It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern promises to look into more opportunities for Muslim women

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Jacinda Ardern at the 29th Annual National Conference of Islamic Women's Council of New Zealand in Mangere.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has promised to sit down in a workshop with Muslim women aspiring for a career in politics.

She made the personal commitment at the Islamic Women's Council of New Zealand annual conference in Māngere in south Auckland on Saturday.

Ardern was asked a question from the floor on what opportunities there were for Muslim women who wanted to be leaders in their community and local government.

Ardern turned the question around and asked how many women in the room had the same aspirations.

Almost half the women in the hall shot their hand up.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern promises to look into more opportunities for Muslim women

Instead of being anywhere to be seen, dealing with local issues such as protests over Maori land, Jacinda dons her Hijab and finds time for reshaping New Zealand (not in our image), giving encouragement to immigrant Muslim women to rise in New Zealand politics.

I for one am not too keen on a future where we get our own version of Ilhan Omar and or the Squad, telling me I'm a racist, homophobic, Islamophobic etc etc.

I remember from many years ago (prior 2000), that New Zealand was the ideal microcosm to test our globalist plans & aspirations and if deemed successful, would be released on other countries...gun confiscation a great example as Dem's push for similar controls as recently introduced in NZ after the Mosque shootings.

We are seeing too much of the tail is wagging the dog im IMHO!

Any thoughts or comments?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
So, in fifteen years, the Muslims in politics will have converted over fifty percent of the people to Muslim in Australia, then in two more years all people in Australia will be forced to accept the religion. Boy, the ruling people in Australia have no clue what Islam is all about. Their job is to spread Islam throughout the world and squash anyone who interferes.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceJockey1

Jacinda Ardern at the 29th Annual National Conference of Islamic Women's Council of New Zealand in Mangere.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has promised to sit down in a workshop with Muslim women aspiring for a career in politics.

She made the personal commitment at the Islamic Women's Council of New Zealand annual conference in Māngere in south Auckland on Saturday.

Ardern was asked a question from the floor on what opportunities there were for Muslim women who wanted to be leaders in their community and local government.

Ardern turned the question around and asked how many women in the room had the same aspirations.

Almost half the women in the hall shot their hand up.

Instead of being anywhere to be seen, dealing with local issues such as protests over Maori land, Jacinda dons her Hijab and finds time for reshaping New Zealand (not in our image), giving encouragement to immigrant Muslim women to rise in New Zealand politics.

I for one am not too keen on a future where we get our own version of Ilhan Omar and or the Squad, telling me I'm a racist, homophobic, Islamophobic etc etc.

I remember from many years ago (prior 2000), that New Zealand was the ideal microcosm to test our globalist plans & aspirations and if deemed successful, would be released on other countries...gun confiscation a great example as Dem's push for similar controls as recently introduced in NZ after the Mosque shootings.

We are seeing too much of the tail is wagging the dog im IMHO!

Any thoughts or comments?

Does this scare you?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well I hear you but New Zealand isn't Australia...we are separated by the Tasman Sea

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Not 'scared' yet, but I can't see anything GOOD coming from this.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceJockey1

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I praised Ardern leadership in the wake of the domestic terrorism attack in Christchurch to family and friends. However, she has quickly returned to form and following Key as a weak leader. Her outright failure to allow law and order to resolve the illegal protest occupation of land by breakaway Iwi is a dangerous precedent. Private property rights in New Zealand, already infringed by Resource Consent laws, hanging by a tiny thread.

Heck, if my fellow Kiwis support the Treaty of Waitangi payouts and return of crown land, Ardern has put the entire process at risk by allowing post-settlement challenges to private property and existing agreements.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Thanks for your input xpert1.

Well it's certainly an issue of concern for sure, and as mentioned not being dealt with effectively, which will lead to more problems as these radical protest groups become more emboldened, and radicalized.

The trouble with political leaders on both sides in NZ, is they are basically appeasers and don't want to enact laws already on the books to deal with issues.

As for Muslims, come to New Zealand, keep your faith, but drop the hijab and become a KIWI. Doesn't impact diversity but lessens potential divisions.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I see that women can have a positive and nurturing aspect, more so than most men, and if applied to politics, rather than being there and about 'strength' they may actually serve the community better than men.

At present, we really have not got gender parity in terms of numerical representation in our political institutions, so we can't really point to a political system of balanced gender representation. At this point in history, we've had really shoddy political history. Lets see what the future holds.

They are all just other people anyway, no matter their gender.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Where is the sit down with the league of red heads, so that they too can have opportunities to enter politics.

I mean, there has to be some merit to specifically catering to certain groups? What about left handed people. Where is their top level support?

It should be the ability to serve the nation that counts, not what religion or ethnicity you follow.

I don't see anything good coming from this, either.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I see that women can have a positive and nurturing aspect, more so than most men, and if applied to politics, rather than being there and about 'strength' they may actually serve the community better than men.

At present, we really have not got gender parity in terms of numerical representation in our political institutions, so we can't really point to a political system of balanced gender representation. At this point in history, we've had really shoddy political history. Lets see what the future holds.

They are all just other people anyway, no matter their gender.

Maybe things would be better for the USA if Hilary had become President.

There are plenty of women and diverse groups in politics and you can't say that their voices aren't heard.

I'm more of a fan of the right person for the job, and I don't believe that it should have anything to do with gender inequality bias.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Opposing Islam is a noble cause
Being anti-islamic is a good character trait

Wherever you find islam, you find extreme oppression.
‘Extreme’ oppression.
Don’t dare be pathetic enough to claim that western civilisation “is oppressive too” when comparing it to islam and islamic civilisations.

“Does this scare you” is a moronic question.

These people are islamic first, women second.

This is NOT giving opportunities to ‘women’. This is intentionally giving Islam a foothold in the political halls of a western nation.

If anyone thinks that might be a good direction to go in, then they are most definitely thick and their disgusting opinions are moot.

Islam = hate and intolerance
Opposing Islam is NOT hateful nor intolerant

Is it hateful and intolerant to oppose nazism?
Is it hateful and intolerant to oppose the kkk?

Islam is far far worse than any of those two hateful ideologies.

Those who disagree have most definitely NEVER experienced Islam.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Cool, maybe wake that bunch up would be a plus....

Quran the comic book.....Alita hate in the reading.....

One spot says the rocks and trees will shout out in the time when the Muslims are out chasing down the jews......those rocks will shout out look look ...there's a Jew hiding behind me....come and kill him....

I can go on......you don't want me to go on.......

I suppose the women feel trapped.....by the peer pressure or their not reading the booklet.....sad booklet....tiny thing....wishy washy to the max....
edit on 24-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I don't see what the problem is.

New Zealand's Jacinda Ardern is just trying to address a situation where Muslim women are held back in their communities by ignorance and control, primarily by men and their view of "tradition". You just need to look at the UK to see that women's rights are not allowed into some Muslim communities, some of which are separate communities within the UK and which have nurtured obscenities like child sex grooming, FGM and radicalisation. A significant report on integration in the UK cited the inability of women to integrate, not because there was a lack of effort, but because their communities stopped them from doing so - read men stopped them.

So all credit to Jacinda Ardern in trying to stop New Zealand becoming a place where one part of the male community opts out of women's rights.
edit on 24/8/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

That’s a more positive way to see it. It’s hard not agree that empowering the women who are trapped in that hateful way of life is a good thing.

The main focus, however, should be on empowering them to abandon the ideology of hate and intolerance, and drag as many men with them as possible too.

Ridicule, mockery and total unacceptance is all islam deserves. Defending it is akin to defending nazism.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
20 years ago New Zealand got their first elected female Prime Minister.
A positive step in the journey of womens rights and female empowerment.

Now the prime minister wears a fricken hijab. The international symbol of women’s oppression.

Truly Shameful

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Now the prime minister wears a fricken hijab. The international symbol of women’s oppression.

Truly Shameful

Hit the nail on the head!

This is the problem...whom is actually being required to integrate? We are the ones that have to adjust to mass migration, not the other way around.

I'm over 60 years old and have lived in both Australia and New Zealand all my life, and prior to the last 10 years, I would have classed immigration as a wonderful thing, but not now with refugees that have no intention to integrate.

You only have to look at the UK and most of Europe to see where things are heading if we allow it to continue, without calling it out.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yes, Muslim men stopped them, and that's a major problem.

Jacinda's problem is that she choose to wear the oppressive hijab...how's donning that helping these women?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Truly Shameful

Is a turban a symbol of men's oppression, then?

A hijab is just a bit of clothing. Do you think that Jacinda Ardern is oppressed by the hijab she is wearing, in the photo you posted?

What of the clothing and makeup that every store across America sells, that sexualizes little girls? Isn't that part of an oppressive culture?

In reality, Muslim women also need to have the sexual revolution that occurred in Western countries during the 60's. There are signs that it is happening. It is just happening at a different time to many Western countries. It is opposed in some Muslim countries, now, just as it was opposed in Western countries, then.

Yes, and there are some hold out societies that want to retain women as subservient, just look at the Amish.

What is shameful are bigoted views against someone genuinely being inclusive. Let me be clear - it is unfairly bigoted to classify other cultures based upon how they dress.

It is open and inclusive to live and act in solidarity with others, to help them obtain an equal status. That is what this women's conference is actually about.

I applaud the way Ardern is acting and the way that the New Zealand government and people have taken actual steps to redress the issues raised by recent senseless violence in Christchurch.

You should also look into the ideas she is implementing through her government's wellness budget.

Then look to the inaction and self contentedness of other governments that have great and repeating tragedies yet all they do each time is offer condolences.

edit on 24/8/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You cant make up this stuff, An American comes in and slates a religion which is not Christianity, and states how the country will be taken over, shame its a completly different country, but hey its ATS home of deny ignorance, thats why that post gets the most stars, LMAO

I love the smell of ATS in the morning

Keep ALL religion out of politics would be my start
edit on 24-8-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceJockey1

So, so many questions to be asked, but is there ever an answer?

She seems passionate about Moslem women in society....then why isn't she in Arabia or Afghanistan, toting the same angle?

She seems very passionate about doing the right thing.....then why does she live in NZ? A land conquered by invaders, of which she is descended....she, along with the peoples before, are Not native to NZ. Go home to your own country lady!!

Moslem women left their Moslem homelands to escape unequal treatment by Moslem men, but then act all Moslem when they get to said new country........Why? Why not live as the locals, even knowing they themselves are invaders....

Up until 30 odd years ago, women of all Moslem countries were relatively free, dressed in modern clothes, went to school and universities, and were considered equal.......then the Radicals took over (thanks to the USA in most respects) the Moslem women lost their place again........Why?....why don't they fight for their "rights" in their Own countries.

Native tribes of invaded countries want to get rid of the invaders, heaven help what they think of this New lot of self indulgent "immigrants".....I should think it would be....Send them all home.

I agree spacey, you old bugga, as I age my views have altered too. Once upon a time, a "New Australian" was from Greece or Italy or East Europe.......Now ????? Its the dregs from crapsville. Except the East Asian, they seem alright.

edit on 24-8-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join