It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter banned me without warning or explanation on the night of the #CNNDemDebates.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

In GOD We Antitrust their Asses ................

Bump post.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

edit on 201982 by scolai because: Nevermind

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I am not a Trump supporter, but I can see how it would be frustrating to be censored by Twitter, especially without them letting you know why or letting you know ways you could improve and still be allowed on the platform. They should be open about the criteria they use for bans and implement them without bias. They should also have some sort of customer support to deal with issues like this.

Notice that it could still be possible for Twitter to have a transparent rubric about what is allowed or not and for them to be unbiased, and still have your account be banned.

At any rate, I hope you can work something out with them!

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I made a twitter account. I went on Trump's page and some Conservative pages.

I never made a single post.

I was banned.

I'm disappointed that President Trump hasn't set up a Twitter-like platform. It's not overly complicated. Maybe if Twitter keeps banning and punishing conservatives, that will be the catalyst to make the President do what he should have done, back when Twitter suspended his account.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I was never into the Q thing, tho I did have a passing interest in it.

I go hard in the paint and surprised that I haven't been perma banned myself.

Perhaps it is just being active all the time, idk, you just never know with Twitter.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I am not a Trump supporter, but I can see how it would be frustrating to be censored by Twitter, especially without them letting you know why or letting you know ways you could improve and still be allowed on the platform. They should be open about the criteria they use for bans and implement them without bias. They should also have some sort of customer support to deal with issues like this.

Notice that it could still be possible for Twitter to have a transparent rubric about what is allowed or not and for them to be unbiased, and still have your account be banned.

At any rate, I hope you can work something out with them!

Actually, this thread right here is how I've chosen to work it out and deal with it.

I don't know if I would even want back on at this point, unless they were to say apologize or something. They will ignore my letter, but it will be read nevertheless, and that's the whole point, provided that it also gets read in other spheres and domains, in this case via ATS.

I'm considering going back on twitter with a new account simply to highlight this issue until they ban me again.

Someone needs to do it, and what can ya do but charge into the breach once more dear friends!

That's how it's done. In their face!

Move them first to hatred, then to tears, and eventually to the mirthful laughter on the far side of the hatred, fear, sorrow and weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

For those, like me, who's rights and freedoms have been abused by the tech giants, I hereby declare that because of their censorship, they lose, and #WeThePeople #win and win again.

I'm going to regroup and then give it to them.

Funny, when Q first sent me to twitter to trend certain hashtags, I didn't have the first clue, but now, I feel more like this

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

I do have the impression that an 8-Chan person might be able to get this thread in front of QAnon for a shoutout

First of all..8-chan.

But mainly...SillyOldHer says that the FBI has declared Q as a "terrorist organization." So you maybe don't want to get Q involved, since, as SillyOldHer says, it's a terrorist organization. According to the FBI. Apparently. That's how she read it, anyway.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

There's no need to try to declare QAnon a terrorist organization. Antifa, yes, Q, no.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
So you believe most of the people in the country are using twitter to determine the direction they believe the country should move? lol.

yep you know it.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   
After the Obama Admin weaponized the FBI and all of their top leaders have been fired or disgraced into quitting and showing up in the IG Report for crimes committed in the coup attempt....

...the FBI is being considered a terrorist organization according to an internal memo originating from citizens of the United States.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
To the OP. Don't use Twitter. If you don't like their rules or the way they have treated you, then just stop using it.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I'm not sure you understand. What happened to me happens all the time to 1000's of others because the tech giants want to move the needle.

This is by far a greater threat than a Russian troll farm.

This isn't about me in the final analysis.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: roadgravel

Do you think social media platforms are influential?

They are but they only have the power people gave them. By even signing up for an account you are giving them more influence. But of course if they are indeed biased (which they likely are) it also won't do you any favors if they shut out your "side" completely.

So what do you do? Well, one thing you can't expect when someone who doesn't like you has the upper hand is a fair fight. So don't go in there expecting to be able to just blurt out whatever you want to say and think you're going to get away with it just because the other guys do. You have to be smarter than that. Crying foul when they treat you unfairly is not going to accomplish anything. You already know they want to shut you down so don't give them an excuse.

ie: allow them a modicum of control over your freedom of speech and expression, and switch to tweeting in a coded nested hierarchy of NLP allegories and metaphor?

Something like that. Though honestly, I tend to think of mixing politics and casual discussion as inherently problematic. And therein lies the problem with the idea of using a platform like TwitsRUs for political agenda pushing. Historically, if you wanted to get along with complete strangers, you avoided politics and religion at all costs.

So, generally, the people who run these "social media" platforms have really just made one more # of a mess by mixing a bunch of incompatible garbage into one great big nasty smoothie and forcing everyone to live exclusively on a diet of it. Day in and day out. You just can't get away from it. People who have no idea what they're talking about are getting triggered and bickering back and forth over absolutely nothing and they never have that cool down period because they get up the next day and it's still right there. That tends to cause a lot of problems and chaos. Go figure. This was something that people had figured out ages ago and deliberately avoided mixing all this BS together in casual conversation. Now things have gotten to the point where people think it's fun to piss each other off and push the buttons of complete strangers all day long every day. And they wonder why the world is a complete mess now.
edit on 3-8-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'm not sure you understand.

Oh no, I do understand. Twitter is out to make money and harvest your data. If they choose to bar you, then they do so because their algorithm says you're not worth it. It all boils down to money in the end.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I was banned.

I'm disappointed that President Trump hasn't set up a Twitter-like platform. It's not overly complicated. Maybe if Twitter keeps banning and punishing conservatives, that will be the catalyst to make the President do what he should have done, back when Twitter suspended his account.

Dont worry, Trump will have his own TV channel. That was the original plan to begin with.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

They have been labeled a domestic terrorist threat by the FBI.

and "Silly old her" ??? Am I not even entitled to the respect of my screen name?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

and "Silly old her" ??? Am I not even entitled to the respect of my screen name?
🤣🤣💥🤣🤣

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Confirmed !!!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Why would you want to support a business that actively censors and bans people? I dont get it, are followers and likes and hearts that important in your life? Start supporting a platform that doesnt act like fascist nazis. This isnt rocket science.

Yes, but with Twitter, it's amazing who you can get in the face of and thus, how influencial your voice or ideas can be in shaping the debate in the public arena.

Unfortunately, they got "lock in". I don't want to go to a right-wing conservative echo chamber like Gab, and don't have the time to join another similar social media platform like Mastadon or whatever.

I like the IMPACT of Twitter, not the ethos of the people who own and run it, who may be very bad people in fact.

I think their day of reckoning is coming however & it would sure be nice to play a small part in that.

I like to turn everything to the good, and it's important to stand up for one's rights and freedoms including freedom of speech and free and full self-expression, provided you're not causing harm.

Keep fighting

Come over to Facebook for a while

I’m currently on my 12th Facebook account for debating radicalised far left lunatics, it’s not going to stop me I see it as my duty to expose the agenda behind the globalist agenda

Tbh never really got in with Twitter, seemed so indirect, however I do use it just to chain information from Trump and others onto other platforms

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I was banned.

You get a star from me, but because it made me go check my own half-dead, never used Twatter handle I have (alternate emergency contact option for getting in touch with my older brother) That is by no means an active SM account, it's a backup option to serve one and only one purpose.

It's gone, too. I never posted a single tweet or whatever, and never went to anyone's page other than my brother's, he's the only person who follows me and vice versa.

I'm not particularly worked up about it, though. I was probably notified via my Gmail, I think that's what I signed up with. I haven't checked that in so long, I'd be surprised if I still have that, too.

Oh well, I'm back down to his cell number and personal email for contact routes. Not a big deal.
edit on 8/4/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join