It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epstein: Distinguishing Facts from Anonymous Leaks and Rumors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Isn't that referred to as a "hook" in media terms?

They take it an run with it....based on another story......regardless of whether the original story is accurate.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The problem I end up having is what info can even be trusted. If these are intelligence related folks, how much of a stretch would it be to think a lot of the publicly available or even privacy protected info is even true? I mean like older things we sometimes look up about people like financial or employment stuff. How much is cover really...and how far back would they have been seeding cover info? The more I look at the current events unfolding the more sure I am that we will never really know whats going on.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
The current POTUS and a former POTUS were buds.

Yup. I think they still are.

The big dogs aint gonna give up their game...no way.

You're right. They won't go down without a fight and they'll take everyone they can with them.

All the more reason for Epstein to be reported as suiciding, while actually placed in Witness Protection and removed to an unknown location by unknown parties.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Isn't that referred to as a "hook" in media terms?

They take it an run with it....based on another story......regardless of whether the original story is accurate.

I think so and I almost used that exact term, but I wasn't positive so I didn't.

But I'm glad you mentioned it too. I'm not the only one!

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Well then there is the angle that could have him using all that blackmail info as a bargaining chip. Not so much leveraging it against any of the folks he has info on...but the threat to give it to our adversaries if he isn't released and delivered to safety.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
And most importantly...not to testify.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

That's why Trump has been trying to teach us to be discerning when it comes to our daily intake of news fodder. FAKE NEWS is real. He has known it and seen it long before he became president.

It's a hard habit to break. We have been conditioned to trust certain legacy news media, but they have no qualms about putting fake news and misinformation out there for us to gobble down. IMO, the NYT and WaPo have become more propaganda machines than real news dispensers.

Learn to evaluate the information. Did the news source include a video interview? Is there corroboration on a .gov site?

In other words, don't believe everything you read or hear anymore. Sheep no more.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

One thing is sure...if the media is reporting on what seems like inconvenient facts for those involved there is a reason for it...and its not to keep you informed. I have to assume its lies with a purpose...and all the better that is in line with what most people are already thinking/believing. Since when is the media into facts and truth?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Well if people like ice cream (facts), but not everyone likes all ice cream flavors (facts in alignment with your feels), would it not be most efficent to disinform by offering as many flavors as possible?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrNeo
Why would they keep him alive?
Especially if they have all his info.
Seems like a massive investment for exactly what?

Exactly. Do we need someone like him in the CIA?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Let's be honest... he blames Obama wherever and whenever and for whatever he can.

It's one of his little flags he waves for his base.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

My best guess is that Epstein was switched out -- probably put in Witness Protection -- and the Feds knew without a doubt

But NOTHING has been confirmed. NOTHING!!!

I have no doubt that there are shills on ATS whose sole purpose is to introduce and perpetuate disinfo... but I also have no

I agree with what you said up until this point where you make a totally unsubstantiated claim that Epstein was "switched out" without any proof whatsoever. Then you make a preemptive strike against anyone who disagrees with you suggesting that anyone who does disagree must "prove you wrong."

That's not how it works. The onus is upon you to prove this extraordinary claim, not for anyone else to disprove it. Until you can you are providing as much disinformation as anyone else. To suggest that everyone else except you is doing that is just kind of laughable if it weren't so ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Not particularly sure what you mean...I see the OP opine with what they believe...but come right out and say none of what we think of as fact is actually confirmed as fact...and that they are sure there are people out there and on this very forum who's purpose for being here is to spread these unconfirmed facts...which aren't fact at all but merely disinfo.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I wish anyone trying to sort fact from fiction in these cases the absolute best of luck!

With the advent of things like the internet, it was no longer possible to control information by leaving it absent, so to speak. So, now its all about obfuscating the entire topic through a constant stream of conflicting data, spurious sources, and distraction. This is leveraged by the innate tendencies technology like the internet encourage as well. It all works together splendidly.

If it was all mere happenstance, it would be tricky enough to parse. When its an intentional method of information control?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Let's be honest... he blames Obama wherever and whenever and for whatever he can.

It's one of his little flags he waves for his base.

Trump called out Clinton — not Obama, in this case.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Epstein died just as he lived. A conman taking advantage of a broken system.

Trump is fanning the flames of old, silly conspiracy theories because that is how he plans to sell the left on the authoritarian internet regulation he's championing. They've already got the right wrapped around their little finger with the paranoia over conservative censorship on social media platforms. Now they just need to drum up the fear that all conspiracy forums are havens for unhinged, alt-right domestic terrorists to reel in the democrats. What better way to do that than to make it seem as if Trump and these so-called conspiracy loons are in cahoots?

It amazes me that people still haven't clued in to Trump's oldest, go-to trick. He's perfectly willing to play the heel as long as he get what he wants in the end. His entire campaign in 2016 was based on this premise. You'd think people would have caught on to the act by now...

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

The problem I end up having is what info can even be trusted.

Your point is very well taken... hence the absolute need for complete and utter transparency.

Starting with open records and documentation, establishing a history which can be tracked and verified, and justifying anything and everything done by government officials and bureaucrats -- elected and un-elected -- as intended and mandated by our Constitutional government.

It is incumbent upon government to prove themselves as they conduct OUR business. It is not incumbent upon us to trust them or believe them. Exactly the opposite.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

As predicted, the MSM is slowly moving away from the story. Soon, we won’t even hear about Epstein in the MSM.

I don't agree. They are actually keeping pace with every revelation. They are reporting that no one is calling foul and that is probably the only place where they differ from what is written on these boards.
Today they were reporting that Maxwell was spotted in LA. They do profiles on her relationship to Epstein.
They have reported on the new lawsuit against epstein's estate due to a change in the statute of limitations in NY brought by one of his victims.
They have reported on the broken neck bones. And its been on the news every day since he died.

To be honest, no story, no matter how sensational, stays on page one forever.

Where is the final autopsy report then?

Additionally, reporting about the woman going after millions from his estate, means nothing to this case. The public is interested in the hows and the why’s, not people going after hundreds of millions. What’s being currently reported, is just a distraction.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point, but I think that would be why Epstein had to be taken into custody, cutting off his communication/contact with those others.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Check your PM

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join