It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knitting community bans posts supporting Trump - such posts are support for white supremacy

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Well, you may have something there Inthelight

Glad to see you disagree with the knitting forum moderators who equate Trump supporters with racism.
edit on 24 6 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Glad to see you disagree with the knitting forum moderators who equate Trump supporters with racism.

I don't know whether or not they are racists...I haven't read their posts to make that determination.

link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Ravelry mixed it up in this fracas too. A woman wrote a blog about finally getting to go to India, a lifelong dream, to explore the colors and textiles, etc., and knitting community went into a rage over her entitlement and white privilege and colonialism.

Ravelry featured prominently in the attack.

link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Maybe because the letter singles out all Trump supporters?

We are banning support of Donald Trump and his administration on Ravelry. We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy. Support of the Trump administration is unambiguously support for white supremacy.

www.ravelry.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Ravelry mixed it up in this fracas too. A woman wrote a blog about finally getting to go to India, a lifelong dream, to explore the colors and textiles, etc., and knitting community went into a rage over her entitlement and white privilege and colonialism.

Ravelry featured prominently in the attack.

Yes, and it was explained thoroughly what the problem was, did everyone reading that article skim over that part?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

We are banning support of Donald Trump and his administration on Ravelry. We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy. Support of the Trump administration is unambiguously support for white supremacy.

www.ravelry.com...

The squeekiest wheel gets the grease.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I don't know whether or not they are racists...I haven't read their posts to make that determination.

The moderators said “support for Trump is definitely support for white supremacy”

NOBODY agrees with that idiotic statement

Even you. Even sillyolme

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

What she was guilty of being excited while white?

If her skin color had not been white, would that post still have been such an enormous thought crime?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

www.ravelry.com...

You'd be much better off just coming out and saying you're fine with censoring Trump supporters and that you believe all Trump supporters are racist white supremacists.

All this playing dumb and doubling down that you're doing...

No comment.

And with that being said, I'm outta here!

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

www.ravelry.com...

You'd be much better off just coming out and saying you're fine with censoring Trump supporters and that you believe all Trump supporters are racist white supremacists.

All this playing dumb and doubling down that you're doing...

“Oh, what a tangled sweater we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”...…...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
People complain about bias in Twitter Facebook Google etc. And the argument is that these are private entities, so blocking/censoring is OK. Aren’t diners private entities as well? ‘60s Civil Rights diner sit ins? People who make cakes? I don’t understand the difference as to why one is wrong and not the other when it’s the same thing. I guess you’re just supposed to shut up and take the one sided view. Who are the facists again?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Word...

I guess that means the United States is a white supremacist nation?

Took some type of majority of us, to support a Trump presidency... Or uh... It wouldn't be the presidency that happened...

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I am a member there and they have a forum, so I can only think that some members were using their platform for their political agenda.

If you like swastika patterns go somewhere else.

Funny, since Godwin himself stated that calling Trump supporters Nazis was ok, since they are, for all intents and purposes Nazis, white supremacists, or at least, fellow travelers and sympathizers.

As to the OP, I'm not sure what the problem is. The site did not ban Trumpists. It banned people from using it to push their politics. It's a knitting club. You want to wax your love for your Mango Mussolini, go to 4chan.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
if this " knitting forum " - has inded 8 million members then assuming that political affiliations match the " general pop " - then the community could handle a schism - with both a brakaway group - [ trump supportes allowed ] and the origional group - both having the base required for survival

its one way to " solve " the problem

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Hahahahaha, you progressives are like a comedy show that never ends. My Asian first generation immigrant wife who came here on a green card is a white supremacist Nazi. Hahahahaha. Do you even listen to yourself?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

According to that knitting forum all it takes is supporting Trump, and you are racist. Either you agree with them or you do not.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Many traditional techniques used in the creation of fabrics have been forgotten as mechanisation took over. A man once suggested on Ravelry that yarn may historically have been washed on the niddy noddy. He was astounded at the vile insults he received for merely making that suggestion. He felt the fact he is male had a lot to do with it. Ravelry seems to be dominated by hateful, sexist women.

A niddy noddy is used to wind yarn into skeins. Washing yarn on the niddy noddy then hanging it up to dry could have made the process quicker. It's reasonable to think it may have been done sometimes. Just don't suggest it on Ravelry if you're male.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File
ieter_Pietersz._Old_Man_with_a_Niddy_Noddy.jpg

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I am a member there and they have a forum, so I can only think that some members were using their platform for their political agenda.

If you like swastika patterns go somewhere else.

Funny, since Godwin himself stated that calling Trump supporters Nazis was ok, since they are, for all intents and purposes Nazis, white supremacists, or at least, fellow travelers and sympathizers.

So what is your point?
Mike Godwin is a Leftist hypocrite...as is the individual here to whom the meme was heretofore addressed.

LOGICAL FALLACY/

"A logical fallacy is a false statement that weakens an argument by distorting an issue, drawing false conclusions, misusing evidence, or misusing language."

www.thoughtco.com...

GODWIN'S LAW

Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies) is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"; that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Adolf Hitler or his deeds, the point at which effectively the discussion or thread often ends.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_law

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So as a member of Ravelry, I visited there and it is sublimely back to a welcoming and safe place of knitting and crocheting that it should have always been. No politics, no religious preaching - no harassing of LGBTQ people - just knits and pearls. No more pearls before swine.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

So as a member of Ravelry, I visited there and it is sublimely back to a welcoming and safe place of knitting and crocheting that it should have always been. No politics, no religious preaching - no harassing of LGBTQ people - just knits and pearls. No more pearls before swine.

Don't you mean: "No more PURLS before swine"?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join