It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knitting community bans posts supporting Trump - such posts are support for white supremacy

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

well kind of objectifies women implying that they are just a sex organ? possibly "hate speech" to trans people who may not have a vagina like they feel they should if they are economically disadvantaged enough to not be able to afford transition surgery , could be offensive to those who don't wanna see vaginas plastered every where at protests . people of color could be offended that white people wearing them marginalizes their voices as so far they are all pink vs all colors of the rainbow

www.freep.com...

The reason: The sentiment that the pink pu**syhat excludes and is offensive to transgender women and gender nonbinary people who don't have typical female genitalia and to women of color because their genitals are more likely to be brown than pink. "I personally won’t wear one because if it hurts even a few people's feelings, then I don't feel like it’s unifying," said Phoebe Hopps, founder and president of Women's March Michigan and organizer of anniversary marches Jan. 21 in Lansing and Marquette. "I care more about mobilizing people to the polls than wearing one hat one day of the year."

For over a year, Black women, women of color, and the Black and brown LGBTQ community have watched white feminists resist the inclusion of non-white cis and trans women in virtually ever communal space — both online and offline. We watched white women claim corn rows, #metoo, and Doug Jones, never once paying proper homage. We don’t expect them to care about the shivering Black children in Baltimore classrooms. We know damn well they don’t care about how or why so many Black women are fighting for our lives in delivery rooms. Most don’t even know there is a trans community let alone stay in-the-know as to what’s going on in it. The only thing white feminists have added to this resistance is poor fashion — safety pins, pu**y hats, and 42 ACLU bumper stickers on the back of their Prius. They think they’re really doing something. Soon enough, they’re going to look back and realize they were batting for the wrong team.
so yeah so much for all inclusive, i wonder if they realize the damage and hurt they are doing to women of color and non binary folks by supporting such hateful messages that are not inclusive
i mean that site calls them the new confederate flag for white feminists i guess its the MAGA hat of the left now least by how they treat orange mans red hats

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Oh believe me, as a Christian conservative, I am well aware of what it feels like to be the target of hatred and scorn from a broad section of the populace and culture. Don't tell me otherwise.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh believe me, as a Christian conservative, I am well aware of what it feels like to be the target of hatred and scorn from a broad section of the populace and culture. Don't tell me otherwise.

Are you speaking politically or religiously? Both are rife with hate.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Be who you want, do what you want, etc., etc., just as long as it's exactly like us. That's social inclusion and progress according to SJWs.

Heretics will be burned at the stake for daring to be different. But that's called hate today, isn't it?

No, hate is quite distinct to those that are receiving it.

Exactly.

So how do you think non white supremacist Trump supporters feel?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Be who you want, do what you want, etc., etc., just as long as it's exactly like us. That's social inclusion and progress according to SJWs.

Heretics will be burned at the stake for daring to be different. But that's called hate today, isn't it?

No, hate is quite distinct to those that are receiving it.

Exactly.

So how do you think non white supremacist Trump supporters feel?

I don't know, I can't ask them. Nor can I ask the other members there what they feel about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

It was a rhetorical question.

But if you're really interested, I'm not at all offended.

If anything I feel sorry for you. I truly do.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It was a rhetorical question.

But if you're really interested, I'm not at all offended.

If anything I feel sorry for you. I truly do.

I am not here to offend, I am here to learn and help others learn. If you feel sorry for me, they your feelings are misguided as are your opinions on this matter.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
ricochet.com... well some people have started a email writing campain so that may be why they aren't commenting

This is disgraceful. Ravelry is perfectly within its rights to require that its members remove overtly political messages from their patterns, comments and projects. To say that NO political messages of any kind, in support of any candidate (Trump, Biden, Weld, Obama, Sanders, Clinton . . . ) are permitted or supported on the site. You could go further, and say that no overt support of any social or political agenda of any kind is permitted. You could say that no patterns, comments or projects projecting any sort of racist or bigoted, or divisive points of view are allowed on the site. And if Ravelry would like to criticize Donald Trump, the politician, as someone it does not care to support, it may do that too. And whether or not I agreed with your stance, I’d respect it. But Ravelry has crossed the line. To state unambiguously that Donald Trump’s supporters are all white supremacists is a disgusting and libelous falsehood. That is the statement that Ravelry has no business making. My personal political opinions don’t and shouldn’t, matter to you. I don’t put them on Ravelry, and no-one else should either. (I’m not even an American Citizen so I can’t even vote.) But if this policy isn’t reversed, I’ll be cancelling my Ravelry membership. I don’t go to Ravelry for the politics, and I won’t be staying around for the insults. I’m not going to support or participate in an organization that disrespects and calumniates tens of millions of people, a few of whom are my friends, and who I know perfectly well are not white supremacists, or any sort of bigots, in this way. Your entirely inappropriate, disgusting, libelous, false statement, needs to be expunged from Ravelry’s site. Immediately if not sooner. I’m looking forward to your response, which I hope will be that you have re-written your policy in a fair and non-partisan way that doesn’t egregiously insult a considerable proportion of your membership, good people who have done nothing to deserve it, who are not in the least racist, who don’t have a white supremacist bone in their bodies, and who, along with you, condemn bigotry in all its forms, but who nevertheless happen to support a politician you don’t approve of, for reasons you can’t be bothered to understand. You are the bigots here. You are the ones maligning millions of innocents, for the despicable actions of a few. You are the ones who should be ashamed. And yes, I’ll say it, because as a foreigner, perhaps I expect more from the citizens of this great country than they sometimes expect of themselves: You are unAmerican. Please correct this egregious overreach, and do it swiftly. The personal opinions of your members are none of your business, and you should respect that. I only wish I didn’t know your own opinions now, or the contempt that you have for a large proportion of your membership, and the lengths to which you’re willing to go to make that contempt known publicly. I hope you can summon the common sense and intestinal fortitude to right this appalling wrong. You should be ashamed of yourselves. RightWingKnitJob, TKGA member and Ravelry member (for now)
never heard of the site before but the comments section is a hoot

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
www.bookwormroom.com... guess this isnt the first time raverly has tangled with conservatives according to this page they didnt like mcain back in the day either

In 2009, Ravelry first silenced, then banned conservatives. To prepare for 2020, it’s resurrecting the playbook, as are other social media sites.
long read but more of the same back from 2009

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
www.bookwormroom.com... guess this isnt the first time raverly has tangled with conservatives according to this page they didnt like mcain back in the day either

In 2009, Ravelry first silenced, then banned conservatives. To prepare for 2020, it’s resurrecting the playbook, as are other social media sites.
long read but more of the same back from 2009

Again, we don't have all the information as to whether or not they were using their platform for a political agenda.
edit on 16CDT09America/Chicago04090930 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

What about those who support Biden, Harris, Sanders etal?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

What about those who support Biden, Harris, Sanders etal?

What about them. Are you asking in the context of political posts on the Ravelry forum where political posts are not permitted? What are you asking?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
They openly stated that ‘support of President Trump is definitely support of white supremacy’

What a disgusting group of people.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
They openly stated that ‘support of President Trump is definitely support of white supremacy’

I think it's great not to support white supremacy.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Not surprisingly, you're missing the point -- yet again.

The problem here is equating Trump support to white supremacy. Do you not see the problem here, or are you unable to see beyond Orange Man Bad?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

So do all Trump supporters

I think it’s great to not lie like a leftist and label people who are not white supremists as white supremists

Support for Trump is most definitely NOT support for white supremacy

Liar

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

It's a question directed towards this comment of yours...

that includes everyone who supports and who does not support the POTUS!!!!

What I read on Ravelry last night sounds like ONLY Trump support is being censored.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Not surprisingly, you're missing the point -- yet again.

The problem here is equating Trump support to white supremacy. Do you not see the problem here, or are you unable to see beyond Orange Man Bad?

It is more likely that the members posting their political hate posts were connecting Trump's policies in there.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

It's a question directed towards this comment of yours...

that includes everyone who supports and who does not support the POTUS!!!!

What I read on Ravelry last night sounds like ONLY Trump support is being censored.

Well how do we know unless we ask the moderators there. If their rules say no political posts, then does it not stand to reason that all political posts are banned?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

So do all Trump supporters

I think it’s great to not lie like a leftist and label people who are not white supremists as white supremists

Support for Trump is most definitely NOT support for white supremacy

Liar

Liar Liar...isn't there a song about that.

Well, support for trump may not be support for white supremacy, but it seems white supremacists posting on that forum most definitely think he is.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join