It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang rape gets "Islamic" blessing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I agree with DrHoricd but I would take it a step futher. Islam is not a religon of peace if so, why do they have at any one time 15 ongoing battles with their neighbors around the world? What they done was to screw this lady in more than one way.
1. They stole her dignity
2. The womam in question will more than likely have severe mental problems for the rest of her life.
3. According to Islamic law from what I understand, this lady will never be in a relationship with a man of her religon because they would consider her "damaged goods" and thus forced to live the rest of her life in shame.
4. Women of this religon are treated as second-class citizens. In many cases, dogs and pets live better lives than most of the women.
5. Any sane judical appointee in any legitimate governing councle would have called for massive punishment to the creatins who commited this horrible act.
Sever acts require sever punishment. Anything short of a public hanging or a bullet behind the ear(either one would suffice), would be an insult on the female gender. I do not normally voice my opinions on womens issues, but this one compelled me to say my peice. God Bless Her

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
I agree with DrHoricd but I would take it a step futher. Islam is not a religon of peace if so, why do they have at any one time 15 ongoing battles with their neighbors around the world? What they done was to screw this lady in more than one way.
1. They stole her dignity
2. The womam in question will more than likely have severe mental problems for the rest of her life.
3. According to Islamic law from what I understand, this lady will never be in a relationship with a man of her religon because they would consider her "damaged goods" and thus forced to live the rest of her life in shame.
4. Women of this religon are treated as second-class citizens. In many cases, dogs and pets live better lives than most of the women.
5. Any sane judical appointee in any legitimate governing councle would have called for massive punishment to the creatins who commited this horrible act.
Sever acts require sever punishment. Anything short of a public hanging or a bullet behind the ear(either one would suffice), would be an insult on the female gender. I do not normally voice my opinions on womens issues, but this one compelled me to say my peice. God Bless Her

1. Ok, list those 15 battles.

2. What does the rape have to do with Islam?

3. Do you know how many rapes go unreported in the western world? Estimates place it way above 50%.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
What's more interesting is how Punjab was named to be a province of Pakistan, yet is a province of India.

Deep

ummm what if theres a province in Pakistan named Punjab too? seems there is. In fact Lahore is the second largest city in Pakistan and provincial capital of Punjab.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

ummm what if theres a province in Pakistan named Punjab too? seems there is. In fact Lahore is the second largest city in Pakistan and provincial capital of Punjab.

I'm from Punjabi; I'm a Punjabi. During partition, Punjabi was split 50/50 to Pakistan and India. My grandfather and my father are from Pakistan --or the side in Pakistan.

I just forgot that and thought it was insinuating something else.

Deep

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I am not surprised, this is yet just another human stupidity and the other stupidity humans do - of dividing humans into groups and then putting all the blame on to to them.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I am not surprised, this is yet just another human stupidity and the other stupidity humans do - of dividing humans into groups and then putting all the blame on to to them.

I thought God divided Humans into groups. Humans just decided to hate one another in groups.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

I thought God divided Humans into groups. Humans just decided to hate one another in groups.

For me that is God divided in parts, and each parts forms the whole is the whole. So why hate one part over the other, without that part, god is incomplete.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I HATE Islam that f***ing religion should die!

Ex

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Rape is NOT about sex,
it is about Power and Control.
The cowards got away with this travisty,
Does Islam really
condone this kind of behavior, is my guestion.
Seems to me all organised religion these days
is about Power & Control, from who to vote for,
to treatment of women & children.

I always thought it odd that the Catholic religion
turned a blind eye to pedophiles,
while excommunicating any male that became involved with a woman.

Power & Control?????
EX

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If you all care to review the story on why she was raped, you'll see how truly ignorant these people are. The woman was raped for something her brother did. How these people can claim that the rape was justified under Islamic law is beyond me. She had no control over her brother.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Where is the Feminist outrage?

Where is the Islamic outrage?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It is happening simtek. Mumtaz Mai has become a spokesperson for women all over her country. She was in the front lines in a world women's day rally. She is donating money to help women's emancipation.
The men who did this are of course going to be punished. However, from what I read in the news it was not Islam that these people were using to justify their actions, but their own tribal laws.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I was talking about this the other day to my ex husband, and we were both saying how awful this was. I myself get so angry at these people, trying to make out like Islam allows this kind of thing. It is sick, and i was so shocked when i read about it.
For those of you who still hold the view that islam treats and sees women as inferior, maybe you should ponder on a couple of things.
It is said that whoever brings three daughters up in this life, will get to Paradise.
There is also a hadith (saying) of Muhammad (pbuh), which goes like this. A man came to the Prophet and asked him who deserved his respect more. The Prophet answered:
"Your mother"
The man said,
"Then who?"
Again the reply was,
"Your mother"
The man said again, then who?
And the reply came back again, your mother. On the fourth time, the Prophet answered,
"Your father"

Trust me, no matter that some people will lie about what Islam says (not misinterpret....there is nothing in islam which someone could read and think...oh, that means we can gang rape a woman)....the truth is, there are rules for both men and women. And women are treated with equal respect

[edit on 27-3-2005 by geek101]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

"Five men sentenced to death in a high-profile gang-rape case in the Pakistani province of Punjab have been acquitted on appeal.
Judges in Lahore said there was insufficient evidence. A sixth man had his sentence commuted to life in jail.

O.k so when did Allah descend from heavan in his fiery chariot and set these animals free? Clever lawyers and a possibly corrupt justice system are to blame here. Does that surprise you?

A Pakistani tribal council allegedly ordered the rape of Mukhtar Mai in February 2002 as punishment for a rape falsely attributed to her brother.

And the proof of this is where??? Religions everywhere use punishment as an excuse to fulfill their sick sexual desires. IMO religion is often just manipulation of the gullible. By this I mean ALL religion. I wouldn't have to look very hard to find examples. Islam has no earthly centralisation so you can hardly point the finger at all its followers. Just as the pope isn't/wasn'tresponsible for ordering rampant sexual abuse of children in the Catholic church.

Ms Mai broke down on hearing the appeal verdict.

"I will go to appeal. I will go anywhere, wherever is necessary... to get my right," she told the Reuters news agency.

Good, I hope she does and the animals responsible are castrated without anesthetic. That is if they can find a guillotine small enough.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with the true teachings of Islam.

It is about ignorant stupid men who use their manipulation of religion to condone even further ignorant practices including the suppression and ill treatment of women. It is about control and sadistic practices. These are people who also burn women alive for so called indiscretions against man.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
What about the Christian Priests Child Molestations?

Did they get "Christian" blessing too?

Did the Pope authorize to rape and molest young choir boys?

Hmmm, then again, this is a "Lets Bash Islam" topic, right doc?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Did the Pope authorize to rape and molest young choir boys?

He had full knowledge of them, covered up for them, allowed the priests to be transfered to other parishes so they could re-offend instead of turning them in which makes the answer a definite "Yes".

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

He had full knowledge of them, covered up for them, allowed the priests to be transfered to other parishes so they could re-offend instead of turning them in which makes the answer a definite "Yes".

This is a reaction. It suggests that the pope had an interest in protecting his personnell no that he privately condoned or sanctioned these events.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
This is a reaction.

No. It's realism.

It suggests that the pope had an interest in protecting his personnell no that he privately condoned or sanctioned these events.

Suffer the little children then?

If he had ANY sense of integrity [and ethical duty] he would've sacked their arses on the spot and not allowed it to continue.. how is it not sanctioning their behaviour? He's been an accessory to it.. I guess children are expendable when protecting his power base.. then again ALL companies have damage contol so why should the church be any different?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
While the crimes agaist this woman, are horrid and below human decentcy, I am going to say this, Dr. H. you sir are breeding are far worse crime. Hatred and biggetry that in its own right screams for war and hatred against a whole people......You sir have no right to set in judgement over Islam and you definetly have no right to blame all Islam for this act. You while well intented have chosen the most destructive nature for which this matter shall be resolved. Get off the religion as a whole and look at it based on those who actually took part.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join