It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House backs release of Trump whistleblower complaint 421-0

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The U.S. House of Representatives voted 421-0 on Wednesday for a resolution calling on President Donald Trump to release a whistleblower complaint to Congress, despite the administration letting them view the classified document at secure locations in the U.S. Capitol.

Reuters

Unanimous call for the complaint to be released, a day after a 100-0 vote in the Senate.

The administration is "letting them view" the complaint this evening, but this resolution is one step closer to giving the Congress all the paperwork needed to perform their Constitutional duties, outside of what the admin "allows" them to do.

Republicans joined Democrats in backing the release of the document, after many lawmakers argued that Trump’s associates were defying a law calling for whistleblower complaints to be sent to Congress if they are found to be credible.

It's good to see the Republicans coming around and providing unanimous support for transparency.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
read the report it was headline news this morning nowt to worry about a reply to: Oraculi

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

The complaint was shown to select members of Congress a few hours ago.

Sen. Ben Sasse, a Republican from Nebraska, said there are "really troubling things here."

“Republicans ought not to be rushing to circle the wagons to say there’s no there there when there’s obviously lots that’s very troubling there," Sasse, a former Trump critic who was recently endorsed by the president, told reporters. He also chided Democrats "for using words like impeachment."

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 9/25/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

It's good to see the Republicans coming around and providing unanimous support for transparency.

Very good.

From what I'm hearing from the two sides is that they all agree that they want transparency on this issue.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Were the repubs shown the info BEFORE they voted to release it?

Because in my view that would matter.

If they saw the info said things like that and then all voted to release......not a good look for the potus.

On top of that the senate voted twice to www.cbsnews.com...

Their worried about this.

At the time of the initial vote, Congress did not know which defense projects would be affected. Earlier this month, the Department of Defense released a list of projects potentially impacted and several of the projects are in states Democrats are targeting in their effort to flip the Senate.

edit on 25-9-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I don't think anyone has denied the report that the whistle blower is just passing on second hand info, but still I'd like to see it all unedited and unredacted. If it follows the usual pattern though, it will be full of redactions and released in bits and pieces. Maybe not. Hopefully not.

Enough of these accusations tossed back and forth. Start giving us all the data, unedited on important matters and forget the disingenuous protecting the source or national security crap nobody believes anymore.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Start giving us ALL the info (not just for this) AND let we the people vote on more things.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The vote was taken before the committee members were shown the complaint. The Senate passed a similar resolution yesterday.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

It's up to Congress to investigate allegations made in the complaint, not for us to speculate about them.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It's up to Congress to investigate allegations made in the complaint, not for us to speculate about them.

From your link

Rep. Elise Stefanik, a New York Republican, also called for the document to be made public.

"I do not support impeachment of President Trump,"

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Good. If there's anything I know, it's to let politicians do their job and tell me how to think.

God sent them here to do his work and act in a way that's best for us. Always how it has been, always how it will be.

Thank you annoited holy ones. Please send directions for me tomorrow!

Lol.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Is this person even a whistle blower when

1 - they were not there and have no first hand knowledge
2 - someone leaked it to them
3 - they then leaked it via a Clinton/CIA operative

Mueller - Strike 1
Obstruction - Strike 2
Stormy - Strike 3
Trump Jnr Hotel - Strike 4
.. shouldnt they be out by now?

link   
Transparency is a good thing. It's nice to see the House and Senate can unamiously agree on something.

I do not think this is a situation where DoD secrets or proprietary rights are involved and a security clearance protocol is necessary.

The public needs to know.
edit on 25-9-2019 by jrod because: Ad

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

From your link

I know.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Good. If there's anything I know, it's to let politicians do their job and tell me how to think.

You can think whatever you wish. You, however, don't have the ability to question witnesses.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
The witness spoke today
No pressure

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

You can think whatever you wish. You, however, don't have the ability to question witnesses.

I don't have the access.

I do however have the ability to question witnesses once I get the rust off my jumper cables.

Someone tap me in.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The witness spoke today
No pressure

Right. While he was sitting right next to the guy who asked "a favor."

No pressure at all.

edit on 9/25/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

(post by shooterbrody removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

All of this will have to play out. Right now any comment is merely pandering to various bases. I was a bit young to remember but looking back at the run up to Nixon's resignation he had broad based support from the GOP including Goldwater until it became beyond obvious.

GOP members would do well to circle the wagons at some point but its way to early beyond public posturing at this point.

I think Pelosi was correct in trying very hard NOT to bring this but as circumstances dictated she got forced into a corner.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join