It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter banned me without warning or explanation on the night of the #CNNDemDebates.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

What might happen is that as people complain, they may force a change that makes the government or it's agent the referee in this and we should all realize how bad that would be.

People can't be made to be open minded or to change views unless they are open to doing it.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: roadgravel

Do you think social media platforms are influential?

They are but they only have the power people gave them. By even signing up for an account you are giving them more influence. But of course if they are indeed biased (which they likely are) it also won't do you any favors if they shut out your "side" completely.

So what do you do? Well, one thing you can't expect when someone who doesn't like you has the upper hand is a fair fight. So don't go in there expecting to be able to just blurt out whatever you want to say and think you're going to get away with it just because the other guys do. You have to be smarter than that. Crying foul when they treat you unfairly is not going to accomplish anything. You already know they want to shut you down so don't give them an excuse.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: DBCowboy

They can have influence on some people.

So can newspaper, tv, radio, church, clubs, friends, companies ...

So a biased social media platform can have an impact on opinions.

The important thing is how many are influenced. Looks to me that many here must be influenced by opinions there because of the often displayed outrage.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I wake up triggered, go to sleep triggered, eat my beans triggered, ride my horse Trigger, triggered, go shooting and pull triggers, triggered.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Q was just declared a terrorist organization by the FBI.
The news is saying that Twitter has banned conspiracy theorists who re-tweeted Q-Anon material.
Was that you?

PS I wonder what this recent move will do to the Q thread here.
edit on 822019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The news is saying that Twitter has banned conspiracy theorists who re-tweeted Q-Anon material.
Was that you?

That FBI report isn't on the FBI website is it ?

😎🚬🎯

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Was that you?

Linky?

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

They should not have the ability or power to arbitrarily silence people's voices based on their political orientation or the argument they're putting forth.

It's supposed to be like a public square of ideas, not a platform that's weighted in one particular direction to try to shape public opinion which is what they do.

They are of the evil and wicked societal matrix and celeb culture, etc. but they also have a far reaching political agenda and aspiration to gain as much power as possible.

This should be of concern to people as much on the left as the right, if they believe in freedom of speech and freedom of expression, but because of the current climate and "Trump factor" or whatever you want to call it "TheGreatAwakening, those on one side of the debate are frothing at the mouth in pursuit of power and/or with TDS that they'll take ANY victory, even if it means throwing away their own principals just to "get even" and that's dangerous and harmful to the public sphere and to the very nature and cause of Civility and a certain decorum. So they're gleeful over the idea, or completely dismissive, when they should be equally concerned about freedom of speech and self-expression in the public digital sphere, whether they agree with or even like the person who's been a victim of censorship. In the same way that if #SpyGate is real, whether left or right they should want it to be investigated and if any crimes were committed, to have people held to the same standard of Justice and Truth, at the very least to protect the integrity of the Democratic process.

These are scary times! Make no mistake.

This isn't hyperbole on my part nor is it based on the notion that I'm somehow extra special or that it's about me.

It's a problem, and a looming threat to a Civil Society and even the cause and course of Civilization, whether you use or are on twitter or not.

It's only a part, but it's a chunk of the ongoing debate and struggle that we're all in right now.

Sane and rational voices are needed. When they are simply cut off and silenced, it isn't helpful to the collective consciousness and understanding.

There are also some among you, who for reasons that I cannot fathom, are even now stirred or moved to play the role of devil's advocate and make ME the bad guy for reporting it in the first place or for publishing my attempt, however feeble or ineffective, to take a stand for the sake of what's right.

I can always unplug my modem and resurrect?

People need to be aware of it these days and in the lead up to the 2020 election, and beyond.

What a nightmare. Kamala Harris as President, surrounded by a group representing the Tech Giants.. GAG!

Think about it.. no matter what side of the political spectrum or debate or argument that you are on. Think it through..

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Was that you?

My sources tell me that you might have skipped your meds.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Why? Because you haven't seen it on Before its News?

Its true. You go look and you will find it.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Do you think social media platforms are influential?

They are but they only have the power people gave them. By even signing up for an account you are giving them more influence. But of course if they are indeed biased (which they likely are) it also won't do you any favors if they shut out your "side" completely.

So what do you do? Well, one thing you can't expect when someone who doesn't like you has the upper hand is a fair fight. So don't go in there expecting to be able to just blurt out whatever you want to say and think you're going to get away with it just because the other guys do. You have to be smarter than that. Crying foul when they treat you unfairly is not going to accomplish anything. You already know they want to shut you down so don't give them an excuse.

ie: allow them a modicum of control over your freedom of speech and expression, and switch to tweeting in a coded nested hierarchy of NLP allegories and metaphor?

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Why? Because you haven't seen it on Before its News?

Its true. You go look and you will find it.

Post a link, if not then you are a liar.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

I dont lie.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
www.buzzfeednews.com...

The FBI Said Conspiracy Theories Like QAnon And Pizzagate Are Domestic Terrorism Threats “Identity based, and fringe political conspiracy theories” are very likely to motivate some domestic terrorists to “commit criminal and sometimes violent activity,” the memo warns.

thehill.com...

The account, which was created in September 2018, called itself a "Fierce Trump supporter" and said, "I'm not a bot." It reportedly pushed QAnon conspiracy theories about Democrats murdering children, tweeting last week a meme that targeted former President Clinton and ex-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the Daily Beast reports.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

www.rollingstone.com...

Lol, 😂🤣😂🤣

It does not say what you claim.
Typical silly.

link   
I wish for the love of God and people, that Q would ref the link to this topic @ ATS..

It's freaking important!

link   

I dont lie.

Yea, you just don't tel the truth.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

keep going.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

no I dont lie.
Stop calling me a liar I think it might be against t and c.

and tell has two L's...

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You guys, stop (steps in to moderate the thread a tiny bit).

I'm familiar with the guy who shot up the pizza parlor, Edgar Maddison Welch, along with his strange connections. We don't need to go there, but I do have the impression that an 8-Chan person might be able to get this thread in front of QAnon for a shoutout, not for me or us or ATS, but for the sake of our rights and freedoms.

Let Freedom Ring.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join