It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimes - murders - rapes - from people tailgating or piggybacking entry into large apt buildings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm doing some research into residential building security and the phenomenom of criminals "tailgating" or "piggybacking" legal residents to gain entry into the building. I know I remember seeing or reading some true crime stories where criminals gained entry into these buildings by closely following a residnet as they opened the front door to enter. Once inside, they were free to go to any door they chose or they could hide out in cleaning or service closets, waiting for their victim(s).

I'm pretty sure I remember many cases like this, many ending with murder or rape (or both) but I really seem to recall a story about a serial killer that did this often to access his victims but I can't find any information on it. So I'm wondering if anyone here remembers this or knows of a story like this that I could research.

I also seem to recall the same thing being done, quite often in homes for the elderly (55+ communities). The same methods were being used and the killer would pose either as a visitor or family member (getting around the locked doors) and gain entry to the locked facility. He was then free to carry out his killings, often spending the entire night in bed with his victim, sometimes even after having killed them hours before. I'm pretty sure there was a recent case like this in FL where a 40-50yr old black man was targeting elderly white women in these homes and killed quite a few, often leaving out the window as the nursing staff filled the hallways as the morning shift began.

So, if you know of any stories like this where criminals used piggybacking or tailgating to gain access to commit their crimes, I'd love to hear them, especially if you got links, b/c I need to document these cases. IDK if there are any other forms like this or other implementations of this "con" but I'm interested in those as well.

Here are some descriptions of how it works and security measures to protect the buildings from tailgating.

www.buildings.com...

www.frontsteps.com...

en.wikipedia.org...(security)

Also note that instead of a serial killer, it may have been a serial rapist that did this as stalkers often use this technique to gain access to their prey's home.

edit on 7 10 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
sad, but we live in a sick jungle these days

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
sad, but we live in a sick jungle these days

In some places it seems. I couldn't imagine what would happen if all the people in the "red" counties had to spend 1-6 months in the democrat run cities. many people are lucky to live in rural areas or at least suburbs where this stuff isn't as large of a problem, though it does still exist. But if conservatives had a real taste of what it was like, that would probably be enough to set off the necessary spark for revolution.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I was watching a documentary following 2 couples, who were/are drug addicts, around New York, and I was amazed at how easy they obtained access to apartment buildings to shoot up in the stairwells, elevators, and basements. They either pressed buttons until someone buzzed them it, followed people in, or broke in.......it was crazy how easy it seemed. Most of the time people didnt even ask who it was before buzzing them in.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw the same, people just pushing the buzzer and getting buzzed up right away. I always wondered if there are lots of people just waiting for others to show up, in a big building I'm sure there's always someone expecting someone else.

Now if I lived there I'd be really pixxed at people who don't use the video camera or voice intercom and just let people in..

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

think alot of us that live rural lives are happy we are where we are and would not tolerate or enjoy city life style , i know i didnt like the few times i had to live in cities so moved to middle of no where to avoid this kind of thing and got the hell out of California,we still have crime but again that tends to happen in the cities and towns not the areas i at least live . ive lived in santa cruz ,campbell, sanjose (screw that area) and now live in kalispell montana in one of the safest areas in my county

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The big issue is that people are afraid to offend others by asking for proof of residency / visitation. There have been several videos where a resident questions someone they don't recognize and the person being questioned gets all huffy. Often times racial overtones. Think white woman demands to see black guy's key card, etc.

Criminals certainly take advantage of this desire not to offend. While not as bad as murder, I recall when I worked in an office building, we had a few cases where someone would piggyback off an employee to gain access to our office and then steal laptops. They'd dress up in a suit/tie and given there were several hundred people in the office at the time, there is no way you'd know every face. The perpetrator looked like they fit in, so fairly easy to piggyback off someone not paying attention.

There was an entire episode on Seinfeld about this...

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The tone of this is very racially divisive if not subliminally racist. I wonder how the crowds of teens from philly from this past weekend ended up in a video about front door invasions (tailgating) . This is just a "black man bad" video disguised as something else. If you can't see that, you might just be a racist. I could be wrong, elaborate your opinion.
edit on 10-7-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

PS I tried giving Colin a chance in the past but once I got into watching some of his stuff, Im left with the impression he is a racist. To each his own but he tries to influence others to be the same.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

The tone of this is very racially divisive if not subliminally racist. I wonder how the crowds of teens from philly from this past weekend ended up in a video about front door invasions (tailgating) . This is just a "black man bad" video disguised as something else. If you can't see that, you might just be a racist. I could be wrong, elaborate your opinion.

There it is.....Racism.

Figured it would have been the second or third post.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Im one to usually sigh at the racism call but this isn't like most other times. This guy constantly talks about a topic and adds clips of violent black people that are unrelated into his videos. Yea, the dude is a #ing racist.

PS thanks for elaborating.....dot...

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I know I work proofing apartment complex newsletters, and there are often building security articles in them that warn people constantly not to allow in anyone they do not know. Basically, warnings not to allow in piggybackers like your OP talks about. There are also warnings never to block open doors.

Often these are in places like Chicago, but not always. It's basically common anyplace the building feels it needs door fobs.
edit on 10-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I thought, what an odd thread... But I see some news trending of some guy harassing another guy....

No further details necessary...

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

PS I tried giving Colin a chance in the past but once I got into watching some of his stuff, Im left with the impression he is a racist. To each his own but he tries to influence others to be the same.

Being called racist has lost all meaning to me.
I was called racist recently for calling myself an Australian, I’m not an aboriginal so I can’t call myself Aussie and by not acknowledging that I’m showing that I’m a racist. Funny thing is I’m actually 1/32 aboriginal.

Facts aren’t racist they are just facts, rape gangs are almost exclusively Muslim/Arab and when you hear about groups of “youths” running amok you always know who they mean.
Crime statistics are just that, statistics.
For whatever reason blacks and hispanics in America are way over represented in relation to population vs crimes committed so there is a good chance that any discussion on criminality will be discussing “minority’s”.

Maybe if we can stop turning a blind eye because reality may cause offence then we can actually deal with the issues that are plaguing our societies.
No one is hurt more by black criminality than the black community so really those who deny it are the closeted racists

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Lakeside is safer😉a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Maybe if we can stop turning a blind eye because reality may cause offence then we can actually deal with the issues that are plaguing our societies.
No one is hurt more by black criminality than the black community so really those who deny it are the closeted racists

Since when have FACTS become a racist's tool?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Anyone with any kind of a security clearance knows full well about tailgating and piggybacking. It's a big deal actually, and not some obscure phenomenon. We actually have technologies to prevent this type of activity (sally ports, people counters, etc). Even so, the onus is always on the authorized individual accessing a location to ensure someone behind them does not tailgate or piggyback. So much so that the violation (and potential loss of clearance) goes to the authorized person, not necessarily the tailgater.

Tailgating and piggybacking is a focal point in security training.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I was called racist recently for calling myself an Australian, I’m not an aboriginal so I can’t call myself Aussie and by not acknowledging that I’m showing that I’m a racist. Funny thing is I’m actually 1/32 aboriginal.

Facts aren’t racist they are just facts, rape gangs are almost exclusively Muslim/Arab and when you hear about groups of “youths” running amok you always know who they mean.
For whatever reason blacks and hispanics in America are way over represented in relation to population vs crimes committed so there is a good chance that any discussion on criminality will be discussing “minority’s”.

For the most part I agree. Where you lose me is the facts are facts statement. I get it and agree of course. I just don't think it has relevance to what I said. He is always talking about a subject and linking violent minorities that have nothing to do with the subject into the video. That's my only reason for thinking he is a racist. It's in most of his videos. He talks about a subject that has higher statistics of minority crime and always has black and hispanic crimes that are unrelated in his videos to a point were it seems pretty damn obvious by now.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

For the most part I agree. Where you lose me is the facts are facts statement. I get it and agree of course. I just don't think it has relevance to what I said. He is always talking about a subject and linking violent minorities that have nothing to do with the subject into the video. That's my only reason for thinking he is a racist. It's in most of his videos. He talks about a subject that has higher statistics of minority crime and always has black and hispanic crimes that are unrelated in his videos to a point were it seems pretty damn obvious by now.

So is he lying or is he stating facts and then showing video footage of a similar yet unrelated incident?

If it’s the later then it would seem like he’s hitting us with a double shot of truth and forcing the SJW crowd into a bit of a corner.

Imagine him talking about the Disneyland brawl that’s just happened but he shows footage of a completely different altercation between several black people.
Now let’s say he is a racist and says explicitly that black people are more prone to violence, leftists lose their shyte and jump all over him pointing out that he’s full of crap and the video is unrelated.
In actual fact he has just given us 2 true and practical examples of the point he was trying to make.

My problem with what you’re saying is that you don’t believe anything he says or shows is false you just don’t like his mindset.

Has he ever completely fabricated a story or does he just use incorrect footage?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I'm done. Never mind.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I us to to do package delivery

Do not let that gate make you fell safe

If obtaining the code isent easy it really is

Telling someone your ups and they have a package is a guarantee

And if that dosent work for about 40 bucks you can buy a tool that will get the freaqancy when someone else opens the gate and open the gate just like someone who lives there

I hope that absolutely shattered any felling of security from living in a gated community they know it makes you fell safe and use that to take advantage

top topics

<<   2 >>

join