It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Japanese Sanma fish have disappeared in Hokaido

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The water temps in Hokaido Japan are too warm so the Sanma fish have disappeared. Todays catch brought in sardines. These boats here cost like 500 thousand bucks and the poor fisherman are going broke now. Very sad news today.
Yes, the climate is changing fast, I know, I've been here for over 2 decades and have seen spring almost disappear into a short summer and fall, well, fall fell off the map. Winter is like 6 months and very mild. The ocean temps are getting warmer.
Weather is determine by the oceans, not the profit making idiot spreading news that the climate is changing, the WATER TEMP'S are changing.
When the ocean habitat dies off, mankind will perish big time.

www.justonecookbook.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I’m sure higher taxes will save the fish, right?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I’m sure higher taxes will save the fish, right?

So you know about the sales tax increase this October to 10%. All around sad situation here.

By the way TEPCO silently closed 10 reactors, big news, but now partying from the people here. Guess why, the water temps were killing off the lively hood of the fisherman.

Finally a politician had the guts to say it as it is. Close the damn reactors.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
aha ...so thats the reason they started whailing again… sigh

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It could be they overfished the fish. It could be that all the toxins by the tsunami finally killed off these fish, they do not always die immediately. There may be some changes in what factories dump into the ocean through rivers in the area there, one single chemistry or combinations of a few different chemistries can be causing this. I think it may be more overfishing or pollution that is causing this. But even if it is warming waters, taxes are not going to fix that. We need to quit polluting and we need to stop buying things we do not need, and of course they need to start making things to last many years again instead of death dating things and changing styles. There is no reason a fridge shouldn't last for twenty years.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It could be they overfished the fish. It could be that all the toxins by the tsunami finally killed off these fish, they do not always die immediately. There may be some changes in what factories dump into the ocean through rivers in the area there, one single chemistry or combinations of a few different chemistries can be causing this. I think it may be more overfishing or pollution that is causing this. But even if it is warming waters, taxes are not going to fix that. We need to quit polluting and we need to stop buying things we do not need, and of course they need to start making things to last many years again instead of death dating things and changing styles. There is no reason a fridge shouldn't last for twenty years.

The fisherman here know the limit to catch. They were all shocked yesterday that the sardines were in their nets this time of year.
Warmer waters, its even happening in Alaska and many people don't realize this, the nuclear power plant in Cordova , Ill along the Mississippi River has changed the whole eco system , I know, I grew up just south of it. Plant and fish has all changed, won't be long before we see alligators there in the future. The water mokaisan (snake) are so large these days.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I'm sure all that Fukushima radiation has absolutely nothing to do with it. probably all the cow farts lol whatever it is, it's 100% NOT the sun...

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

why would the sun cause the earth to warm?

c02 duh

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I thought climate change was a hoax?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It could be that they have just moved locations .

Japanese 'tsunami fish' found off the California coast
edit on 8/20/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The Japanese Sanma fish have disappeared in Hokaido

It was the Golden Kamuy.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I heard about that......

They can't make sanmiches anymore

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

why would the sun cause the earth to warm?

c02 duh

The sun is what keeps' us warm, we do have a small amount of geothermal energy but without the sun the earth would be so cold even it's atmosphere would be frozen solid on the ground.

Over time the sun fluctuates in it's output, between about 2.3 to about 700 million years ago the planet underwent a period of super ice ages that make our own current (we are still in a period of ice ages today called the Quaternary Glaciation) period appear balmy, during this epoch dubbed the snow ball earth period there were at least several super glaciation's and it is believed they wore down at least two miles of the entire earth's surface.
snowballearth.org...

Some of this guy's fact's are askew as multi celled organism's older than the cambrian explosion have now been found.

And again this happened AFTER that period ending about 630 million years ago - after the Cambrian explosion so multi cellular life managed to survive this quick refreeze.

The planet got so cold that the ocean froze even at the equator, the tropic's were below zero degree's.

There were entire inter-glacial period's during which entire ecosystem's may have evolved then been wiped out when the planet got very cold again and the glaciation which stripped so much of the earth's surface through glacial erosion and removed any evidence of such possible life explosion's.

The sun itself was much cooler several time's in the distant past, it was younger and had more hydrogen and was also slightly smaller as a consequence, as the sun ages it get's warmer and warmer and toward the end of it's life cycle the sun will expand as it will have turned all of it's hydrogen into helium and then into other heavier and heavier element's, by that time though the earth will probably be a smoldering dead planet long before the sun expand's that much unless some future intelligent life manages to somehow shield or reinforce the natural shield of the planet (which will probably be much weaker than today anyway as the planet will probably be much colder inside and it's core likely to have stopped spinning at a differential rate to it's crust - which helps to generate our natural magnetic shield.

So colder sun in the past meant colder planet, volcanic explosion's and other atmospheric pollutant's can reflect the sun's warmth back into space allowing the surface to become very cold - but they can also trap warmth inside the atmosphere causing the planet to become too hot as in the case of Venus.

edit on 20-8-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Lol wut. I'm sure Fukushima has absolutely nothing to do with it all. All those gallons of radiation dumped into the water is alllll gravy babay.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The ocean temps are getting warmer.
Weather is determine by the oceans, not the profit making idiot spreading news that the climate is changing, the WATER TEMP'S are changing.
You don't think oceans might be getting warmer for the same reason the atmosphere is? Less heat escaping to space from both the land and sea?

Yes, the oceans are getting warmer.

www.nodc.noaa.gov...

But there are other things that affect ocean currents.

edit on 8/20/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I was wondering the relative impact on water temperatures in the area local to nuclear power plants - I didn't think the impact could be all that large - it is NOT small! Maybe to the ocean as a whole, but near-shore is where a lot of critical fish life-cycle habitat happens in a lot of places.

Stanford Research Paper on Cooling Water Impact

While nuclear power's thermal pollution per usable energy produced is only slightly more than other thermal power generation technologies, nuclear power releases a higher percentage of its wastewater as liquid effluent streams instead of vapor. This is because coal and natural gas plants discharge much higher wastewater temperatures, 128.4°C and 91.1°C, respectively. [3] Therefore, nuclear power plants have a more direct, intense environmental impact on local water sources, while other plants have a less intense, but broader environmental impact.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I was wondering the relative impact on water temperatures in the area local to nuclear power plants - I didn't think the impact could be all that large - it is NOT small! Maybe to the ocean as a whole, but near-shore is where a lot of critical fish life-cycle habitat happens in a lot of places.

Stanford Research Paper on Cooling Water Impact

While nuclear power's thermal pollution per usable energy produced is only slightly more than other thermal power generation technologies, nuclear power releases a higher percentage of its wastewater as liquid effluent streams instead of vapor. This is because coal and natural gas plants discharge much higher wastewater temperatures, 128.4°C and 91.1°C, respectively. [3] Therefore, nuclear power plants have a more direct, intense environmental impact on local water sources, while other plants have a less intense, but broader environmental impact.

At Turkey Point in Homestead, the power plant, we had loads of lobsters due to the warm waters and this was in the 70's. I was with water survival training with the Air Force at the time. we had nets to catch the sharks in the canals.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
The water temps in Hokaido Japan are too warm so the Sanma fish have disappeared. Todays catch brought in sardines. These boats here cost like 500 thousand bucks and the poor fisherman are going broke now. Very sad news today.
Yes, the climate is changing fast, I know, I've been here for over 2 decades and have seen spring almost disappear into a short summer and fall, well, fall fell off the map. Winter is like 6 months and very mild. The ocean temps are getting warmer.
When the ocean habitat dies off, mankind will perish big time.

www.justonecookbook.com...

I have faith in mankind to start fish farming and/or create a new 'beyond fish' type of replacement from plants. As for the fishermen, it is known that every country is overfishing fish stocks and soon there will be no fish left, if nothing is done now.

The sustainability of fisheries is therefore essential to the livelihoods of billions of people in coastal communities around the world, especially in developing countries, where 97% of fishermen live. But if we stay on our current course, we will push one of the planet’s prime food sources to the limit and compromise our ambitions for a better world by 2030. The subsidies that do harm to fisheries, and which have underpinned the dramatic decrease of fish stocks in the last 40 years, must be withdrawn by 2020. Only then can we begin to achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.

While fisheries subsidies discipline is being considered, talks are ongoing around the modernization of the WTO, against the background of a so-called trade war. The 12th Ministerial Conference of the WTO has been postponed to June 2020. It will take place in Astana, Kazakhstan, effectively after the Sustainable Development Goal target date of eliminating harmful fisheries subsidies by 2020. In this context, in order to make sure that WTO negotiators maintain their course on fisheries subsidies, it could be a good idea to convene a special high-level session of the WTO in Geneva in late 2019. The deal on fisheries subsidies could be sealed there, without waiting for the 12th Ministerial Conference in 2020, at which Trade Ministers will be focusing their attention on WTO structural reform.

www.weforum.org...

www.fishresearch.org...

new topics

top topics

join