primitive people in check"

also: there's no such thing as transgenderism. Trans people will exist regardless of whether you believe or not, and the louder you protest and make up stupid little tags like that the louder and more insistent they're gonna be about it. Only ism i see is Actually-Treating-People-Compassionatelyism, and if you don't believe in THAT then maybe you should go back and reread that book you claim is so precious to you and what our J boy had to say about that sort of thing

" “Thus says the Lord of hosts, Render true judgments, show kindness and mercy to one another, do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the sojourner, or the poor, and let none of you devise evil against another in your heart.” "

What did J do and say about the afflicted and those that are different from you? Did he not come to liberate the oppressed? Sometimes I wonder if oppression lies within the soul of those who hate and those were whom J was trying to liberate.

cor.org...
edit on 110CDT10America/Chicago045101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76

Dr. Mackereth then tried to take his case to court, and what the court claimed is that the bible, and in specific Genesis 1:27 are incompatible with "human dignity" because it doesn't recognize "transgenderism."

So being a male and female is incompatible with human dignity according to the court. Stupidity at it´s best.

Dr. David Mackereth, a Christian doctor, was given an scenario by his boss of how he would call a patient if the patient was a 6 foot tall MAN with a beard but prefers to be called a woman.

As for the Doctor getting fired after 26 years of work, just because he stated the obvious it´s really a shame. Not much to say about that.

He want fired he left because he wouldn't accept instructions on how to refer to people then claimed he was discriminated against.

Also he was in training to work for DWP as a new job, not there for 26 years.

He still works as doctor.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The Telegraph reported that Mackereth said he was removed from his job with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) in late June 2018 after his boss “interrogated” him about his personal religious convictions.

He was a Civil Servant , his wages were paid by the public so he had a duty to serve the public ... all of them.

Bible Belief is a personal thing , it does not allow him to discriminate when dealing with clients.

I think the court made the right decision , for the right reasons.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Wow- an honest opinion from a court.

Christianity, as practiced, is incompatible with human-dignity, life and rights.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

This isnt really about the bible....
This is about a doctor calling a man a man...

Male is male. Do you get it?

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well that would mean the Koran is incompatible too, since it literally an Arabic rendition of the O, an N. T, with comic like twists too it.

It said Adam an Eve were both man, an woman. Hell, Mohammed even said they visited.

Also, Paul an Peter were very close friends...like very close...to close for words. I think they were very open about it.
edit on 4-10-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join