It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nike cancels Betsy Ross flag sneaker after Kaepernick speaks out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: uncommitted

a reply to: uncommitted

Your article also states that it's used by the state department for Veteran Affairs.

So because some Nazi's used it, it's a banned flag now?

Insane.

Who said the flag is banned? Nike made a commercial decision that a symbol associated with the American Nazi party wasn't something they wanted to promote. That's their decision, perhaps they were unaware of the association at the time of design?

Jesus!

Just because some Nazi's used it?

Like I said, Nazi's wore pants.

You going commando today? Or are you a Nazi?

Your deflection on some subjects is incredible isn't it? Of course being likened to a Nazi may not be an issue for you, it's nice we live in a world where you can express that isn't it.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
But remember, Kaepernick and his supporters don’t hate America!

They just want all of its symbols removed because America is racist

Well the American Nazi party was racist, anti semetic and whatever else you'd expect from a party that aligned itself with the German Nazi party, but you'd rather ignore that wouldn't you?

Ban the one of the flags of the founding of our country cause a bad guy used it once?

Unreal

Hey I saw some racists in hoods use the name “democrat” before. Why aren’t you demanded that group and their symbols no longer be used?

Oh and I’ve seen militant black nationalist celebrate Kaepernick so he shouldn’t be attached to products as well

But you would rather IGNORE those symbols of racism, wouldn’t you?

edit on 2-7-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Not deflecting, just comparing.

You claim that the flag, since used by a Nazi group is now "soiled" and should not be used.

You may not be insane, but your posts certainly are.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

After images of the shoe were posted online, Mr. Kaepernick, a Nike endorser, reached out to company officials saying that he and others felt the Betsy Ross flag is an offensive symbol because of its connection to an era of slavery, the people said. Some users on social media responded to posts about the shoe with similar concerns. Mr. Kaepernick declined to comment.

It’s because it’s from “an era of slavery” according to the article. Not because some Nazi knob gobblers co-opted it in the 80s.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Well the American Nazi party was racist, anti semetic and whatever else you'd expect from a party that aligned itself with the German Nazi party, but you'd rather ignore that wouldn't you?

Ban the one of the flags of the founding of our country cause a bad guy used it once?

Unreal

Hey I saw some racists in hoods use the name “democrat” before. Why aren’t you demanded that group and their symbols no longer be used?

Oh and I’ve seen militant black nationalist celebrate Kaepernick so he shouldn’t be attached to products as well

And you call me unreal? Was the American Nazi party one person who used that flag as a symbol just the once?

www.theatlantic.com...

See point 14. Like at that one bad guy standing there all on his own.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Not deflecting, just comparing.

You claim that the flag, since used by a Nazi group is now "soiled" and should not be used.

You may not be insane, but your posts certainly are.

Very interesting. Yes, something used and championed by a nazi party isn't necessarily something that would be good from a commercial aspect, why you think suggesting such is insane is slightly odd, but then again I'm thinking logically, you are trying to push this as such leftist plot
edit on 2-7-2019 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Unreal

And you call me unreal? Was the American Nazi party one person who used that flag as a symbol just the once?

www.theatlantic.com...

You h o see you IGNORED the racist symbolism and f Kaepernick and the democrats

You ought to be ashamed for endorsing this racism!

Or ...

It’s absurd to ban symbols, particularly ones of the founding of our country because a few jerks use them

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Unreal

www.theatlantic.com...

Or ...

It’s absurd to ban symbols, particularly ones of the founding of our country because a few jerks use them

Who has banned what? Ah, it's you isn't it, the person who loves to try and put words into other peoples mouths.

What has been banned and who by? You used the word so you must have an answer.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

I honestly dont care what any celeb6types have to say about anything. Shut up play your game, make your movie do whatever made you famous but shut up, their opinions mean nothing except to.the young and the stupid.
edit on 2-7-2019 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Unreal

www.theatlantic.com...

Or ...

Who has banned what? Ah, it's you isn't it, the person who loves to try and put words into other peoples mouths.

really?

Have you read the thread?

Nike (a HUGE multinational with a HUGE influence on society and culture - such as it is in 2019 America) removed a commercial product from stores because some dickhead thinks the Betsy Ross flag is "RACIST!"

There's the "what," and "by who[m]."

It's a hugely influential participant in our society - commercial and cultural - agreeing with said dickhead. That'd qualify as a "ban," in that Nike is removing a product due to political/societal concerns over our F'ing flag FFS.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Unreal

www.theatlantic.com...

Or ...

Nike banned the symbol from their shoes because Kaepernick thought it was racist

Now care to tell me why you endorse racism of the Democratic Party by not discussing at great length their parties symbols to the kkk?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

It because the flag was used during the time of slavery. The entire issue is dumb and just shows how sjws can scare a company into pushing their agenda.

The entire board at Nike was probably terrified they upset the sjw horde and their champion warrior back up Quarterback who had one good season.

Whats amazing is how this guy can influence a billion dollar company on what's right and wrong through the lense of revisionist history.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Unreal

www.theatlantic.com...

Or ...

Nike banned the symbol from their shoes because Kaepernick thought it was racist

Now care to tell me why you endorse racism of the Democratic Party by not discussing at great length their parties symbols to the kkk?

How exactly have they banned it? They have decided not to use it on a commercial product - how is that a ban?

Now care to tell me why you don't want to stick to the thread rather than trying to twist it to meet your personal narrative?

I didn't realise the American Nazi party had so many supporters on ATS, perhaps some other company will see a market opportunity and make the most of it.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Look I get it

You tolerant leftist are so welcoming that you need to justify demonizing the symols of the founding of the country

You need to call anyone who likes the Betsy Ross flag a Nazi sympathizer

Meanwhile you are silent in symbols on the left that have been connected to racist, such as the dnc symbols

You perfectly represent so many on the left that want to rewrite history to make American symbols be removed, and claim anyone who disagrees with you is a Nazi

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Kaepernick is a pos joke. It's been said before that Nike shoes are made in sweat shops but Kaepernick is ok with that as long as the checks are good. He is a hypocrite. Did t he once say it wasn't about the flag?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Look I get it

You tolerant leftist are so welcoming that you need to justify demonizing the symols of the founding of the country

You need to call anyone who likes the Betsy Ross flag a Nazi sympathizer

Meanwhile you are silent in symbols on the left that have been connected to racist, such as the dnc symbols

You perfectly represent so many on the left that want to rewrite history to make American symbols be removed, and claim anyone who disagrees with you is a Nazi

Why do you think I'm 'leftist'? I'm not the kind of pathetic individual who slaps labels on people. I'm not American (but I've told you that before, obviously to no avail), I was pointing out a fact - Nike are withdrawing a product which has connotations with the American Nazi party which as a private company is entirely in their purview.

You and others then make this out as some kind of anti leftist tirade because everything has to be doesn't it with some people.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Because this is for sure a progressive agenda push from a known leftist who's sponsored by Nike.

Betsy Ross flag isn't a nazi flag nor has is ever been one since it was made before nazi Germany.... Obviously. If you wanna link an American flag with thirteen stars instead of fifty to some kind of hate or bigotry go ahead but it's a massive reach and the outcry is the fear of a slippery slope where we ban everything.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Sure, your not the type of person to label others

I mean it’s not like you would label people supporters of Nazis just because they defend the Betsy Ross flag

Oh wait, that’s exactly what you did!

So not only are you a ridiculous person who wants to demonize anyone defending American symbols as a Nazi sympathizer

You are a liar as well!
edit on 2-7-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'll never buy another pair of nike shoes.

The last couple pair fell apart and throw on their politics and it's a done deal.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I'll never buy another pair of nike shoes.

The last couple pair fell apart and throw on their politics and it's a done deal.

I play pickup basketball at lunch with the same group of guys 3-4 days a week. There have been three separate incidents of somebody's Nike's falling apart during play. Two had there shoe rip right at the seam of the sole (like what happened to Zion Williamson) and another had their sole tear completely off the shoe.

I've been wearing a few generations of the Adidas Dame Lillard's the past few years with no issues at all. Nike is junk now.
edit on 2-7-2019 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join