It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone Needs to Condemn China over Hong Kong Right Now!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

But they do care about weak minded people. They need weak minded and patriotic people to justify the horrible things they do!

Hence the push in recent years to ignore science, experts and facts.
Appears to be working, alternate facts rule, experts can't be trusted and science is just for nerds if you listen to the (far) right leaning politicians and talking heads around the world.
And judging by this place many have followed like sheep. Orwell's 1984 seemingly being an instruction manual rather than a work of fiction for the likes of steve bannon.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I"ve been in HK for 3 weeks now. Ask me anything.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00PS
I"ve been in HK for 3 weeks now. Ask me anything.

Has the protesters block entire city or just certain areas?
Are all airports shutdown?
How bad is the HK dollar right now?
Are people actually trying to leave HK right now? Are people leaving stuck there?
Has the protesters gone near to Shenzen border yet?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: Jay-morris

If I was in China and posted the anti-govt rants I post here on ATS, they would have arrested me for treason.

Here in the USA we call that "free speech".

The reason our govt is better than China's is twofold, first of all our constitution is much stronger at protecting individual liberty (a concept foreign to all communists), and secondly we have a "controlled power struggle" that keeps our powerful elites struggling against each other preventing them from having too much time to oppress others.

Of course every govt in history suffered from corruption and abuses.

It's just that abuse is much more common and systematic in some govts.

Ah now we are seeing it! People like you have something in common. One, you actually think you are free, and second, you are always looking at other countries and saying "their government worse than ours" to somehow justify what you are saying!

Has China been responsible for the deaths of mlions of innocent men, women and children in the last two decades due to pointless and illegal invasions in Iraq and Libya? Has China been responsible for the millions of innocent people's deaths in Yemen?

No, they are not responsible! I did not say the above to somehow prove your givernment is worse than China's. I wrote that so you know that most , if not all governments do terrible things! Yes, even yours.

So instead of trying to figure out which government is worse, why don't you look at the big picture and realise that most governments are run by sociopaths who do not care about you, or your family!

But they do care about weak minded people. They need weak minded and patriotic people to justify the horrible things they do!

They are all bad!

The truth is,

How many did Communism kill you idiot?

lol you over here trying to smooth it over

WELL THEY AINT THAT BAAAD CUZ LIKE SOMEONE ELSE DID SOMEONE ONCE

thats your logic.
edit on 14-10-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

It's usually different parts of the city each night but it's getting more frequent that multiple districts have simultaneous protests.

The airport is operating normally but the MTR has been shutting down early each night (defacto curfew).

HKD/USD is where it was a year ago so quite stable considering.

People are not stuck here.

There isn't much near the Shenzhen border but protesting there would be like going to the countryside to protest, woudln't make sense.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 00PS

Hey thank you for sharing on the ground Intel for all of us here, I really appreciate that.

What are the protesters saying the last few weeks? Is it mostly just generic "free HK" slogans or are there still lists of specific political demands still being passed around?

And how common among the ppl still protesting is the desire for complete autonomy ?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

How many did Communism kill you idiot?

lol you over here trying to smooth it over

WELL THEY AINT THAT BAAAD CUZ LIKE SOMEONE ELSE DID SOMEONE ONCE

thats your logic.

Do you actually read comments? When did I say China has not done terrible stuff? If you actually read my comments, you would know that I said we should not condemn one over the other, as all governments have done, and do terrible things!

Please read comments before you make stupid remarks!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join