It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lies.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
www.northernstar.com.au...

"I never had a glass of alcohol. I never had alcohol, for whatever reason," he added. "Can you imagine if I had? What a mess I would be. I would be the world's worst. I never drank, OK?" Mr Trump's delivery was lighthearted and drew laughter from the audience. But there's actually a tragic backstory behind why the President doesn't drink.

OK, this has been said before.

But then:

President Trump on Saturday sought to smooth over his prickly relationship with French President Emmanuel Macron as he arrived in France for the G-7 summit – telling reporters he loves French wine, hours after threatening to slap tariffs on the export. “I love French wine,” the president told reporters sitting opposite Macron for a lunch after his arrival in Biarritz.

www.foxnews.com...

So somewhere there is a contradiction. Either he isn't aware that wine is alcohol, he does understand it, but never really had any, or he lied.

This isn't what I would consider an Impeachable offence, but it shows what we all know. And when I say "we all", I think I mean everyone of us. He tells stories. I still approve of his actions so far, and hope he can work some magic with the Trade issues and China. But I do understand that he is full of sh!t.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Or he's lying about liking French wine and is just saying that to drive his point home.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

But I do understand that he is full of sh!t.

Yep.

"I served him. And he drank at the bar," one bartender recalled. www.vice.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Why is this even a thread?

"I hate onions, never eat them, never will. However, I love Onions."

While I detest their taste and never eat them, I appreciate their culinary value and the aroma of caramalized onions being seared. Prepared, I enjoy a taste, raw, I avoid in complete disgust.

It's okay for people to appreciate something without the need to always indulge in it.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

To be fair, I don't drink alcohol but for extremely rare occasions (like once every few years). I don't consider myself to be a drinker and I usually tell people I don't drink.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

We have real problems like over 20% of the homeless in one state, CA. Healthcare is still royally jacked. It's the #1 issue facing average Americans yet it still sucks after over 30 years of saying they would improve it. Illegal aliens who don't want to follow the rule of law, politicians who don't want to follow the rule of law, yet citizens wanting it dealt with and rules followed.

Now the news is Trump may or may not have drank wine. It's petty and stupid and shows the severe hatred for this guy. France does have great wine. Somebody does not have to drink wine to know that fact. I know Ferrari makes great sports cars but I have never driven one. But ok. Let's dig into this with shark teeth and hold him accountable and impeach him for lying about drinking wine. It's effin stupid.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

This reminds me of the second scoop of ice cream reporting. lol.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I still approve of his actions so far, and hope he can work some magic with the Trade issues and China. But I do understand that he is full of sh!t.

Of course you approve of his actions so far Dude. Of course his supporters approve of his actions so far. Could it be that what he is saying is tailor-made to attract the very people who support him? Of course it could be, just like other politicians tailor their rhetoric to attract voters.

We are being used to give power to the power hungry. Trump is no different in this. He surrounded himself before the elections with some astute social observers who told him who to appeal to and what they wanted to see do and what they wanted to hear. And he struck gold.

I"m glad that ATS now will allow us to type the word #. simply because that word needs to be used over and over again when we refer to Trump. He is full of #,

OH, silly me. I see now you sneaky devil. Shlt. I get it. Trump is full of shlt.
edit on 31America/ChicagoSat, 24 Aug 2019 12:28:50 -0500Sat, 24 Aug 2019 12:28:50 -050019082019-08-24T12:28:50-05:001200000028 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Trump had back and forth with French wine boss.....and was witty.....that's it then that's the last straw....

Gonna go climb a mountain jump off.....ain't nobody gonna know about me.....

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Let's not forget this is the same guy who said he doesn't drink because his brother was an alcoholic but had no problem selling Trump vodka.

How does anyone actually believe anything he says?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I think I'll stick around in this thread to laugh at the excuses.

It's like a dance: "side step - side step - step backwards - circle around"

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's one thing to say "I don't drink". It's quite another to say "I've never had a glass of alcohol"

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I guess it depends on what The meaning of is, is.. I mean love is.....lol

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Oh good lord. I can't believe you're so triggered by the man that you actually made a thread with the topic being "Trump lightheartedly told an audience he doesn't drink, and years later he told the French President that he loves French wine!"

Seriously?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Catholic priests don't drink but when they do it, is early Sunday at church.

So they drink at work.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Red red wine!!! Trump supporters and their horse blinders at it again. I'm sure the French and the rest of the world see right through his BS. F the world then right? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your orange faces. Sad.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Oh good lord. I can't believe you're so triggered by the man that you actually made a thread with the topic being "Trump lightheartedly told an audience he doesn't drink, and years later he told the French President that he loves French wine!"

Seriously?

LOL, not triggered. Not at all.

I do get tired of being told how I think and what I believe by others, so I thought I would point out an inconsistency I noticed.

Are Trump supporters so fragile that we can't handle hearing the truth? If the responses of this thread are any indication, I think it's time some of us check ourselves before we wreck ourselves.

Trump lies, it's not a secret. This particular lie isn't a big deal. But it was noticed. Should I have pretended I didn't see it, or pretend it never happened?

We all ragged Billy Clinton when he claimed he never inhaled. Lighten up Frances.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I bet you were all giddy, thinking you got away with some #, then when you hit reply, your dreams were dashed.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I think I'll stick around in this thread to laugh at the excuses.

It's like a dance: "side step - side step - step backwards - circle around"

Says the person who keeps dance shoes in her back pocket.

Trump said he loved French whine. But also said he doesn't drink. I don't drink either but I also love Marguerite's.

Weird huh?
Trump donates third quarter salary to alcoholism research fund.
Care to talk about that?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
To me I got the impression his was joking with reporters, he screws around a lot, big deal, don't take everything so seriously lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join