It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychology Today: People Refusing To Date Transgenders Is ‘Dehumanizing’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

By Paul Bois June 18, 2019

If you are a heterosexual cisgendered person who only wishes to date heterosexual cisgendered people, then shame on you for dehumanizing transgenders and the non-binary, according to a recent article published in Psychology Today.

The article explores a study written by Karen L. Blair and Rhea Ashley Hoskins in the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, which essentially chastises people as bigots for the sin of being attracted to a man who is an actual man or a woman who is an actual woman — while also arguing that the prevailing attitude contributes to the psychological harm of transgenderism.

Psychology Today: People Refusing To Date Transgenders Is ‘Dehumanizing’

In this study psychologists interviewed 1,000 people, which is not a good reference to know how most people feel about this, but anyway.

Meanwhile the article in the journal states that they want people to decide whom they want to have a relationship with, and that they don't want to force people to date transgenders, at the same time they do chastize the respondents who said they would not date trans people and "non-binary individuals" and even state such people are prejudiced if not bigots for choosing this way.

To me that's almost the same as wanting to force people to date transgender people, because they are making you feel bad and even call you prejudiced if not a bigot for choosing freely not to date transgender people. They also do claim that even among transgender people there was a more willingness to date trans-men (or women who think they are men) than trans-women (or men who think they are women) since 20% less transgender people themselves responded that they would be willing to date trans-women.

However, they do mention that the goal is "full acceptance of trans people within society." So that would include full acceptance of trans people for dating.

So, while the article claims that they want people to be free to choose whom to date, on the other hand they also do their best at calling you prejudiced or even a bigot, as well as blaming "cisgender people" who prefer not dating trans people for "the mental and physical health of trans people."

edit on 21-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

+47 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The biological drive of dating in the first place is procreation, if we want to admit it or not. Thus the vast majority of people would not date a transgender person, as they are incapable of procreation. It isn't about "dehumanizing" anything, and positing that it is dehumanizing is complete garbage to push and agenda. The responses are due to hundreds of thousands of years of successful programming through survival. Trying to deny that is absolute bunk, and the only reason to publish something otherwise is to push an agenda.

+48 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Is there any way of switching this reality off and back on again?

Might fix it, I 'dunno, 🤷🏻‍♂️

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

She's looking for lova

+41 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Really? Wow!!! I'm quite sick of this BS

I'll tell ya what's "dehumanizing"

Telling our little children "there is no such thing as boys and girls"

...???? Ummm wtf

www1.cbn.com...

Little Girl Traumatized as School Teaches 6-Year-Olds ‘There Is No Such Thing as Girls and Boys’

A Canadian family has filed a civil rights complaint with the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario after their six-year-old daughter became overtly confused when her first-grade teacher taught the class to question their gender.  In January of 2018, the child was required to watch a YouTube video titled, “He, She and They?!?—Gender: Queer Kid Stuff #2.”  It contained statements such as, “some
people aren’t boys or girls,” and that there are people who do not “feel like a ‘she’ or a ‘he,'” and therefore might not have a gender. In an exclusive story, The Post Millenial, reports that two-and-a-half months into the semester, Jason and Pamela Buffone could see the teacher’s lessons on gender theory were having a severely negative impact on their daughter.  She would ask them repeatedly why her identify as a girl was “not real.” The young girl had never had a problem at school and her mother told the newspaper she “adores school.”

This kinda stuff makes me sick!

And is one of the many reasons why I'm not putting my kids in any public school systems.

When it's time for them to go to school I will just home school them.

Wake up people

edit on 21-6-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

What a load of complete and utter bollocks.

Sorry, that's about as constructive I can manage at present.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Well then.. I’m a bigot

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
The biological drive of dating in the first place is procreation, if we want to admit it or not. Thus the vast majority of people would not date a transgender person, as they are incapable of procreation. It isn't about "dehumanizing" anything, and positing that it is dehumanizing is complete garbage to push and agenda. The responses are due to hundreds of thousands of years of successful programming through survival. Trying to deny that is absolute bunk, and the only reason to publish something otherwise is to push an agenda.

Spot on! - Nothing to add there........but i do have a question.

Why do they keep ramming this ridiculous acceptance down our throats? , Aren't we (the procreators) entitled to have our own choices and freedoms without predujice.? - you know exactly what the LGBT community is striving for in theory.

The hypocrisy is painfull indeed.

Their different, they've spent a lifetime in the knowledge their different and the only thing that is "DEHUMANIZING " is that their inability or refusal to breed and ensure continuity of humanity is only contributing to the demise/extinction of the human race.

Now lets clarify for the enevitable frusted responses from the pro LGBT posters - I said "contributing" to humanities extinction NOT responsible for human extinction.

As im saying that i realise maybe that's why their pushing so hard - maybe their is a agenda to help wipe out humanity through a lack of babies over time.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Spot on! - Nothing to add there........but i do have a question.

Why do they keep ramming this ridiculous acceptance down our throats? , Aren't we (the procreators) entitled to have our own choices and freedoms without predujice.? - you know exactly what the LGBT community is striving for in theory.

The hypocrisy is painfull indeed.

Their different, they've spent a lifetime in the knowledge their different and the only thing that is "DEHUMANIZING " is that their inability or refusal to breed and ensure continuity of humanity is only contributing to the demise/extinction of the human race.

Now lets clarify for the enevitable frusted responses from the pro LGBT posters - I said "contributing" to humanities extinction NOT responsible for human extinction.

As im saying that i realise maybe that's why their pushing so hard - maybe their is a agenda to help wipe out humanity through a lack of babies over time.

Nice

Sounds about right I mean look at all the abortion BS going on its sick

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
okay, let's take this extremely slowly. let me know if you get lost and need me to explain again.

it is dehumanising to declare that you wouldn't date an entire class of people.
that's a simple fact - you're treating people as an identical mass that you can just cast aside in one go.
that's pretty much the definition of dehumanising there.
Dating is about the connection between two individuals. You meet and you hit it off for various reasons, generally similar interests or views on the world.
it's like saying you wouldn't date an asian, or a blonde. There are a LOT of people in those subsets and they're all extremely different and going "nah blondes don't do it for me" is extremely reductionist and rude.
Only with trans people it's on a whole extra level because there are SO MANY trans people you'd never even know are trans unless they told you. So to just decide that you won't date any of these people, en masse - yeah that's dehumanising in action right there.

But don't worry, you're not being forced to date trans people. trans people already suffer enough in this world.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

The endgame here is to normalize pedophilia.

They've already started with drag queens doing children's story time.

All these little steps on a slippery slope.

Leading straight to hell.

+57 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

I'm a man and I won't date other men.

Does that mean I've dehumanized an entire class of people?

Of course not, that's rubbish.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
dehumanizing is not what you state it is.
dehumanizing is the removal of the human aspect from a human. Judging someone else and finding them lacking in what ever human aspect is not dehumanizing. Making broad assumptions when related to "romantic interest" is not dehumanizing, it is simply stating what you do and do not find attractive. I can say I wouldn't even approach them due to their body odor, but that does not mean they are not human nor is it implying they are not human, in fact it is to the contrary, as it is trying to maintain a modicum of social standards for cleanliness which is required for human survival as we are a social species.

Making broad assumptions or having a list of disqualifying conditions for who you would seek a romantic partnership with is not dehumanizing, forcing a world view upon others however actually IS dehumanizing. As the inability to make personal judgements and make your own associations removes the social aspect of humanity, and is thus dehumanizing. The absolute irony is the article claiming that making social decisions on your own is dehumanizing, while actually dehumanizing those who make such social decisions.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I wouldn't date a lot of different people.

Same as Abe, I would date a dude!
Wouldn't date a few ethnicities, having dated numerous, because some cultural differences too vast.

Wouldn't date a liberal woman, having done so in the past. Liberal women would not want to date me anyway. I don't identify as conservative but I live my life how I see fit and have my views and more of them lean that way than the other.

Most of the people in the world I wouldn't date for one reason or another.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Calling a whole group of people ‘nazis’ because you disagree with their political views is absolutely 100% ‘dehumanizing’ that’s a fact.

Openly stating “I will never consider dating a transsexual” is 100% NOT ‘dehumanizing’, that’s also a fact.

I’m easy to please so being a ‘tranny’ isn’t an automatic “no” from me.
And I’m an extreme ‘right winger’ by anybody’s standards.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
These people are strange.

As a person that considers themselves at least slighty sane I'd consider mutilating your reproductive organs would be considered dehumanising.

But I am only slightly sane so there is definitely room for error on my part. I thank God everyday for making me the way he did.

Even further I'd think subconsciously trying to make me want to sleep with people that are so mentally lost that they want to do that to themselves is dehumanising. We all have really # ideas. Imagine we all started acting on them.

No thanks Jeff.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
okay, let's take this extremely slowly. let me know if you get lost and need me to explain again.

that's a simple fact - you're treating people as an identical mass that you can just cast aside in one go.
Dating is about the connection between two individuals. You meet and you hit it off for various reasons, generally similar interests or views on the world.
it's like saying you wouldn't date an asian, or a blonde. There are a LOT of people in those subsets and they're all extremely different and going "nah blondes don't do it for me" is extremely reductionist and rude.
Only with trans people it's on a whole extra level because there are SO MANY trans people you'd never even know are trans unless they told you. So to just decide that you won't date any of these people, en masse - yeah that's dehumanising in action right there.

But don't worry, you're not being forced to date trans people. trans people already suffer enough in this world.

Wow??? This sounds absolutely ridiculous

that's a simple fact

Not a fact at all...
thats an opinion lol

This is not really even worth a response but it's just so nonsensical lol

you're treating people as an identical mass that you can just cast aside in one go. 

Definition of dehumanizing:

depriving a person or group of positive human qualities.

How is it just because I choose not to date a "LBGT" person I am dehumanizing a whole group of people?

They don't bother me I don't bother them
nothing they do in there life effects me nothing I do in my life effects them?

I don't have the right to choose what kind of person I want to date?

Any one could say I am being dehumanized because no one loves me because I'm ugly or because I'm fat that just makes no since right?

Same here

its crazy for people to think like this the world is turning into a bunch of crazy nuts

generally similar interests or views on the world.

See delusions
you just contradicted yourself if someone is a headarosexual wouldn't you think they would only have the same interests and views as another headarosexual?

The other stuff that you are trying to compare this subject too
is not the same at all
never is and never will be comparable
no matter how much you try to make it work

It just makes no since

People have the right to choose who they want to date without being called a bigot or being judged period because it's there business and no one else

Just like no one has the right to judge or hate or treat anyone in the LBGT community differently they can be how they want and do what they want

But no one is going to even remotely try to at all make me feel one ounce of guilt for "not wanting to date" a LBGT person

Thats nuts!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: CthruU

The endgame here is to normalize pedophilia.

They've already started with drag queens doing children's story time.

All these little steps on a slippery slope.

Leading straight to hell.

Yep got that right

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   

dehumanizing is not what you state it is.
dehumanizing is the removal of the human aspect from a human. Judging someone else and finding them lacking in what ever human aspect is not dehumanizing. Making broad assumptions when related to "romantic interest" is not dehumanizing, it is simply stating what you do and do not find attractive. I can say I wouldn't even approach them due to their body odor, but that does not mean they are not human nor is it implying they are not human, in fact it is to the contrary, as it is trying to maintain a modicum of social standards for cleanliness which is required for human survival as we are a social species.

Making broad assumptions or having a list of disqualifying conditions for who you would seek a romantic partnership with is not dehumanizing, forcing a world view upon others however actually IS dehumanizing. As the inability to make personal judgements and make your own associations removes the social aspect of humanity, and is thus dehumanizing. The absolute irony is the article claiming that making social decisions on your own is dehumanizing, while actually dehumanizing those who make such social decisions.

Well said well said

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   

It seems to me human rights has nothing to do with gender. People should be treated equally with respect regardless of gender or personal beliefs. Otherwise, you would be advocating certain combinations of thought and gender would be okay to discriminate against. As human beings we are all born with the right to live with some shred of dignity.

All humans are equal. Otherwise we will have some form of slavery.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join