It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Look right there for the problem. A culture of hate, a culture of supremacy.
originally posted by: Edumakated
I grew up during the arcade era and still a casual player of games. Yes, I like FPS games with gratuitous violence.
I don't think the games by themselves are all that bad. However, I do think they are a contributor.
It is a combination of:
1) Violent images in games, music, and movies where faceless people are gunned down wantonly...
2) Mental illness enhanced by psychotropic drugs
3) Media reporting and hysterical coverage creating copy cats
4) Broken homes and families
5) Easy access to firearms. I support 2nd and don't want further restrictions, but let's be honest about access to firearms being a huge factor
originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: BoscoMoney
I never got into the "Gore-Torture Porn" films like SAW, Hostel, House of 1000 Corpses, Human Centipede, Grotesque, or any of this disgusting filth. I do not want to watch them, I have no interest in this putrid vomit, and I think anyone who is into these types of films has a morbid and macabre mentality.
I suppose video games being very realistic can have an effect on SOME kids, but again, they shouldnt be playing those games and its up to PARENTS to control that. Easier said than done yes, but not impossible.
Stop giving in to tech like its your job. Get out. Do stuff.
originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: muzzleflash
So you are saying that you think Trump was BSing us? That all the Republicans who echoed him were trying to sidestep other issues?