It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel Prize-Winning Physicist Says He Is 99% Sure That ESP Is Real

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Lets put it this way we can get better.

But thats what science does.

The data and results become more accurate and refined as different method and means of experimentation materialize down to technological advancements.

If ESP does exist i imagine it may have something to do with the quantum realm, where energy and matter connect and exist in a manner that's quite frankly somewhat mystical whilst perceved from our macro perspective.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Well as a scientist you either prove or disprove things..
I will wait for him to finish his work and hear the conclusion of these fantasies.

Is it fantasy though?

Have you never finished someone's sentence nor had a psychic dream?
edit on 3092019 by Wide-Eyes because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Visiting ESB
Interesting videos at the link. My belief is that if ESP is "real", then most or all of paranormal phenomenon is real. That's my take, in a nutshell. Now, open fire.

www.dailygrail.com...

The CIA stated in declassified MKUltra files that humans are capable of esp and telekinesis but that part of our brain isn't evolved enough to do it...yet.

Chew on that for a while. I'm at work so I can't link proper file numbers, but it's around the same section where they made the chick point a pistol at an agent and not remember it.
edit on fMondayAmerica/Chicago4301699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I tend to think that it's "real," but surprisingly useless. It's not like something you see in a carnival or a movie where somebody is able to read somebody's thoughts or lottery numbers or do other theatrical, magical things. It's more like being able to catch a brief glimpse of the ghosts of patterns extending out past your usual bubble of awareness / activity and into "the future." It can seem like synchronicity, coincidence, or deja vu, and can be easily dismissed as such.

Unfortunately, it seems to happen almost exclusively when you don't consciously try to do it, as if a directed cognitive overlay interferes with you being able to notice the patterns. And I don't see any particular purpose in it or way to utilize it.

Example: Last Saturday I had a couple of unrelated anomalous correlations having to do with the horror movie actor Lon Chaney, as well as comedian Jim Carrey singing the Mighty Mouse theme. Why? What good is that? It's almost as if the programmers in charge of my simulation just got tired and didn't want to bother adding in different details to my simulation, so they just recycled them. Like a computer game that uses copies of trees, or an old cartoon where the background repeats. Just lazy.
edit on 30-9-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Not 100% sure?
Why not? Some problem with evidence?
Or is it his opinion?

It was an intuitive decision.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Countries would never have spent so much money trying to figure out how to control the link between people of a kind if that link did not exist. Our minds can be connected, even at great distances. I am very sure that this mind link exists. The thing is that most people do not know how to control the link to utilize it. This link can even be between people and animals they care for.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I don't think that's enough of a take on it to provide a quality thread opening.

a reply to: Visiting ESB

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Oh i dont know, i think TPTB pretty much mastered mass mind manipulation via a multitude of different techniques, or to be more precise, a combination of such.

Not sure about ESP all the same, probably best to keep an open mind.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Overwhelming scientific evidence for remote-viewing of subatomic particles:
ESP of Quarks and Superstrings, by Stephen Phillips, Part 1 and Part 2. Click on the download buttons on the right of the home page:
smphillips.mysite.com...
Also, Extra-sensory Perception of Quarks, by Stephen Phillips. Click on the download button on the right hand side.

Phillips delivered a seminar on his work at the Cavendish laboratory, University of Cambridge, in 1984 at the invitation of Prof. Josephson, FRS. It was well-received by physicists.
Other links:
smphillips.mysite.com...
and theoretical analysis, using the quark model and just one working hypothesis, of the results of remote-viewing of the atomic nuclei of over 20 elements:
smphillips.mysite.com...
Here is evidence for the existence of a form of remote-viewing that is far stronger than ANY statistical tests or studies conducted by Puthoff & Targ at SRI or by anyone else. Why is it stronger? 1. It does not rely on subjective comparison and assessment of success, and 2. because the paranormal observations were made long before modern atomic, nuclear & particle physics knew ANYTHING about the inside of atoms. This renders impossible a priori the usual explanations by sceptics of:
cheating; no scientific information was available to the remote-viewers that could have been used to generate details that match facts of A. nuclear physics for all the elements of the periodic table; B. the quark model composition of the nucleon; C. the QCD/string model of quark confinement.
lucky guessing; the degree of matching between literally many hundreds of observational details and facts of nuclear physics and the quark model is so high as to make this possibility have almost vanishing probability.

There is therefore no conventional explanation for the extremely high level of correlation between established facts of nuclear and particle physics and the huge volume of testable data about the atoms of each element provided by the remote-viewers in question over a century ago. Cheating is ruled out on a priori grounds (no scientific information available at the time) and guessing cannot explain the amazing level of consistency with facts unknown to physics at the time and the equally amazing, internal self-consistency, which could only arise from observation of objective phenomena, not hallucinations or products of imagination.

Here, therefore, is irrefutable evidence that a form of remote-viewing exists that is known to yogis as "anima" (Patanjali lists it as one of the eight sidhhis, or paranormal powers).

Of course, none of you have ever heard of all this, have you? Well, that is because sceptics and mainstream scientists just ignore research in parapsychology that they cannot refute or debunk. It's the only weapon that they have left to deal with powerful evidence for paranormal faculties, etc. After all, they can hardly admit defeat and endorse the paranormal, can they? Bad for their careers! So the weak research gets all the publicity (so that it can get easily shot down) and the solid, irrefutable work gets ignored as though it never existed, so that not even those familiar with the research literature know about examples where ESP, etc has been proved beyond any shadow of a doubt because the research closed all loopholes and alternative explanations normally available to sceptics.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Consciousness is not strictly encased by the creation creature nor subject to the physics of space or time.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I am not a nobel prize winner, so my thoughts don't matter, but I am 100% sure it is real.

*drops mic and walks away*

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
I am not a nobel prize winner, so my thoughts don't matter, but I am 100% sure it is real.

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”

Nikola Tesla

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

As long there is no measurable scientific proof.. this is no more real then the earth is flat and all the gods and religion.

Lot of people BELIEVE things full hardly.. but that is not enough, if it was.. we would all live in the stone age still

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: solve

Ok, so you have a better methodology you think we should employ to test ESP phenomenon?

Science encompasses the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world.

We are limited via the tools that we have at our disposal.

Science is the best tool we have in our box at present.

Exactly.

Science will be the tool we use to test it, if it exists. We just need to evolve our science a bit.

There was once no science in the fields of chemistry. Nor physics. Nor even astronomy at one time.

As we make new discoveries throughout the centuries we open up new branches of science and study that siht.

There’s hints from quantum experiments and theories and equations that consciousness may have a connection with the physical universe.

May have.

I think if there’s any truth to the esp claims that we’re likely to come across it using this new branch of science, quantum physics.

There’s a lot of anecdotal evidence for esp’s existence. But unlike Bobby Buche, that doesn’t hold a lot of water.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Physicist Says He Is 99% Sure That ESP Is Real

And?

If you cant quantify it or demonstrate it then what good is it?

Let me know when there is some evidence and an application to use it otherwise it just a conversation topic.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Best you look up the definition of spiritualism before advertising to the whole world your ignorance.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: CthruU

Is it?

What if I pick up indicators of his/her bad behaviour subconsciously?

Peacr

Subconsciously? - is that another word for esp.

Certainly is.

I recommend you look up the definition of subconsciously.

Then until ESP is proven scientifically for those of you with no faith in your brains capabilities you may understand the relation.

Even more peace.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Spacespider
Well as a scientist you either prove or disprove things..
I will wait for him to finish his work and hear the conclusion of these fantasies.

Have you never finished someone's sentence

Come on be realistic - we've all done that at times.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Lol

Extra sensory perception is by definition linked to the conscious mind and the level at which ii is focussed.

Does one have to be conscious or unconscious to sense and process the signal?

Peace

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Lol

Extra sensory perception is by definition linked to the conscious mind and the level at which ii is focussed.

Does one have to be conscious or unconscious to sense and process the signal?

Peace

Ohh dear -

ESP - perceptions or communication outside of normal sensory capabilities as in telepathy or clairvoyance.
(Dictionary.com)

Is that the conscious mind ? - No, not initially but once understood and harnessed it then becomes linked to the conscious mind as you described.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join