It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Probe Twist: A Billion Dollar CEO, A Convicted Russian Agent And The FBI

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Russia Probe Twist: A Billion Dollar CEO, A Convicted Russian Agent And The FBI

If what you already know about the FBI’s investigation into President Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia has you wondering what can come next, “make sure you are sitting down because it’s about to get worse,” said Patrick Byrne, the philanthropist and CEO of the mega online retail chain Overstock.com.

Byrne revealed never published details about his intimate relationship with the Russian gun right’s activist and libertarian, Maria Butina, who is now serving out her sentence after pleading guilty in 2018 to working as a foreign agent in the U.S. without registering...Byrne’s decision to come forward didn’t come lightly. However, he said it was necessary after watching what had transpired between the FBI, the intelligence community and the probe into President Trump’s campaign over the past several years.

“It was something I knew I had to do,” he told this reporter. “ Those running the operation were not honest and in the end I realized I was being used in some sort of soft coup.”Familiar with the possible backlash he will face, he made the decision to go public after speaking to his mentor and longtime friend billionaire Warren Buffet, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Buffet, whom Byrne describes as his ‘Rabbi,’ sent SaraACarter.com a statement Tuesday night confirming his meeting with Byrne at his home in Omaha, Nebraska several weeks ago.

The article continues:

There are only several other reporters with knowledge of what you are about to read and another who is aware of the situation with Byrne....

The meeting between Byrne and the journalists took place in New York City. It was a little more than three hours long, for the most part completely on the record and videotaped...

Byrne revealed details about his intimate relationship with the Russian gun right’s activist Butina. Byrne was a keynote speaker on July, 8, 2015 at Freedom Fest, a yearly Libertarian gathering that hosts top speakers in Las Vegas. Shortly after his address, Butina approached him. She told him she was the leader of a gun right’s organization in Russia. He congratulated her, spoke to her shortly, but then “brushed her off.”

The young redheaded Russian graduate student then approached him again over the course of the conference and explained that she worked for the Vice Chairman of the Central Bank of Russia and sent by them to make contact with Byrne...

Butina told him that the purpose of her visit was primarily to extend an invitation to Byrne to come to Russia to speak at the Central Bank. After that, there would be a trip to a major resort to meet withvarious intellectuals and dignitaries from the Russian power structure. Butina told Byrne the event would offer him the opportunity to meet senior Russian officials and oligarchs. She wanted to see Byrne again to start preparing him for such a trip....

As she left, Butina told Byrne “I wish to make arrangements with you for this to happen with you. We will continue to communicate in disguise of a romantic relationship.”

Ok. So what happened next? Keep reading.

Because of his security clearance, which he maintains for foreign policy work, he felt required to report Butina and her offer to the FBI....

When he contacted the FBI and then subsequently for the next few months “instead what I got was vague instructions that it would be ok to get to know her better.”

He said there was very little response from the FBI after his initial contact, until Butina asked him to come meet her in New York City. He told the FBI he didn’t want any vague instructions on whether to meet Butina or not because “I didn’t want my security clearance to get pulled.”

At that point the FBI gave him an explicit “green light” to meet with her....

Over time, Byrne and Butina developed an intimate relationship but at the same time he alleges he was continuously reporting on Butina to the FBI in an effort to convince them that it might be worthwhile to introduce her to some of his contacts at the Council on Foreign Relations...

So why is this significant?

Butina’s lawyer, Robert Driscoll, told this reporter that Byrne’s disclosure regarding his contact with bureau agents is significant, revealing and should be investigated by the DOJ.

“Patrick Byrne is publicly saying that he was dealing with the government in regards to Maria and I would suspect that the FBI has reports or information regarding these meetings,” said Driscoll, who noted that he repeatedly asked the FBI for all documentation collected on Butina, including interviews with witnesses, notes and any other form of documentation. The FBI, however, repeatedly told Driscoll that there was no exculpatory information to give.

And now the punchline:

Byrne’s name was not disclosed by prosecutors in the case or by the FBI. And despite the government’s earlier efforts to paint Butina as a Russian spy attempting to infiltrate Republican circles she was never investigated by Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe, which charged 25 Russian agents with interfering in the U.S. election. Further, the FBI, unlike convicted Russian bombshell spy Anna Chapman, did nothing to stop Butina from meeting with high level Republican and conservative figures. The bureau also didn’t warn those conservative figures she had made contact with, even though they had her under surveillance and allegedly Byrne had been reporting on her during that time.

As noted in a column by The Hill’s John Solomon Chapman’s actions were handled differently than Butina. When one of Chapman’s associates, who went by the name of Cynthia Murphy, made contact with Alan Patricof, a major Democratic donor close to Hillary Clinton, the FBI acted swiftly to arrest the entire cell.

Well there you have it. So a group of someones at the FBI wanted her to operate as freely as possible.

The article continues:

Although Byrne was concerned about Butina’s possible motives, he eventually became convinced that she was an intellectual being used by both the Russians and American intelligence apparatus. She was stuck between two highly contentious and secretive governments, he claimed. He relayed those concerns to the FBI, he said.

[But then...]

“Eventually, her conversations became less about philosophy and it became clear that she was doing things that made me quite uncomfortable,” stated Byrne. “She was basically schmoozing around with the political class and eventually she said to me at one point I want to meet anyone in the Hillary campaign, the Cruz, the Rubio campaigns.”

She repeated to him numerous times that she was not a spy, even when he directly asked her. Her mission was, she said, whoever wins the election in 2016, to have a contact into that administration, so that the liberals of Russia could be known to the new administration...

“At some point prior to the 2016 election, when Byrne’s contact with Maria diminished or ceased, the government asked and encouraged him to renew contact with her and he did so, continuing to inform the government of her activities.

So the FBI actively encouraged these contacts right before the election.

Here is an interview Byrne gave today:

So apparently he has much more to tell.

edit on 12-8-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
His final proclamation....

"Everything you think you know about the Russian collusion and Hillary Clinton investigation is a lie. "

According to him, the political espionage conducted by the Deep State involved not just Donald Trump but also Hillary Clinton!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Good thread

Byrne fired off a warning shot to the deep state.

Patrick Byrne: I ended up in the center of the Russian and the Clinton investigations. I have all the answers. I have been sitting on them waiting for America to get there. Last summer I figured out… what they all are is all about political espionage. It had nothing to do with law enforcement, it was all political espionage. Here’s the bottom line. There is a deep state like a submarine working just beneath the waves of the periscope depth watching our shipping lane. And a nuclear ice breaker called the USS Bill Barr has snuck up on them and is about to ram midship. That’s about to happen and I think we’re about to see the biggest scandal in American history as a result. But it was all political. Everything you think you know about Russia and Clinton investigations is a lie. It’s all a cover-up. It was all political espionage.

David Asman: You think Bill Barr is going to get to the bottom of it?

Patrick Byrne: I think he has gotten to the bottom of it.

Short transcript of the video from here

As i posted in another thread a little earlier;

Well if there is anything in this, he (Byrne) should make sure he stays safe else he might be the next suicide(d) victim!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If you're just looking for the punchline, go to @2:30 in the video above.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

justice.gov

If you read a report, such as this one, you can see she had direct contact with the Russian government and has confessed to being a spy. And they were watching her for a long time, gathering data and trying to uncover deeper contacts.

Are you surprised that the FBI was told by counterintel to give the go ahead in the middle of a spy investigation?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wow, that’s some double agent 007 stuff right there. I find Mueller’s lack of disclosure interesting and incriminating to the FBI for continuing to use her for what is most likely nefarious reasons. Yet, the FBI had no info to give her attorney Driscoll, yeah right. This could get interesting if it isn’t swept under the rug quickly.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

According to Byrne, Barr has everything.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Good.
I hope that Hillary's noose concerns were accurate.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wow... he litterally just named Comey and Brennan as culprits for the deep state....

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

Also very interesting is Warren Buffet's decision to publicly vouch for Byrne:

Familiar with the possible backlash he will face, he made the decision to go public after speaking to his mentor and longtime friend billionaire Warren Buffet, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Buffet, whom Byrne describes as his ‘Rabbi,’ sent SaraACarter.com a statement Tuesday night confirming his meeting with Byrne at his home in Omaha, Nebraska several weeks ago.

“I’ve known Patrick and his family for more than 40 years,” Buffet said in an email to this reporter. “His father, Jack Byrne, saved GEICO in 1976 and I met his three boys when they were teenagers. Both Mark, the middle son, and Patrick, the youngest, worked for Berkshire Hathaway. Patrick helped the company without pay in solving a difficult business problem. Patrick is very intelligent and patriotic. He comes by Omaha periodically to see me. At the most recent visit – a few weeks ago – though I know nothing about the subject he was describing, I told him to follow his conscience.”

I can't imagine him doing that, unless he thought it was important.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The craziest part of the story is how CEO Byrne of Overstock.com ended up in the middle of all this and has been privy to the info he knows. What he’s saying that he knows for fact is HUGE and damning to people like Brennan, Comey and a slew of others I’m sure. Sounds like Barr will be forthcoming soon with info that’s going to rock some peoples world to say the least. I’m wondering if Byrne didn’t come forward with a concern to stay off a suicide list. Hiding in plain sight so to speak.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It was Sara Carter who broke this story last month. Butina has been a key person and was convicted Russian agent. She was a FBI informant since 2011, while working for the DNC during Obama/Hillary era.

Butina was Chief of Staff for Alexander Kislyak, the Russian Ambassador to the U.S.

Butina was to Kislyak as Huma Abedin was to Hillary Clinton.
Butina was part of a "Browstone Operation" to compromise American executives. She is also Russian Gun rights activist.

DynCorp/Feinberg is also mixed up in this but will never see the light of a courtroom. Feinberg was named by Trump as the head of President's Intelligence Advisory Board!!

The FBI arrested Butina on July 15th, 2018, a Sunday.
The next day, Kislyak was replaced and sent back to Russia.
I believe her release date is Nov 5th, 2019.

Butina’s sentence of two years was reduced six months for ratting out George D. O’Neill Jr., great grandson of John D. Rockefeller.

According to the FBI, O’Neill, the NRA, and the Central Bank of Russia are all co-conspirators with Butina.

O’Neill’s network dates back to President Richard Nixon.

He was on Nixon’s campaign staff with David Keene, former President of the NRA.

Byrne is a member of CFR and his Dad was connected to the MOSSAD in regards to Energy exploitation.
Instead of calling it a compromise the controlled msm calls it an affair.
Recall Russian spy Anna Chapman, resemblance to Butina.

Alot of collusion & skullduggery, been going on for decades, nothing new here, move along.

Meet U.S. Person 2 in Maria Butina’s Spy Ring

Here's a long thread on Butina
threadreaderapp.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
She is kinda cute. Getting paid to date a Russian spy, how come I never had a job like that?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

For me the interesting part is HRC was 'targeted by the deep state' in whatever we believed to be true only about Trump.

So the idea is that a Shadow Government really does run everything and that the elected leadership is all for show. Wouldn't have mattered if HRC won. If she stepped out of line, the entire Russian collusion thing would have been about her to bring her down!!!

Think about that for a moment.

Mind blown.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Have you watched the new Netflix docuseries The Family? It seemed like Maria really got her foot in the door through The Fellowship run by Douglas Coe at the time.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Apparently, Partick Byrne bankrolled a website in which Felix Sater was linked to Semion Mogilevich[1], a "Russian" mob boss; thing is, Mogilevich isn't even Russian[2].

[1]

[2]

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I hope so.

Please let it be true!

Great thread

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Me too.

I posted in your other thread. I now see Epstein and this are aspects of the same story. This really could be the biggest conspiracy in US history!

Now I know why we keep hearing everyone will be shocked. Before, I was thinking how much more shocked could we get?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I haven't. I'll check it out.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Now I know why we keep hearing everyone will be shocked. Before, I was thinking how much more shocked could we get?

This really puts a different light on the actions of James Comey,
Peter Strzok, Andrew McCabe.

Also John Brennan. I just wonder how much Obama knew,
can't get that text out of my mind.

"The White House Is Running This".

I just hope people live long enough to get this thing unraveled!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join