It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The upcoming Area 51....carnival.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Don't really see the big deal in all this, on either side. Don't know why the .gov is sweating this.

I guess they are preparing for the worst....most of the "attendees" may be leftists. Which means the usual round of violence and stupidity. But I think even they are being ridiculous in that assumption.

This is nothing more than the usual larp/fair opportunity.

Even if "most" show up. All it will be is a few tens of thousands of people standing around expecting the usual fair(food trucks, vendors and some social interaction).

Blockade the roads 10 miles out, find a nice field and set up some stands and a few carnival rides.

The unemployed nutjubs will show up and bring hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of commerce to the area all the while "fighting for a cause".

The masses don't have the fortitude or the morals to actually rush a military base...and if the do then they deserve the obvious outcome they were warned about.

Simply put, this could just be a nice start to an annual "pilgrimage" that could shed some intellect and commerce back into the field of alien conspiracy theory.
edit on 16-7-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

There's only one way this can go.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
They better watch out, for this guy...

They may obstruct his view of Venus...
edit on 16-7-2019 by madmac5150 because: "Where, is the Earth-shattering ka-boom?"

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Any real reason one would suppose that any people who would go there would be ''leftists''. I have read this unfounded speculation before on ATS. is this speculation based on anything but conservative willingness to color every cockeyed idea ''leftist"?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Any real reason one would suppose that any people who would go there would be ''leftists''. I have read this unfounded speculation before on ATS. is this speculation based on anything but conservative willingness to color every cockeyed idea ''leftist"?

They seem to gather at most of these events....

Most would assume it has something to do with their unemployment or poor employment and their desire to spend free time larping?

But like I said, It's foolish to assume that.

This is nothing more than an internet meme at this point, at worst it's just going to be a poorly planned carnival in the middle of the desert.

I see why you jumped on it though, anything negative about "the party".

I don't think this has anything to do with one party or the other, just general foolishness of any "movement" breed from "social media".

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
A lot of people online seem to think there are only 2 options, kill everyone or let them have free reign of the base.

There is a massive gray area of deterrents that will insure no one dies by the fault of the military and no one gets on base.

I mean even if they got to the base through the miles of shadeless desert it’s not like they keep the doors unlocked, plus I’d bet at least 90% of the base is underground.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Maybe Antifa will mobilize and attack with the nerds. That may be a win/win.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Not a leftist here by any means, but I signed up for it just for the helluva it. Its a lark, a humorous joke, and it worries me that anyone could take it seriously.

Honestly, other than on here, I don't think anyone is lol

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
A lot of people online seem to think there are only 2 options, kill everyone or let them have free reign of the base.

There is a massive gray area of deterrents that will insure no one dies by the fault of the military and no one gets on base.

I mean even if they got to the base through the miles of shadeless desert it’s not like they keep the doors unlocked, plus I’d bet at least 90% of the base is underground.

Military has an "endless" budget.

I'm sure, just for kicks and for some work, they have "sanitized" the area just in case a few hundred wackos "get in"(to the surface layer].

Honestly, if I were in charge. I'd set up a huge carnival(food, rides, tents, merch) 10 miles out. If a small group decided to "rush it' all they would find is........more tents, with food, rides and merch on the topsoil.

It's easier to pander to fools than it is to educate them.

Basically....It's time the military learns how to...."MEME".

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
Not a leftist here by any means, but I signed up for it just for the helluva it. Its a lark, a humorous joke, and it worries me that anyone could take it seriously.

Honestly, other than on here, I don't think anyone is lol

The military is apparently taking it seriously.

And while I assume that most, like you, are doing it for a joke.

There is probably 1 out of every 5 or 10K that expects to show up with some sort of "storming" force to take the base.

I get the joke, but think of the idiots that don't. They'll show up, so I hope a food truck or two is there when they get out in the desert.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I’m telling you, if idiots go swimming in the ocean with “Shark” signs posted, some fool is destined to climb over a fence marked “Minefield”. Then once he’s cut in half the hoard will head back to Vegas.

Bingo. That makes the most sense. A bunch of nerds convincing their nerd girlfriends/wives they HAVE to stay in Vegas since nowhere for 100k nerds to stay in BFE.

Then it will turn into one big nerd comic con/Star Trek/Pokémon Go/LARP festival and nobody makes it to A51

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I am retired from the USAF. 20+ years.

I wouldn't go anywhere near that place.

Take that, for what it is...

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

Like I said, larping.

It will be a bunch of 20 to 30 year old unemployed "activists" with the occasional psychotropic riddled 60's sun child scattered about.

You know, a real force to reckon with....

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Reality:

10 miles out...carnival
5 miles out...juicy merch tents and some light military presence.
1 mile out.....moderate military presence.

Beyond the "gate" apaches sending rounds.

I doubt any of these fools would risk getting 100 feet away from the nearest taco truck.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

USAF 84-91 for me.

Things we stayed away from;

- DIA HQ on Bolling
- Restricted side of Indian Head NOS
- OSI 9th floor of Blanchard
- those “hangars” on the far side of Kunsan
- talking about A51
- operating our Echo Band SAM training site when SR71 was nearby

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Like I said, larping.

It will be a bunch of 20 to 30 year old unemployed "activists" with the occasional psychotropic riddled 60's sun child scattered about.

So... neck-beards, fedoras and flea-market samurai swords....

My money is on the Air Force Security Forces...

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I don't know. I'll be 46 this year and I don't know if I recall ever hearing tell of something like this. This just has "REALLY BAD IDEA!" written all over it.

The organizing power of the internet has a lot of good potential. This is not a smart thing to do. Hopefully it will flop and no one will get hurt. Just....I can't imagine whoever came up with this idea had good intentions.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Given the worldwide "lore" surrounding this base.

I'd have to assume it's so well sanitized from ground level that even the last few posters that have commented have done so in vein.

There is NOTHING there of any importance, which just makes this whole thing seem, logically, like a fools errand.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Like I said, larping.

So... neck-beards, fedoras and flea-market samurai swords....

My money is on the Air Force Security Forces...

Who do you think will be manning the hot dog cart?

Those boys might like a bit of R&R running some food tents.

It's so pointless it's comical.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan
a reply to: madmac5150

USAF 84-91 for me.

Things we stayed away from;

- DIA HQ on Bolling
- Restricted side of Indian Head NOS
- OSI 9th floor of Blanchard
- those “hangars” on the far side of Kunsan
- talking about A51
- operating our Echo Band SAM training site when SR71 was nearby

Me.. 1990-2011

Things we stayed away from:

-CNN

edit on 16-7-2019 by madmac5150 because: The first rule of fight club...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join