It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Boy suspended from school for saying there are ‘only two genders’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: projectvxn

It was a accident,but hey keep trolling.

Disagreeing with you isn't trolling.

Go back to reddit where your BS will be incessantly upvoted without any criticism.

No,but the insulting me was trolling. All you had to say was i just disagree. If you would actually talk to someone instead of loling at my understanding, my tone would be more open to your ideas. And im not a reddit poster.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: Boadicea

**Civil disobedience**

I really hope so. I hope this trans BS really kicks off a movement for parents to start searching for alternatives to public education. Then they need to pass mandates that allow tax money that would normally go to these brainwashing institutions to be redirected towards the private schools, basically have the tax money follow the students. They will start to flourish.

You and me both! And the good news is that the homeschooling population is growing:

Currently, there are approximately 2.2 million home-educated children in the United States.

Over the past few years the homeschooled population has grown at a rate of approximately 8 percent per annum.

I don't know how much it has to do with the Trans Activism, but this is just the latest political nonsense pervading our schools. If my kids were still in school, I know I'd already be homeschooling.

The only way these brainwashing institutions get away with this crap is because they have no accountability and minimal competition. There are very few options to people with limited funds.

Exactly. They have a captive audience. And a very impressionable one.

Then we can simply let reality show which system goes against sanity by the adults those systems produce.

And that's one of the beauties of having effectively 50+ "laboratories" (states) doing different things, allowing everyone to learn from and build on each other's failures AND successes. As opposed to the Fed-mandated one-size-fits-all approach to education (and indoctrination).

But I guess that doesn't make us good sheep that are easily ruled over. Nevermind.

Nope! That would make us exactly the opposite!!! Gosh darn uppity citizens who don't recognize that we're expected to be subjects... grumble grumble...

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

No,but the insulting me was trolling.

Point out where I insulted you?

All you had to say was i just disagree.

I challenged your position which is absurd at best. Laughing was the nicest thing I could do.

If you would actually talk to someone instead of loling at my understanding, my tone would be more open to your ideas.

You came at this so matter-of-fact and you expected me to do anything but "lol" at your ludicrous position? A position you are touting as scientific, yet offered NOTHING to back it up except for neo-feminist essays?

The pressure to be "inclusive" is astoundingly immense. But we all have to draw the line somewhere. This is it. What we are doing is dangerous to women and children and there is more than enough evidence to show this.

Trans activism is an illegitimate philosophical construct that truncates science and manipulates the feelings of good-natured people in order to coddle a mental illness that victimizes children, marginalizes and usurps real women and their accomplishments, and creates societal divisions that would otherwise not exist.

Nothing about this is ok anymore. I'm done playing this stupid game.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!
Nor will bickering be tolerated!!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Well you did insult me to occams on page 2, specifically my intelligence...but im not reporting it because im not like others here.

I did find some reputable sources for you too.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

sitn.hms.harvard.edu...

There are parts in the harvard article showing brain differences as well in trans people as well.
Personally i dont want to be treated special. I know who I am and feel and accept it but i will not force myself on anyone.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Mental gender lol.

Whatever you say. You make a mockery of science with your trans activist bull#.

www.scienceabc.com...

Next time do some research before you speak.

I am doing my research.

Biology has disproven the belief that women are broken versions of men.In fact, the 23rd chromosome looks like XX in females and XY in males and the Y looks more like an X with a missing leg than a Y.Ironically, science has shown that males are broken or variant versions of females and the more X traits males have the better their health and longevity.

mymission.lamission.edu...
edit on 16CDT11America/Chicago043111130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Check the new links please, and thanks for the polite reply.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So to me I find it hard to believe that the actual reason he was suspended was for saying there are only two genders but rather for videoing this conversation secretly with the teacher and then posting it online, that is why I think he has actually been suspended, that and perhaps his disruptive behaviour. This bod was clearly just looking for an argument, comes across like they teenage boy who thinks he knows everything there is to know. The media however I suspect might be twisting this slightly in the context of the conversation he and the teacher where having. I know that teachers being secretly filmed and having the footage shared online is something schools are trying to clam down on and honestly it makes more sense this is what he was suspended for.

Now let me be clear however, if it is the case that the pupil has been suspended just because he argued that there are only two genders then yes, he should never have been suspended but like I say I think here is actually more to it than that.

I also think that both parties in relation to the pupils views on gender are wrong and its a frustration that I often have when trying to debate this issue online. The pupil is wrong, there are multiple genders but the teacher does a piss-poor job of explaining why.

Gender is not the same a biologically assigned sex, gender is an entirely social construct as such there can be more than two genders however there cannot be more than two biologically assigned sex's. It's such a simple reality that many people just totally misunderstand and use the words "gender" and "sex" interchangeably when they actually mean very different things.
edit on 23-6-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
To start with... Total bollox, he wasn't suspended for the view he expressed it was the volatile and combative manner he did it, calling names loud rude and abusive.. Regardless of the subject he'd get suspended for that, "I don't like chocolate icecream you c@"t"is not exactly debate..
Secondly, a more serious issue , is that trans is not "an issue" in uk or most of the world... It's a personal issue that ppl are left to get on with.. This current trend of US pushing they're own freak show ( the media hype.. Not the issue) is utter sh@te .. And not something most normal people are buying into.. Keep ur agenda.. Not every opinion has to become a binding UN resolution!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Check the new links please, and thanks for the polite reply.

Just jumping off your sources.

Wow...just, wow.

MNT asked Dr. Hudry whether, if a person is female, for example, the entirety of that person's organs would be female, or might there be some male organs or organs with male traits? He replied that the results emphasize the problem of sex being defined in binary terms, in other words, simplified to male and female. He went on to explain that sex can be defined on different levels: chromosomal sex, cellular sex, tissue sex and organismal sex. Just as people may have different levels of male and female hormones, creating a kind of male-female continuum, so too with cellular sex. Depending on genetic activity, he explained, stem cells can present a male or female identity. He added: "Mosaicism can exist at cellular level: XX individuals could have some cells behaving like XY cells. So yes, females can have organs presenting male traits because of sexual cellular mosaicism."

"This study shows that there is a wider spectrum than just two sexes. You can be chromosomally, hormonally or phenotypically female but still having some specific adult stem cells (here the stem cells of the intestine) acting like male. So it is hard to say if someone is "really" male or female. Some people are simply a mosaic of male and female cells within a phenotypically 'male' or 'female' body."

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Being taught an opinion and being told that opinion is true and that you will accept that opinion as true is improper.

You know that.

There is no scientific basis beyond conjecture to suppose that there are more than two biological sexes outside of those rare individuals who have chromosomal abnormalities, and you also know that this is not about those rare individuals or else the teaching would be presented as such, but it's not. It's presented as what you feel and think and believe about yourself, not about what your chromosomal makeup actually is.

What I feel, think, and believe is my opinion. What you feel, think, and believe is your opinion. Like it or not, what any person feels, thinks, and believes about what gender they ought to be regardless of the actual makeup of their sex chromosomes is their opinion. Many people like to cling to their opinion as a matter of absolute faith.

When it comes to Russian Collusion, we know you do.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Well you did insult me to occams on page 2,

Edit: No I didn't. Once again I attacked your sources.

You just used the same guy with many of the same sources.

There are parts in the harvard article showing brain differences as well in trans people as well.

No one is arguing this. I've been saying that the transsexual individual is mentally ill. According to your article, they make up about.3% of the population, which jives with my calculations as well. In fact, what you posted makes the case that transgendered people are likely a genetic aberration that should be treated rather than coddled, considering the myriad of mental and physical health issues that transgendered individuals suffer from.

Of course, it doesn't frame the argument in that way as they considered that view to be "discriminatory" rather than a natural conclusion to the actual data presented. It's disheartening to see scientists perform mental gymnastics in order to not offend people.

edit on 23 6 19 by projectvxn because: Removed a line because not the mudpit

edit on 23 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You might not like this but facts are facts and gender dysphoria is actually a condition that describes an individual whose biologically assigned sex does not match with how they identify their gender. It is recognised as a medical condition and not a mental illness although the distressing feelings that come with gender dysmorphia often lead to mental illnesses such as depression.

Again you're entitled to have an opinion on what gender is and is not but you need to recognise when your opinion is at odds with the widely accepted scientific and medical fact that gender is not the same as biologically assigned sex.
edit on 23-6-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

OK, the problem with just "showing brain differences" is that it very much can be a chicken/egg sort of thing. You can create brain differences by using your brain in a different way either because you're forced to or because you make a concerted effort to.

What do you think physical therapy for a stroke victim is for? You're retraining your brain and creating new pathways for your brain to work around the ones the stroke destroyed. The brain can be incredibly plastic that way.

Just scanning people who are already well down the path of being trans and reporting their brains are different doesn't tell us how those differences got there. It doesn't tell us if they're trans because those differences were always there or if being trans made those differences happen over a slow progression.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You might not like this but facts are facts and gender dysmorphia is actually a condition that describes an individual whose biologically assigned sex does not match with how they identify their gender.

I am not arguing that transgendered people aren't a genetic aberration that leads to mental illness and physical symptoms of dysphoria.

Again you're entitled to have an opinion on what gender is and is not but you need to recognise when your opinion is at odds with the widely accepted scientific and medical fact that gender is not the same as biologically assigned sex.

My opinion is NOT at odds with this at all. I haven't disagreed with this view. Please show that.

What I am saying is that there are only TWO genders.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The suicide rate among transgenders is loads higher than other groups.
The idea that it's not considered a mental disorder is baffling.
Political correctness influencing science is causing great damage.

link   

So exactly what I've been saying for some time... we are all a combination of "male" and "female" factors -- chromosomes, hormones, etc. -- in varying amounts and proportions and ratios, with each of us being a unique and glorious whole.... perfectly imperfect creations.

Therefore, it is impossible to quantify any such thing as an isolated and independent "gender;" it is only possible to quantify one's type of reproductive system... not a few isolated bits and parts. But an intricate and complex system, marked by specific internal and external organs. The former ("gender") is intangible and subjective... the latter (sex) is tangible and objective.

link   

Just to be clear then you recognise that:

1. Biological sex and gender are different, that is to say, 2 biological sex's but multiple genders.

2. That Gender Dysmorphia is not a mental illness.

Sorry your views on this seem to be evolving as the thread goes, which is a good thing, am just trying to understand your point of view.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Again... A yank thing... The rest of us are popcorn.. I'm sick of listening to non trans arguing about trans issues...

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You might not like this but facts are facts and gender dysmorphia is actually a condition that describes an individual whose biologically assigned sex does not match with how they identify their gender. It is recognised as a medical condition and not a mental illness although the distressing feelings that come with gender dysmorphia often lead to mental illnesses such as depression.

I would like to point out that none of what you just said disagrees much with what we're saying -- you are either biologically male or female. No matter what you may think, feel, or believe about yourself, you cannot change that fact, and pointing to the rare people who have chromosomal abnormalities to try to justify your thoughts, feelings, and beliefs when your own chromosomes are normal won't change things either.

Having a genetically normal body is not a medical condition.

Thinking, feeling, and believing that you should be something other than you are is a mental condition, seated in your brain.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join