It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Gabbard is the Democrat candidate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Notice the sudden gushing about Tulsi Gabbard since she's suing Google? Even conservatives are praising her as "different" from the other Democratic candidates - something stressed during the last round of debates. Sadly, few bother to think and analyze today's events through a conspiratorial lens and miss the obvious.

Trump rode to office on the underdog effect, now with Gabbard going after Google she has generated not only a great deal of publicity but also sympathy. "Go Tulsi!" I keep reading, everyone is thinking somehow her going after a tech giant is a big deal for the little guy. Didn't it happen a tad too quickly? Didn't Google know they would get sued by de-platforming a candidate? Of course they did, they have entire wings of lawyers ready to look over every action they take.

My suggestion here is that all this was planned out to lay a base for Gabbard to begin her run for President. If she wins the suit (or if big G settles out of court) she stands to take in $50 million for a campaign war chest. If she is the chosen candidate they will allow others to take the heat right up until near the election. Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

She still needs to polish some policy before she is a viable option, that said, I'm curious how she'll do in the primaries. Will the left throw chips her way even though she is not mouth foaming about Trump? Will she engage a good bit of the left without taking a hard inverse to everything that is currently going on?

I think ironically her problem is going to be the left... If she could chill out gun policy, she'd likely do better with independents than Trump.

Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Once her policies/platform come under scrutiny, Trump will eat her alive.

www.tulsigabbard.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

She sounds like Hillary. Another Reagan Republican posing as a Democrat.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Hmmmm.

It's not like she's claiming to be a super liberal. She is essentially running as a moderate Democrat.

I understand she might not be far enough left for your flavor, but I'd say she is indeed, on the left of the spectrum.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I said the same thing in a thread the other day and I’ll go even further and say that the rest are going to push further into crazy land to make her look good.

I still don’t think she has a chance though, Trump isn’t going to lose any supporters and will most likely pick a quite a few.
Saving massive voter fraud it won’t matter who the Dems choose, they are going to be slaughtered.

I think they already know this and are behind the scenes planning for 2024 when they actually have a chance

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Tulsi is the sanest crazy person in the asylum.

Still makes her crazy though.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Actually the dems would never go for gabbard. She’s strictly anti war and they only allow war hawks their approval. I would definitely vote for her if she got there, but like with sanders or Ron Paul, the major parties will try to tear her down with massive smear campaigns.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Is there even anyone close to another Ron Paul-esque candidate anymore?

I can't find anyone remotely intelligent like him in even the 3rd parties...
They all have so many drawbacks and mix in too many screwy angles...

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Had our chance, and blew it. Now we just get to watch the collapse of the empire.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
a reply to: muzzleflash

Had our chance, and blew it. Now we just get to watch the collapse of the empire.

Sadly I agree....

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Tulsi Gabbard is great with respect to foreign policy (and quite attractive on the screen), but she is still radically to the left as is the general Democratic Party. She supports banning "assault weapons" which in proposed legislation refers to any firearm (not just rifles, but also pistols and shotguns) that have certain features, most broadly being semi-automatic.

She supports the OFF Act which is meant to move to clean energy by 2035 (radical change in our energy industry and economy). She also supports Medicare for All. There are good things about her without a doubt, but being the most sane person within a group of people who are entirely deranged/radicalized does not make you a good candidate from the perspective of a moderate.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

That is truly a ridiculous statement. Her policies bear no resemblance to RRs.

Now, if you are trying to say she is closer to centrist like Reagan democrats, I could see that perspective, but She is nowhere near as conservative on social issues, gun control, welfare programs, trade, etc. Her foreign policy is the only thing remotely conservative.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

The problem with the Pauls is that there is no compromise in their extreme right views. That's not going to work, even though I agree with a lot of the proposals, they woild never pass congress.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Extreme right?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It feels of a corrupt conspiracy to finance her campaign. Smells like interference even. It's time to just tear Google apart old school way. Break the Monopoly now!

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Extreme right?

From a centrist perspective, yes.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I don't think people are just gushing about Tulsi Gabbard because of her Google lawsuit but because she stands out on some issues from the other candidates

She's anti war.
She's pro criminal justice reform.
She the calmest and least angry of the candidates.

She's also a woman, veteran, young, attractive, and ticks the "other" box on ethnicity and religion.

We will see if she can fully capitalize on any of this though; it's way too soon to bet on who is going to be the Dem Candidate IMO.

edit on 8-8-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: muzzleflash

The problem with the Pauls is that there is no compromise in their extreme right views. That's not going to work, even though I agree with a lot of the proposals, they woild never pass congress.

You said Paul plural.

Rand Paul cannot be compared to Ron in any way whatsoever. Rand is a sellout and a conformist, and a typical Republican. He could be considered far-right.

Ron wasn't "extreme right" at all, so I dunno why you're comparing him to Rand. Ron was a Libertarian Constitutionalist.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Extreme right?

From a centrist perspective, yes.

Not to get too far off-topic here, but could you give at least two examples of why you think Ron was "extreme far right"? Let's ignore Rand since he isn't worth mentioning anyways.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join