It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like Bernie Sanders is out - Heart surgery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

originally posted by: Admitted
Warren is lost in the woods

Indians do not get lost in the woods.
Or are you saying she is not who she thinks she is?

Thanks for my first LOL of the day

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The only other person in the field that even had a chance was Biden. The fact that he's so intimately tied in to this impeachment stuff means his best bet is that Trump actually gets removed from office.

Otherwise it gives the impression that he's guilty.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
can't say this really comes as a surprise. he looked like he was about to have a heart attack in every primary debate. so it would definitely be wise for him to step down. even after surgery he shouldn't be under stress. and campaigns not to mention being President are nothing but stress. to be honest he should probably step down from his position as senator as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Even if Trump is impeached he will still hold office. This is his Lewinski moment.

I listen to rightwing radio every now and then and even they think he will be impeached, but what matters is how it goes down. The Dems want to get over with before Thanksgiving and if they can the public will mostly blame Trump. If the Repubs can draw it out and make a mess of it the public will get sick of it and start turning on the left.
edit on 2-10-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
If he does quit I wonder if he will be giving the millions of dollars in campaign donations back to his base. I am pretty sure we all know the answer to that question.

Hell, I suspect that all but maybe two or three of the Dem candidates are just in it for the donations.

I'm sure there's a scheme where the donations get spent on "campaign advisors" or somesuch nonsense, with the money getting laundered into the candidate's bank account.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Sorry he's hospitalized. I've no political love for the guy and don't want him as my president anyway.

This will boost Warren, whom I also have no love for...

The field sucks. Biden is brain-dead, Warren is lost in the woods...Bernie is just angry (and out now, I guess)...

I'd say anyone but Trump...but the anyone's aren't looking much better.

The Ukraine scandal is making Biden less electable by the day, as it becomes obvious that he's as crooked as any Chicago mayor. With Bernie taking this hit, Warren is now the clear front-runner.

Which will make things interesting, because all the Dems in big business hate Warren passionately (with good reason), and have said they'll sooner vote for Trump than her.

Edit: This is actually fascinating to watch. Trump got elected because the alternative was Hillary Clinton. Well, Trump v. Elizabeth Warren is essentially the same contest. Anybody with even the smallest shred of common sense knows she's a horrible choice.
edit on 2-10-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

This is a very common thing and stents are a none invasive procedure (creepy though) that has people on their feet and healthier in a week. I've seen in several times with people his age. It's actually one of the great advances in medicine. Less expensive and better outcomes. Yay!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Sorry he's hospitalized. I've no political love for the guy and don't want him as my president anyway.

This will boost Warren, whom I also have no love for...

The field sucks. Biden is brain-dead, Warren is lost in the woods...Bernie is just angry (and out now, I guess)...

I'd say anyone but Trump...but the anyone's aren't looking much better.

The Ukraine scandal is making Biden less electable by the day, as it becomes obvious that he's as crooked as any Chicago mayor. With Bernie taking this hit, Warren is now the clear front-runner.

Which will make things interesting, because all the Dems in big business hate Warren passionately (with good reason), and have said they'll sooner vote for Trump than her.

Unfortunately (in my mind) 100% right. I'm no Trump supporter but the dem field is terrible. My fantasy world is a viable Republican challenger.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I'm 31, have had an angioplasty, and almost need a stent.

That said, if you're 79 and running for President any kind of heart condition is going to be a huge strike against you.

Can you point towards any candidate that won their election after undergoing a heart procedure?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The Ukraine scandal is making Biden less electable by the day

realistically it's only trump supporters dumb enough to still believe the trump narrative about biden, if you still believe the lie do some homework.
doubt trump supporters would vote for any democrat either way, especially those that have been gaslit to believe blatant lies.

on topic, hope bernie gets well, be interesting if bernie does pull out and he throws his weight behind someone or stays on the sidelines as an angry talking head.
could win the sympathy vote as vp?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Did he just get done visiting Hillary?
🤪

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Hopefully it is just stints and back at it in a couple days.

Doing a bypass or even a transplant would be a career ender at his age as a full enough recovery would take years.

Looks like it's just stents. He's not ill enough that a transplant is even a scenario, though a bypass might.

With today's medicine, bypass recovery is pretty quick. Not as fast as a stent, but fast. I expect he'll be back within two weeks barring any further problems.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Which Cuban hospital has he been taken to?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Speaking as someone who actually has been stented (not “stints”), I can attest to the fact that this procedure should not inhibit Bernie in the least.

He’ll emerge from the hospital with little more than a small puncture wound on his thigh.

And full circulation restored to his heart.

A bout of the flu is far more debilitating.
edit on 2-10-2019 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: FyreByrd

I'm 31, have had an angioplasty, and almost need a stent.

That said, if you're 79 and running for President any kind of heart condition is going to be a huge strike against you.

Can you point towards any candidate that won their election after undergoing a heart procedure?

Just why should I be required to? I believe it's an issue of competence. I will take a mentally healthy competent person over a mentally unhealthy person any day.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I still maintain, as I have from the start of this season, that Biden and Sanders have been focal points for media so that lesser known candidates could work without the blast of media, pro and con in their faces.

While Biden may be out due to him being, well, Biden, and Sanders now looking impaired, they will be active on the part of the party and not active in their own campaigns. The second tier wlll all advance and those in the third tier will come up as well.

Look to the convention. With the super delegates held in check on the first ballot (thank you for that change in rules Bernie) I think that round could be decisive.

I think that the dems are not in disarray as many suppose but rather are in the process of fundamental change. While the public leaders in the polls are mostly older dems, the change that I think is in the process of coming out is towards not only women but youth as well.

As that convention rolls around I can see both Biden and Sanders, though no longer viable candidates, tossing their support to the one candidate that they believe can beat Trump. I would look to Clinton to do the same though I sure wish she would just stay out of it entirely.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Ditto to every word. He seems like a nice enough guy. I just don't like his policy plans.

I hope the stent insertion heals quickly and that he makes a full recovery.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
So politics aside.....

Its not really major surgery but rather a cath lab procedure and if he was younger he would be home alot quicker but since he is famous and old he will stay in longer

I'm not trivializing the risks, but its pretty routine

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Greasy corndogs he was scarfing down at the Iowa State Fair was the last shot of sludge his heart could handle.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I liked Bernie, I thought he should have ran against Trump, but Hillary really sabatoged his run for the presidency.

But, after he was forced to bow down and endorse Hillary, he forfeited his soul.

I wish him well with his recovery, he will probably be ok, they are pretty good at fixing the type of problem he has, I know lots of people who had bypass surgery and blocked veins expanded and they seem to be doing all right.

I think he should just drop out and stay away from the stressful politics. He should enjoy the rest of his life, at least he tried to get the government a little better. I did not agree with all of what Bernie was wanting, but a lot of it was pretty good if it was feathered into our government policy. Too fast is not good, slowly converting a society is way more peaceful.
edit on 2-10-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join