It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite photos show burning Iran space center launch pad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

“Whatever happened there, it blew up and you’re looking at the smoldering remains of what used to be there,” said David Schmerler, a senior research associate at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies.

Schmerler told The Associated Press that the images of the space center suggested that the rocket could have exploded during ignition or possibly briefly lifted off before crashing back down on the pad. Water runoff from the pad, likely from trying to extinguish the blaze, could be seen along with a host of vehicles parked nearby.

Satellite photos show burning Iran space center launch pad

This seems to be the third failed attempt by Iran to launch a satellite this year. Iran say's their satellite Nahid-1 is safe. The explosion could of happened when they were fueling the rocket. It could also be sabotage caused by outside forces. Whatever the cause Iran has lost another rocket.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Somebody blaming it on Israel or the CIA instead of Iranian technology in 3...........2...........

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Somebody blaming it on Israel or the CIA instead of Iranian technology

I already hinted at that because it could be true.

There is not much difference between launching a satellite and an ICBM.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

It's actually harder to put something in orbit. Iran should definitely not have the capability to put a nuke down anywhere in the world

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Iran should definitely not have the capability to put a nuke down anywhere in the world

No one should have the capability.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Good point. I am not sure if it is harder to put something into orbit or target something on the ground.

edit on 30-8-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Exactly.

We should look at our own stockpiles before telling someone they can't have something.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I think I should have that capability

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

Iran should definitely not have the capability to put a nuke down anywhere in the world

I wouldn't have been born if we didn't develop and use nukes against Japan. My dad joined the Army after Pearl harbor. He was on a ship half way to Japan for a planned land invasion, where he likely would have been killed. After we nuked them, his ship turned and went around the pole, taking its time to arrive in Japan. His barracks were right near where the Failed Fukushima reactor is now. His barracks were destroyed by the same wave that took out the reactor that day. They are completely gone. Anyway, Im glad we dropped those bombs

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Oh gosh I love reading your threads but this is a scary one 😨😨😱

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Spewing rhetoric, as they do .... I agree ..... I'd go as far to say their intentions never were just to use the tech to provide a better way of life for their people.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

a lot more people used to die in wars before we got that capability than after.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It happens

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

How many world wars would have been fought since WWII if there were no nukes? Maybe humankind would of been better off, hard to say. Humankind is without doubt better off, with Iran not having nukes IMO.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

How many world wars would have been fought since WWII if there were no nukes?

I guess we're due for one and one is all it will take.

The age of Mutually Assured Destruction continues regardless of how smart we think we are , sadly Nuclear weapons are here to stay until an even scarier weapon is devised by one side or the other and copied by one side or the other.

We seemed destined to extinct ourselves... perhaps by design.
edit on 30-8-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Just watched channel 4 news, it's like the world is about to burn 😢

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

I wouldn't have been born if we didn't develop and use nukes against Japan. My dad joined the Army after Pearl harbor. He was on a ship half way to Japan for a planned land invasion, where he likely would have been killed. After we nuked them, his ship turned and went around the pole, taking its time to arrive in Japan. His barracks were right near where the Failed Fukushima reactor is now. His barracks were destroyed by the same wave that took out the reactor that day. They are completely gone. Anyway, Im glad we dropped those bombs

I guess nukes are good then... Mentalist... I've never heard anyone until today being glad nuclear weapons were used ... Ffs..

Jesus tap dancing H christ 😱

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Somebody blaming it on Israel or the CIA instead of Iranian technology in 3...........2...........

I support Israel and even I believe they definitely had 'something' to do with it. That would be a no brainer. It would be like walking into a room of liberals and expecting an outburst involving the words "Racist, Bigot, Trump, and Privilege". lol

There, I put it all in one post to get it over with. Oh yeah... Hillary!

edit on 30-8-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

I guess nukes are good then... Mentalist... I've never heard anyone until today being glad nuclear weapons were used ... Ffs..

Perhaps a visit to some interviews of the vet soldiers once massing preparing for the invasions in both operationtions Olymipic and Cornet.

My grandfather and his four brothers (different branches, losing one brother at Iwo) all had been island hopping for years. Each told me and my brother their opinions on using the a-bomb. Each basically agreed unanimously if not for the bombs, they probably wouldn't have made it home.

The war was fought under one goal, crush the enemy and obviously civilian populations were decimated throughout the war and not off the list.

It was a new weapon, used to shift the course of the war...nothing more. Forcing Japan to surrender, saved millions on both sides. Read about it..then make you informed comment next time.

mg

edit on 30-8-2019 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Jesus tap dancing H christ 😱

Here! I fixed it for you!

Ich denke, Nukes sind dann gut... Mentalist... Ich habe bis heute noch nie jemanden gehört, der froh war, dass Atomwaffen eingesetzt wurden ... Ffs..

Jesus Tippen tanzen H Christ 😱

As I said before, your avatar fits you well

edit on 30-8-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join