It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says U.S. agency will begin removing millions of illegal immigrants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Wages are low in construction. False. The labor void has created massive wage growth. There are over 300k unfilled jobs in construction most high paying but require training and apprenticeships. No young people willing at any price.

Of course they're experiencing high wage growth... now. Even the illegals are smart enough to know when they have the market cornered. This high wage growth comes after wages bottomed out, though, with the advent of illegal labor.

And you can quote as many idiot polls as you want. I personally know quite a few youth who are more than willing to work construction, as long as they are treated like a legal citizen and don't have to learn Spanish as a pre-requisite.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Lol. Idiot polls? These are employer trade publications. Not some partisan or union bs.

Lol..find me some contractors saying we have plenty of young people becoming plumbers and welders...

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: 727Sky

States have rights, US immigration is not one of them. Anyone not helping should be jailed.

There ya go! After the first one or two imprisonments of officials, the others will fall in line and start helping their country make everyone safer.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I live in Texas, and you are wrong on so many levels, for one it is not that American youth are not willing to work in the trades, I pay a good mason (we do brick mostly) 20/hr, illegal immigrants do it for 5-7/hr there is no money for them to do it. The only jobs my masonry company can get now is if the job requires contractors to have insurance. but go ahead and keep spouting cnn, and it is central Americans leading the immigration flood right now and it is democrats bringing them in.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

States have rights, US immigration is not one of them. Anyone not helping should be jailed.

There ya go! After the first one or two imprisonments of officials, the others will fall in line and start helping their country make everyone safer.

So you think trump will go after Gregg abott?
Doubtful..his state has millions of illegals.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Look at all the stars your off topic post got. I'm a celebrity around here.
Thank you for the mention.
I really get under folks skin dont I?
....Tell me when he gets that first check from Mexico to pay for the wall.
edit on 6182019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aryabhata

I live in Texas, and you are wrong on so many levels, for one it is not that American youth are not willing to work in the trades, I pay a good mason (we do brick mostly) 20/hr, illegal immigrants do it for 5-7/hr there is no money for them to do it. The only jobs my masonry company can get now is if the job requires contractors to have insurance. but go ahead and keep spouting cnn, and it is central Americans leading the immigration flood right now and it is democrats bringing them in.

Really? I am.spouting trade journals. I made most of my money in Austin, roundrock, and lakeway. Where there were massive labor voids. In fact I answered an add the architect put across the nation because of this and moved. Something millenials won't do.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Yet every publication says construction labor voids have driven up wages. Mostly due to baby boomer retirement.

Yep, construction labor voids. Translated: not enough illegals.

I realize you and your son are better than us lowly construction workers...

Now you're being purposely dense. I worked in construction. I have laid block from sunup to sundown. I have dug footers with a shovel. I have roofed homes in August in the deep south. I built my own shop with my hands. Don't try that ploy with me. Both of my kids could handle almost any construction job... my daughter can mix concrete better than any male I know (probably because I taught her while I was laying a foundation). I know exactly what construction entails, and I know exactly what has happened to the industry, and I am certainly not 'above' working.

You can take that condescending attitude somewhere else. All you've done is prove to me I can't trust a thing you say.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Yet every publication says construction labor voids have driven up wages. Mostly due to baby boomer retirement.

Yep, construction labor voids. Translated: not enough illegals.

I realize you and your son are better than us lowly construction workers...

Now you're being purposely dense. I worked in construction. I have laid block from sunup to sundown. I have dug footers with a shovel. I have roofed homes in August in the deep south. I built my own shop with my hands. Don't try that ploy with me. Both of my kids could handle almost any construction job... my daughter can mix concrete better than any male I know (probably because I taught her while I was laying a foundation). I know exactly what construction entails, and I know exactly what has happened to the industry, and I am certainly not 'above' working.

You can take that condescending attitude somewhere else. All you've done is prove to me I can't trust a thing you say.

TheRedneck

Lol. Nope. You aren't the market...and that isn't the same as skilled work which requires willingness to learn...

Take you condescending attitude somewhere else. You working as a labourer doeant give you any insight into the trades other than it was hard and you think you could do it...yet you dont..

Why can't they find tradesmen? Illegals don't generally work in that area?
You seem to confuse unskilled labor with the trades which require liscenseing in most cases.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

It's the wall 2.0
Motivate through fear.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DorianSoran

More than half the people in Ohio live in poverty. Destroy welfare and they are living in their cars or a dumpster.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

They act like they are talking about a roach infestation not people.
If they do not see the humanity there is no answer to the immigration problems.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

They are paying for it through better trade agreements and now helping to assist with the flow of illegal immigration.

Why, Silly? Just why do you continue to post nonsense?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

How are they helping? Are they cracking down on the cartels? I mean sure for a few months they may only let half through until they realize the hordes keep coming. Mayne we should have negotiated eradicating the problem instead of the base rally that doesnt really stop the crime or drugs associated with this massive problem.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
It would be nice if someone would address the actual emergency in Mexico which is the cartels. The entire reason there are even refugees to begin with.

Trumps plan does next to nothing to combat the actual problem. Drugs and drug lords.

I agree. Trump can only do so much without Congress. Guess who is too busy crying about 'orange man bad' to even think about passing sensible immigration reform?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Really seems like neither have a comprehensive plan to me. It's all based on firing up the base.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So you will be okay when they outlaw gun ownership right?
Jail everyone who wont comply.
To make the country safer you know????

PS this is sarcasm. I am not against gun ownership I am only trying to illustrate a point that the same view can go against something you think is necessary to your life.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Time will tell if that is true. It takes more than a few days to be a long term trend.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Sadly Americans will not take any responsibility for displacing migrants by paying the cartels 2 billion a year for their drugs. Then ruining their countries and making Tijuana the most dangerous place on earth.

I don't advocate open borders but helping Mexico eradicate cartels should be debated here.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

The democrats control the house...

I bet they can stop it and this is a political ploy...

How would they stop the Executive branch carrying out it's constitutional duty to enforce the laws of the land?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join