It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Gabbard is the Democrat candidate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
As a "slightly left of center" democrat, I like Gabbard for the most part. I'm not on board with her gun control policy or her medicare for all. Her foreign policy seems ok, at best, for now. Time will tell. I think she showed well in the debates. I'm not sure that I am ready to go all in with her yet but we'll see.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Gabby seems just as far left as the other candidates. However, she doesn't come off as shrill and angry. In a way, she seems like someone who can reasoned with and you could discuss policy agreements / disagreements rationally.

The only thing I like about her besides her backside is her foreign policy positions.

With all that said, 2008 Obama was a wolf in sheeps clothing and I fear Gabby may be using a similar play book. 2008 Obama seemed rational and moderate. He came off like someone you could talk to and reason with politically. However, that mask quickly came off and he is a raging leftist.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I still don't understand how anyone thought Obama was a moderate. His mother and the grandparents who raised him were communists.

He, like Tulsi, was raised mostly in Hawaii. You have to have lived and worked in Hawaii to understand how special the politics are in that state. People think California is nutto land, Hawaii has been at it longer. Don't get me started on the state education system.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

I still don't understand how anyone thought Obama was a moderate. His mother and the grandparents who raised him were communists.

He, like Tulsi, was raised mostly in Hawaii. You have to have lived and worked in Hawaii to understand how special the politics are in that state. People think California is nutto land, Hawaii has been at it longer. Don't get me started on the state education system.

Remember, much of Obama's background was scrubbed and down played in media. Social media and public sluething journalism wasn't nearly as developed as it is now to expose candidates.

I can admit that I thought he was more moderate. I try not to hold the people to the sin's of their parents.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I don't hold people to the sins of their parents either but you are a product of your environment. He was exposed at a young age to certain politics and then said his mother was a driving force in his ideologies. He wasn't just talking about her teaching basket weaving at the Bishop Museum. He also didn't denounce some of her views. So I took him at his word when he said that.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I think massive voter fraud is going to be the biggest factor for the Dems in the upcoming election. So much so, that I feel there is genuine concern there.

Everything about the left currently focuses on signal boosting what I am convinced is a minority in our nation. And, the only time that narrative can really be dismantled is with something "objective," like elections.

Because of that, I feel they have a helluva lot more on the line than just not getting into the oval office. That is.. worrying.

Gabbard seems nice and amicable. That alone sets her so far from the rest of the pack as to be on another planet. Yet, many of her policy positions are pretty much the same.

I believe that shows the true distinction between someone who is legitimately "far left," and someone practicing the One True Faith of.. whatever the hell this new religion is.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 882019 by Wide-Eyes because: Nevermind...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join