It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Strike on Iran will be very hard.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Most people have a very Movie like theory about a strike on Iran this is what will most likly happen when Iran responds back

I watch a lot of trash TV, too much for my own good. I watched the entire "Fear Factor: Couples," I'm ashamed to admit, simply because I enjoyed watching weird or embarrassing stunts performed by simple folks in pursuit of big bucks. Somewhere in all that weirdness, I'm convinced, is a moral lesson or a telling reflection of 21st Century American values. Plus I wonder where they get all those bugs.

More @ www.strike-the-root.com...

[edit on 6-3-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Apparently you nor the Iranian's payed much mind to the air strategy that played out against Iraq during the First Gulf War?

There will be no US ships in the Persian Gulf. No SilkWorm fodder for you.

Airstrikes will be with F-117's and cruise missiles. This could last for weeks.

Air dominance would be gained and sustained.

Air defense systems would be hunted like Iraqi Scuds and destroyed one by one.

If you are referring to a strike to take out Iran's nuclear capabilities, nothing is full-proof being that Iran is digging those mile and a half deep tunnels, but those nuclear facilities on the surface, would be toast. Any Iranian air attempts to deny access to the target(s) would be destroyed. iran would have to rely on air defences and as such, Wild Weasels, etc. would dispatch them, along with Spec Ops infilitration.

Hollywood style? No.
US military style? 10-4

seekerof

[edit on 5-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
One ofthe FIRST things Iran will do is hit US Troop/Arforce Bases in Iraq this will give the Republican Guarde some serious advantage shots to take, it will beSUPER messy for U.S.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
One ofthe FIRST things Iran will do is hit US Troop/Arforce Bases in Iraq this will give the Republican Guarde some serious advantage shots to take, it will beSUPER messy for U.S.

No SiberianTiger, it won't be SUPER messy for the U.S. We will dominate in a war with Iran. Enough said. We will cripple Iran's ever defense before we start our huge aerial campaign. I don't' know why you insist on making all of these IRAN WILL PREVAIL OVER THE USA threads. It's like saying a little league team would beat the Yankees in a baseball game. It's not gonna happen. You can dream up whatever the hell you want, but the fact of the matter is that the United States of America will obliterate the Iranian armed forces. Think about it---reality's a beeotch isn't it?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what happens with the U.S. and Iran ... you guys are missing the whole point ... In the bible it says that in the last days Babylon will be taken ... then thier will be a one world Government .... Then when that happens all of you better get right with God if you are not ... because you will be ni the last days. But besides that ... if one nuclear weapon hit anywhere in the U.S. it would be so devastating ... You thought the little BS like Pearl Harbor and the Twin Towers where something ... Think about the next super bowl getting hit with one nuclear weapon ... Or ... Just use your Imagination ... =-) ///. Deus .. But none of tha tmatters refer to the signature ..

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
You thought the little BS like Pearl Harbor and the Twin Towers where something ...

Hey, how about you try telling someone who had a family member die in one of those incidents that it was just "little BS"? What an insensitive remark.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
You know it still surpirses me the nuber of people who continue to believe we will take Iran next. It just is not going to happen. Yes of course the U.S. military can mop the floor with Irans armed forces, of course with high casualties, but it just isnt goign to happen. Iran is completely surrounded by mountains the only campaign will be an aerial one. But Iran does have decent air defenses I believe it just does not match is in numbers and tech. Still it would be anice premise for a novel or movie or sumthing. But I bet my life on it we will not see a war with Iran in this Bush administration or the next.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The Mullahs need confrontation with the US/Israel to legitimize thier thugocracy. I'm sure they're praying fervently for an American attack to help turn around the Iranian population that hates them and thier evil regime.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Do you guys realize what an attack on Iran will do to the oil prices? Iran is right now threatening to lower their oil production which itself will have a major effect on the oil prices. Just think about how much an attack on Iran will impact the prices...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Oh hey, look at this:
Xinhuanet: Pakistan, Iranian navies to hold joint exercises

"apart from a good opportunity for personnel of two navies to benefit from each others experiences, also provides an arena to improve upon naval procedures and doctrines"

That´s interesting. As we all know, Pakistan has nuclear weapons...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hello Hellmutt, did you send me a email.

If you did thanks, like it, maybe I can send you one with more info.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Do you guys realize what an attack on Iran will do to the oil prices? Iran is right now threatening to lower their oil production which itself will have a major effect on the oil prices. Just think about how much an attack on Iran will impact the prices...

Interesting that you sound like Iran.

Iran warns US, European pressure on nuclear could prompt oil crisis

seekerof

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Pakisatan is a US puppy. As long as Mussharif is Pres. Don't imagine he will join the mullahs if it comes to a showdown.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Once again sorry Hellmutt.

I was only making sure.

Siber, sorry for changeing the topic, but I had to see what Hellmutt had to say.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Right now the US's real strategy is a psychological/ideological one. Bush and co. are hoping that you will see something like the 'orange revolution' on the streets of Tehran. The odds of this, now that the entire middle east is turning over in the post-iraqi election world, are actually pretty decent. The US just has to put Iran in a positioning that will make it look vulnerable to internal protests.

Now, if that doesn't work, my guess is that we would strike ONLY the nuclear facilities (and related air defenses).

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
My bet is an "internal" act of sabatoge on the nuke facilities, not that anyone would doubt who is behind it.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Interesting that you sound like Iran.

Iran warns US, European pressure on nuclear could prompt oil crisis

Not supporting an attack on Iran doesn´t automatically make me a supporter of Iran. Actually, high oil prices would benefit my homeland (Norway). And yes, that was the news I was refering to. Interesting counter-ad on that page, btw. Could they be refering to the oil prices?

Originally posted by Realist05
Pakisatan is a US puppy. As long as Mussharif is Pres. Don't imagine he will join the mullahs if it comes to a showdown.

His name is Musharraf, Pervert Musharraf. And he won´t live forever. Nobody lives forever...

Originally posted by yekway
Once again sorry Hellmutt.

Hey, no problemo mate. U2U me anytime you like. I don´t bite. Can´t you tell by my avatar?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Heres the problem the US military is great at winning wars that finish in half baked settlements for an example of this see gulf war 1. Given that an occupation of Iran is out of the question the next best option appears to be nukes. Even without nukes Iran is a threat to the new Iraqi government.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Have a look at how much trouble the U.S and others are having in Iraq at the moment in regards to insurgent attacks... If the U.S were to launch an attack on Iran they would definately wipe out the airfeilds and factories and powerstations etc... BUT - Once they came to the enevitable ground war, they would not be able to quell resistance at all.

Iran is already preparing itself for the eventuality of war, they have been putting up anti-US propoganda throughout their city... something which the average-joe of Iran supports to the upmost...

But I would say that the US would definately use Iraq and Afghanistan as a base of operations making it a lot easier...

Do I think there will be a war any time soon?... I say probably... As soon as the US gets some money coming in from Iraqs oil.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofWild Weasels,

if im not mistaken, those were retired after the gulf war, just the same tho, youre right on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join