It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are we going as a country?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I've been concerned some time about the future of my country, The United(?) States Of America. We have been and continue to be so divided. People are sniping at each other, so many personal attacks. So many lies. So much name calling. I am a Navy veteran who served my country for 20 years. I then served for my county government, and recently retired after 22+ years of service. So I am all about helping and serving others. I have been called every name in the book for my political beliefs.

What I'm desperately trying to figure out is are we going to fall apart and crumble as a country? I am 55 years old, and am scared to death at what I'm seeing. We seem to be on the brink of civil war. I care deeply. I just want to see us all United and see some stability. What we have now is a total cluster****. No more checks and balances. Just a series of executive orders by a narcisstic unstable man. I am not the only frightened one. I don't know what I can do other than vote and pray.

I just hope others vote and really think of the future. I hope I'm not the only one who gives a damn.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
Just a series of executive orders by a narcisstic unstable man.

And there it is.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Look to Cuba or Venezuela for examples of where we're heading if the leftists get their way.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Every person on this site has been watching these disgusting people debate how best to destroy the nation

The lack of votes for them in the election will show you the direction America is headed

Not down the toilet like the dEms want

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Sounds like you are concerned about America doing a whole lot better for everyone at the expense of your personal political leanings.

Political leanings that are the entire reason for the current division in this country.

A political ideology that wants to "fundamentally transform" something that you took an oath to protect against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Perhaps you need to take a long hard look at what it is you think America actually is.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

So disappointing that you are wrong on all counts. You don't know me.

I stand by everything I say.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

So disappointing that you are wrong on all counts. You don't know me.

I stand by everything I say.

I read your post and replied to it.

I don't need to know you to know you are on the wrong side of history.

To each their own... but for me I'm going to stand by my Oath.

You do what you feel you need to... but I can understand now why you're scared.

The logistics are not in your favor at all.

edit on 27-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

We realize that leftists are uninformed and just parrot what the media tells them.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

If you always side on the side of the Constitution, you'll never go wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wiser words have never been spoken on ATS.

Are you feeling okay?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Wiser words have never been spoken on ATS.

Are you feeling okay?

Gunther, my sad German intern, had just finished sponging my man-boobs so I was in a good mood.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

That always leaves me feeling great too.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The media has its finger on the pulse of America. They know how to manipulate people and they have done a damn fine job of it. They've done such a fine job in fact that people are ready and willing to continue the divide and conquer campaign with a smile on their face without even realizing that they are part of the problem.

Oh well, what can you do? They control every aspect of our society and will never let go short of nuking everything into oblivion. Change for the greater good will never happen under their watch, the system is corrupt to its very core and foundation. The only way to change things is for the system to be rebooted entirely. Power is a hell of a drug and the current system will only breed more corruption until it collapses.
edit on 6/27/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Just a series of executive orders by a narcisstic unstable man.

And there it is.

Yep! Orange man bad!

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The media has its finger on the pulse of America.

Is that why many online news outlets are laying off it's employees as they hurdle toward bankruptcy? Despite large influxes of money from "investors" seeking to keep their propaganda channel alive?

Is that why the bulk of stalwart MSM cable outlets are shedding viewership as the overall pool of viewers dwindle?

Those facts would seem to imply the opposite, thankfully.
edit on 27-6-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Turn off CNN and MSNBC. To hear them tell it we have three different factions fighting a hot war against each other.

Lies. No one is fighting a war. There won't be a war. You may not believe me, I don't care, but look into your soul and see the lies they are telling you. You don't have to like President Trump. You don't have to listen to President Trump. Turn away from the anti-Trumpers, Never-Trumpers, Orange Man Bad naysayers, and those with Trump Derangement Syndrome. Clear the hate and disrespect from your mind.

Look at The United States' situation objectively and with clear eyes and thoughts. Don't let the anti-Trumpers nor the Pro-Trump crowd cloud YOUR judgement. Now. Do your research. Use a search engine thats not going to give you biased answers.
Ask truthful questions of people who will tell you the truth.

Ask yourself this first question. Is my life better or worse under this presidents administration?

Ask yourself another question. Has the Main Stream Media lied to me and tried to sway my opinion without showing me both sides of the story?

Now. Ask regular people how they are living today as compared to four years ago. Tell them to tell the truth and not what the MSM talking points for the day are. You can tell the difference.

I think the answers will surprise and amaze you...

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
We're not going anywhere we haven't been. This country has never been anything but the loudest voices in the room. Occasionally they have been great and other times they've been rotten. We're going wherever the tide carries us.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Civil war?
Really?
Howso?
One side has guns the other does not.
How would this civil war work ?
Seriously chief.
I served, as did my father and brother.
Ctm, Rm, and Ao respectively.

How will a civil war work ?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The country went to hell long before this president. It is only getting worse as time goes on.

The patriot act is the very opposite of what a patriot would tolerate yet no one cares now. Trickle down economics before that. Secret wars waged by proxies, actual wars waged for profit of the MIC, the fed, lobbyists, and a public that stands by letting it all happen.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Civil war?
Really?
Howso?
One side has guns the other does not.
How would this civil war work ?
Seriously chief.
I served, as did my father and brother.
Ctm, Rm, and Ao respectively.

How will a civil war work ?

Let me see...

One side has the Presidency (CIC), command of the entire military and 80,000,000 pissed off citizens with weaponry.

The other side has safe rooms, sky screaming and vagina hats.

Oh! And the media.

How WOULD that go?

Are they going to field an army of rainbow-clad triggered social justice warriors, armed with dildos, bongs and bike locks?

The only reason the left hasn't already taken over the country by force is because they can't... so they have to keep selling the same lies with really loud voices and it doesn't work anymore.

So let's let them keep screaming until they are no longer heard and keep going.

In an upward direction for all the citizenry like we are now.

edit on 27-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join