It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That feeling of being looked at...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Biologist Rupert Sheldrake has done some serious scientific research into this phenomenon (scopaesthesia) for a long time, and has gotten some very interesting results:

The Sense of Being Stared At - Rupert Sheldrake

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

That's really not the joke.

Sometimes people ask why you are looking or what you are looking at.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If someone is watching you, especially with focus, he creates a connection. This connection is a two way channel.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

For what it's worth I have always been able to tell when I'm being stared at. It developed from some simple paranoia as a teenager, which became somewhat ingrained due to complex circumstances which I won't go into now. Basically I can almost invariably tell when someone has their eyes locked on me, even if it's fleeting or surreptitious (EG if someone is staring but trying to give the appearance that this isn't the case). It feels like a sudden 'alert' intuition which grips you inwardly - only lightly, in the sense that 'something is awry'. I check my surroundings & sure enough, that alert & uncomfortable feeling was spot-on, someone was staring, whether naturally a people-watcher, perhaps glancing casually, or as part of gaslighting - it's incontrovertible in my opinion that this inner discernment, an intuitive & survival-ready instinct in the truest sense of the word. Back in ancient times, heck even in modern times, this is a great survival instinct.

Never let someone get the drop on you! Practice developing your instincts by walking slowly in a built up & populous pedestrian area, wearing something distinctive but hugging the edges of the pavement/ sidewalk where the shops are located. People will lock eyes on you from fixed positions in the area, as the behaviour is mildly erroneous - it looks slightly shady to walk in such manner. Only people who are observing from fixed locations like benches & bus stops can be used to reliably calibrate this 'sense of being stared at' instinct, as everyone who's walking around is usually paying too much attention to a) their phone, or b) the direction in which they are walking. Play around with being mildly conspicuous (wear an unusual shirt while walking in the manner described, etc).

Have fun & stay safe - this instinct might one day save your life, or the lives of those you care about.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset
"How'd you know if I was looking at you if you weren't looking at me huh?"(Sorry, just a silly Mr Bungle lyric that can to mind!).
No personal experiences to add(that come to mind anyway) but I want to say it's very interesting they've found physical evidence of what sounds exactly like telepathy, for me that's huge!
We basically now have solid scientific proof that humans have extra sensory perception.

There is more proof that the observer effect is real (7 sigma) than that the Higgs Boson was found (5 Sigma)

Normally when we come to 6 Sigma proof we stop questioning and accept the outcome of the experiments. But 90% of science today is "Tobacco Science" where people fiddle with the result when they do not like the outcome.

Max Planck quote:

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

That's really not the joke.

Sometimes people ask why you are looking or what you are looking at.

You've lost me there..

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAbove

Let's discuss this. I believe it is a one way channel.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Then why do you get the feeling someone is watching you?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I don't know. I doubt it's the same for everybody.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So what do you mean with one way channel?

You mean that God gives you the heads up?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

No, people just don't look at me.

No, serious now, I figure when you notice someone is looking at you that there's something to be done. What would happen walking up to them? I think in most of the cases to expect a fight or flight reaction, a certain danger maybe, at least something fishy.

Anyhow, who can you really trust nowadays?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Newt22

According to your source its because you simply see the angle of the head and eyes in your peripheral vision, subconsciously. Its not the same as that feeling of being watched when you cant see another person. That would be ESP.

Strangely enough this is pretty much real. Einstein's Spooky Logic comes to mind.

Or, as Quantum Physics note it ... The Act of the Observer.

Completely different. Unless by 'observing' someone, you mean waving your arms around at them till you hit them on their head, causing them to change their state from reading a book, to punching your nose.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: leolady
Is this ESP or something else ?

It's your SOUL.

Your soul is picking up the thought waves of the "starers" soul.
Like radar, they are giving off a personal vibe that you can pick up on.
We are spiritual beings and our spirits can connect.

I used to live with an evil minded ghost who hung out in my closet.
I could not see him but I sure could tell when he was watching me.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Completely different. Unless by 'observing' someone, you mean waving your arms around at them till you hit them on their head, causing them to change their state from reading a book, to punching your nose.

As fun as that sounds... what I am trying to get at is maybe the observer element filters up that fast. Is it an ESP or a science that is not understood?

There is a quip about witchcraft of yore being science unaware. Ironically enough, Sir Newton, known for his ground breaking physics didn't stop, or start if you will, there (Or did it-ha). He also had 100's of papers in his hand on Alchemy, found in the walls of his home.

Where does metaphysics and physics end and start.

Another observation was made not to long ago. After printing out the miles of code that were stuck in COBOL Mainframe programs, affected by Y2K... Wasn't the bone head move of two digits verses four in the year field , but, that programs have a startling similar look to DNA.

Like Saigon said - We are the stuff of stars.

Maybe that feeling of eyes on you... is quantum peculating up to your head, of subconscious self? Or the universe coming down....

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Holy poop sandwich...me and my kids were just talking about this..I made some connections to project sun streak or rather remote viewing...there are some amazing declassified CIA documents that can be found on the way back machine..I will quote a text from one of the documents from SRI (Stanford Research Institute)
B. EEG Experiments
One premise underlying our investigation is that paranormal functioning is distributed throughout the population in much the same manner as every other ability, and indeed in much the same way as intelligence is distributed. We further conjecture that it is partially the "world view" of the times in which we live that prevents paranormal ability from surfacing to a great extent"
Approved for release:CIA-RDP96-00787R000700100001-5

Also interesting to note that this started around 1970 and continued into 1990...so if it was indeed crap why continue this use of remote viewing..and why did the CIA use multiple program names for what amounted to be the use of remote viewing?

Your post was strangely timely!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I can always make someone turn around and look at me if I concentrate.
Often I can make someone touch their nose or their hair too.

Interesting... I caught myself fighting the urge to touch my nose and hair the other day. Then I turned around and saw some Cookie the Clown looking freak staring at me.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: leolady
Is this ESP or something else ?

Sheldrake says it's likely not directly associated with ESP, because the people in the studies don't improve with feedback. The accuracy level stays about the same whether you're getting feedback or not. ESP tends to improve (very slightly) with practice. So it's more a sense like hearing, where no matter how hard you practice listening to stuff, your ability to hear isn't going to get better.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Interesting idea on observing via video monitoring from afar. How would one corraberate that though if they never knew it was occuring. They'd not be able to sit and think about the physical feelings / senses and or mental mind thought process going on to make a good determination of being aware they were being looked at, watched or observed.

leolady

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Imagine walking down the street realizing you're being recorded and that you would be seen on the recording two weeks later by a man who became a dad just the day before that and so you write him a message saying congratulations with having becoming a dad down on a large piece of carton.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I like this, thanks for sharing ...

leolady

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join