It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Boy suspended from school for saying there are ‘only two genders’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: projectvxn

I do not support the usurpation of real women for fake sense of inclusiveness.

Thank you.

"Gender" has been literally re-defined in my lifetime, with the attempt to re-define "woman" in a man's image in accordance with some of the worst stereotypes, and thus un-defining every woman in the process!

But we are still here!!!

The current effort to usurp our rights, privacy, safety and dignity was and is my red line. (Well, one of three actually).

Yes, we are still here and so are the trans women - there you have two separate definitions.

Two separate definitions?! How can that be when we're being forced to treat them as the same exact thing.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The dictionary definition of gender has been altered too.

Language evolves over time, its just how it works, new words get added, definitions evolve. Doesn't make the new ones wrong or the old ones for that matter (which were right in their time) its just the evolving nature of language.

If the old definitions aren't wrong, then this kid wasn't wrong either.

Note that I say they were right in their time....

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Here you go, there is more but I doubt you’ll find any papers/studies that will state it is being allowed to happen.

The researchers bought more than 450 plastic items from stores including Walmart and Whole Foods. They chose products designed to come in contact with food — things like baby bottles, deli packaging and flexible bags, says George Bittner, one of the study's authors and a professor of biology at the University of Texas, Austin. Then CertiChem, a testing company founded by Bittner, chopped up pieces of each product and soaked them in either saltwater or alcohol to see what came out. The testing showed that more than 70 percent of the products released chemicals that acted like estrogen. And that was before they exposed the stuff to re

source

ETA
I very much doubt this was known about when plastics were first introduced, but when it was known about very little was done and only certain plastics were blamed such as BPA. considering how long this has been known I can only conclude it’s considered acceptable or even advantageous to those with the leverage to change things.
edit on 23-6-2019 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Thank you.

"Gender" has been literally re-defined in my lifetime, with the attempt to re-define "woman" in a man's image in accordance with some of the worst stereotypes, and thus un-defining every woman in the process!

But we are still here!!!

The current effort to usurp our rights, privacy, safety and dignity was and is my red line. (Well, one of three actually).

Yes, we are still here and so are the trans women - there you have two separate definitions.

Two separate definitions?! How can that be when we're being forced to treat them as the same exact thing.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything, just to treat them with respect and dignity. And most of all understanding. Read the science and try to keep an open mind.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Exactly -- two separate and distinct definitions and therefore peoples.

Everyone, and especially Trans Activists and advocates, need to acknowledge this and stop trying to hijack women's rights and protections.

Trans Activists and advocates need to rally for their own separate and distinct rights, spaces, safety and dignity.

If/when this happens, current "enemies" may very well become allies again.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Thank you.

But we are still here!!!

Nobody is forcing you to do anything, just to treat them with respect and dignity. And most of all understanding. Read the science and try to keep an open mind.

Respect is a two-way street.

When they respect our privacy and our spaces, we'll talk about theirs, but their spaces are not ours because they are not us.

You said it yourself: two separate and distinct peoples.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If he was being disruptive then good. Just because someone says something you agree with doesn't mean they were in the right.

What's sad is that if this kid was actually in the wrong and was being an asshole to the teacher and genuinely disrupting the class then we have a lot of people reinforcing that type of behavior in him.

There's more to this than a simple disagreement and I think everyone in here knows that, they just let their partisanship get in the way of seeing it, as evidenced by the numerous buzzwords and insults being thrown at those who don't take the story in the OP at face value.
edit on 6/23/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Here you go, there is more but I doubt you’ll find any papers/studies that will state it is being allowed to happen.

The researchers bought more than 450 plastic items from stores including Walmart and Whole Foods. They chose products designed to come in contact with food — things like baby bottles, deli packaging and flexible bags, says George Bittner, one of the study's authors and a professor of biology at the University of Texas, Austin. Then CertiChem, a testing company founded by Bittner, chopped up pieces of each product and soaked them in either saltwater or alcohol to see what came out. The testing showed that more than 70 percent of the products released chemicals that acted like estrogen. And that was before they exposed the stuff to re

source

Alarming to say the least, thanks. Here is another read.

The Issue of Endocrine Disruption During the last decade, many products in common use (e.g. plastics, pesticides, cosmetics, food additives) have been reported to contain or release chemicals (termed endocrine disruptors) that affect hormonal functions. The most common form of such endocrine disruptor activity is estrogenic activity, which can cause significant adverse effects on many physiological and behavioral activities of mammals, including humans (NRC, 1999). In fetal, post-natal, and/or pre-pubertal mammals, very low concentrations (nanomolar to picomolar) of chemicals with estrogenic activity can alter rates of growth, time to sexual maturation, aggressive behaviors, learning abilities, sexual orientations, prostate and ovarian functions, and male sperm count.

certichem.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Thank you.

But we are still here!!!

I think this is a fundamental core of this entire debate that gets forgotten.

The expectation isn't that people will conform and adopt the whole LBTQT rights quest themselves, its not about expecting you to raise your kid as a dude who on a Friday calls himself Amy, its not about flying a rainbow flag. What its really about is just treating everyone regardless of what you might think about their gender with respect and dignity with a wee tad of understanding.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How many of the kids who walked out for gun violence got suspended I wonder?

Middle-school students suspended after gun-violence walkout www.azcentral.com...< br />

About 40 Scottsdale middle-school students were suspended for leaving campus after a walkout protesting gun violence on Tuesday.

Sayreville High School students walk out after school threatens to suspend protesters www.mycentraljersey.com...

"The principal brought us back inside and told us to go the front desk to sign back into the school," she said.
According to Sierra, the students were informed that they would receive two days of out-of-school suspension for walking out.

Texas School District Will Suspend Students Who Walk Out To Protest Gun Laws www.newsweek.com...

"Please be advised that the Needville ISD will not allow a student demonstration during school hours for any type of protest or awareness," Rhodes said in letter, seen by The Chronicle.
"Should students choose to do so, they will be suspended from school for 3 days and face all the consequences that come along with an out of school suspension," he added.

St Louis School SUSPENDS All Students Walking Out For Gun Control www.spartareport.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

No one is making those arguments though. I press you to find them in this thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Thank you.

But we are still here!!!

Respect is a two-way street.

When they respect our privacy and our spaces, we'll talk about theirs, but their spaces are not ours because they are not us.

You said it yourself: two separate and distinct peoples.

The problem is that if they have transformed into the physicality of a woman, then they are indeed a trans woman, therefore the definition of woman applies, albiet transformed woman.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

No one is making those arguments though. I press you to find them in this thread.

I never said anyone was making those arguments on this thread.

Why are you suggesting that I did?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I might be baffling to you but its the view of the scientific and medical community that gender dysmorphia is in fact, not a mental illness.
You can agree or disagree but the fact remains.

If anorexia is a mental health issue, when an underweight sufferer sees a fat

person in the mirror, surely gender dysmorphia is a mental health issue too?

For both see in the mirror what is not the reality but what is in their minds?

Eating disorders are mental health problems that involve disordered eating behaviour - this can include eating too little or too much or becoming fixated with one’s weight or shape

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Thank you.

But we are still here!!!

I think this is a fundamental core of this entire debate that gets forgotten.

The expectation isn't that people will conform and adopt the whole LBTQT rights quest themselves, its not about expecting you to raise your kid as a dude who on a Friday calls himself Amy, its not about flying a rainbow flag. What its really about is just treating everyone regardless of what you might think about their gender with respect and dignity with a wee tad of understanding.

Yes, that's the core message. However, whether or not others will read the science that conflicts with their programming?, well you see, here we are.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Because in a discussion about the validity of scientific claims, the conversation always boils down to some kind of bigotry. Even when disagreeing with the political agenda many see as being shoved down our throats as normal.

You did this in your last post to me, and here you are reinforcing the notion that nothing but bigotry applies when criticism is applied to the trans activist agenda and the pseudoscience of multiple-gender-identity.
edit on 23 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Apples and oranges though dude.

Regardless the fact remains, gender dysphoria is not a mental health condition. You can disagree with that all you want but it does not change the fact that right now the consensus seems to be that its not a mental illness.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Indeed and isn’t there great evidence for a lower sperm count among men these days?

It might be acceptable because they see it as “natural” population control too.

Good link

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Nobody is forcing you to do anything...

Yes, they are. And that's the problem.

People are being forced to use "preferred" pronouns and salutations.

People are being forced to pee, change, shower, sleep, live and compete with the opposite sex.

Media and law enforcement are forced to report transgender crime as the sex of their "gender identity."

People are forced to say untruths such as "transwomen are women."

People are forced to let their children transition and be guinea pigs for "gender affirming" treatment.

People are being forced to halt necessary and valuable research if it doesn't fit the Trans Agenda.

People are being forced to keep silent when they disagree.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Wait how is it apples and oranges? They're both looking in the mirror and seeing something that is not reality. Sounds pretty apples to apples to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join