It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing says 4th of July like painting over a mural of George Washington

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes. Lol. I love art and agree. I'm not sure if we're debating here or agreeing because I never did say anything about art dictating. But I agree with you and for this and many other reasons I am an ardent advocate of the arts and free expression.

I do have to ask though-- would you put any piece of art in a high school setting? No limit to the subject matter at all?

(Just to make my position clear-- I see this as a teaching opportunity-- not a case for demolition. I don't support the idea of painting over it, only spoke to the possibility of adding historical context.)

edit on 6-7-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Someone should come back to them and say, "You're not white as you frequently point out, so how dare you tell us how we get to feel about George Washington! I get you don't like the depiction of that guy there, but I you don't get to censor Washington because of that."

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's a circular argument indeed.

Edit: ok looked up the logical term and it indeed isn't a circular argument, but an argument that ends in circles.
edit on 6-7-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I like stories about cali and democrats as they sink into the pits of despair, their blind ambition to destroy themselves and their reprobate state. ....because nearly all the stories about the two are in most ways about failure. And not just a little failure, but running Pell Mell into oblivion..

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Democrats order the destruction of a mural ordered by earlier Democrats.
Nothing like consistency.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

We're agreeing.

Just expanding on the theme.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Why not just get some material, a seamstress, some cotton and make some slip on covers rather than erasing history.

Illegal immigrant seamstress $8.88 /Hr.

DO YOU ALL SEE WHAT HE DID THERE? HE SLIPPED IN 88.. THE NAZI NUMBER. Every secret nazi throws it around when they think no one's looking. I'm onto you, NAZI !!!!111

Down with Murals.. I mean Nazis.. I.. Oh look, something in VR.. brb

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In response to the growing awareness that the first president, George Washington, was a slave owner, a growing movement has developed in the Bay Area where people are burning their one-dollar bills.

Merchants in the area have also started refusing to carry the disgusting notes and have raised their prices accordingly in order not to have to use the one-dollar bills.

Gov. Gavin Newsom has initiated a "Round Up To 5" Drive so that the one dollar bill can be effectively banned state-wide.

IMadeThisUp.com

Man, it would have cost maybe a dollar or two to buy a cheesy domain for a year, write up a snazzy html document, and link to a valid article - that you made up - to really see who falls for the cheese around here.

ahhahha.. but then, I have no life and like schadenfreude..
edit on 6-7-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
When we cover up and destroy history, we shall repeat these same mistakes again.

Which, makes a person wonder, if that's the reason these leftist idiots are doing it.

Maybe they think they can do all of that better, next time around.

Fred..

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
These liberal elitist academics believe they are smarter then everyone else and knows what's better for the deplorables.

And given the power and money through taxes and elections, they become extremely dangerous to everyone's way of life.

It's a very small group with no common sende

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Nothing says 4th of July like painting over a mural of George Washington

So people?

How do you learn from history when your continually white washing it?

Yep A lot of snip was done to the natives.

A lot of snip was done to non natives.

It's the 21st century.

Why are people repeating the same mistakes?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join