It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test you ability to pursue your spirituality

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

"This has nothing to do with god. "

God is just a word that some people define as love, others define as mother nature, others define as everything. So try not to get hung up by a word that is indefinable.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Seede

Without oil to provide light at night people would fall asleep...

Translated from the power of now...
Jesus speaks of the five careless (unconscious) women who do not have enough oil (consciousness) to keep their lamps burning (staying awake in the present) and so miss the bridegroom (the Now) and don't get to the wedding feast (spiritual awakening). These five stand in contrast to the five wise women who have enough oil (staying conscious).
(Matthew 25:1-13)

If we are not on guard (being in the now) we can never witness the second coming of Jesus.

This is definitely a great point.
I have heard from various places the assertion that the thing that most angers God (our creator)(whatever name you use) is the creation (us) forgetting the very concept and understanding that there is a creator. I think it’s trying to describe why the OT continually tells us that he is a “jealous” God

Science is a well disguised idol... in my opinion

I suppose that we must find some way to live in each and every moment aware of God and our relationship to him and to and within his creation.

I think where I personally get lost, is the idea that people do this through meditation when my little mind seems to wanna go back to insisting that it should somehow become a state of being, as we exist without having to stop and meditate to achieve that state of consciousness.

At least that’s my personal goal....

Interesting subject I always comment on these type threads. I know nothing though, I’m just expressing my intuitive feelings mostly combined with a little study here and there.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernGift

I think you understand it perfectly well SouthernGift. The point of meditation is its after affects. Stilling the mind in meditation, gradually takes effect in our wakened state, turning the roaring lion into a whimper. So meditation is a tool to help us reconnect with our true state of being. It should not be considered the only tool.

The “jealous God" quote always confused me, until now, thanks

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: CthruU
God only desires relationship with us, good relations, nothing more nothing less.

It seems to me nobody knows the mind of God. Are you pretending or are you talking to God directly?

Where to start? Some clearly can't see the forest for the trees.

And a skunk can't smell his own stink.

Is that all you got? better go sit in peace and free your mind.

If you can

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

a reply to: CthruU

"God does not only exist in the now"

Your past memories and future dreams are of the mind. God doesn't exist in your mind. God exists in the now. If you spend your life existing in the mind then you are turning your back on God. This is akin to sleepwalking. Walking through life like a zombie. Reacting to stimuli yes but not really existing in the now.

You speak as if you know evil but its only a word to you. Evil is not something you can point a finger too. Nor is it something that is external to yourself. Evil is the untrained egotistical mind that demands this and that for itself.

You need be the watcher of the mind. Become its master, instead of its slave.

Rubbish, absolute rubbish.

Better you go sit in peace some more also.

If you can. Oh my bad that's right, you already said you find it hard.
Case and point.

edit on 8-6-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Oh don't worry I have existed in absolute stillness, But I wish that for you too.

In the inner stillness where meditation leads, the Spirit secretly anoints the soul and heals our deepest wounds.
--John of the Cross

We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence.
--Mother Teresa

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Oh don't worry I have existed in absolute stillness, But I wish that for you too.

In the inner stillness where meditation leads, the Spirit secretly anoints the soul and heals our deepest wounds.
--John of the Cross

We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence.
--Mother Teresa

"In the inner stillness where meditation leads "

Finially, you are now admitting as i posted in my first post on this thread that it's meditation or a variant of.

Thanks nevertheless for your kind wishes, i was thinking with your accusations of my understanding or rather according to you my lack there of of what evil is that you had no true light emitting from within.

There's still hope for you yet. May you achieve salvation.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

You can use tools like meditation (or prayer) to help achieve the NOW. But one is not the other. I can understand why you think its a form of meditation. But its not. Your eye, the very seat of consciousness, exists outside the thinking mind. Its your true spiritual self. Whats more ....

The eye with which I see God is the same with which God sees me ... Meister Eckhart (Christian)

So if you exist in the now you no longer need to search for God. God will find you.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Can anything exist outside now?
All seeing is happening now...... can anything appear without being seen?

Is there really any thing? Or is there just what appears to be happening?

Is there a seer separate from what is seen? Or do they (seer/seen) arise as one seemless happening?

The assumption (the original sin... the first misconception) is that there is a you that can be in or out of what is happening (this/now) ........ when really there is only what is happening.

The entire issue here is that there is a belief in some thing that isn't........a you that does thinking, a you that does action......a you that can choose to be in or out of now!

edit on 9-6-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

"The entire issue here is that there is a belief in some thing that isn't........a you that does thinking, a you that does action......a you that can choose to be in or out of now! "

A person talking about their non existence is like a ghost discussing the ghost that wasn't there. Its pointless exercise discussing it on a level of mind. Because the mind and anything that comes from it, can be seen as an illusion as well.

The Buddha taught that extremities of beliefs were not conductive to enlightenment. That we don't have to torture our body nor ego in the process. We only need to control certain facets of the ego that may block our path.

Only then will we be able to accept the greater truth.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

A person talking about their non existence is like a ghost discussing the ghost that wasn't there.

There is talking but there is no person doing talking.

There is no thing doing some thing.... there is only what there is, being what it is.

One without a second........non dual.

The assumption is that there is someone inside the body that has control...... there isn't.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

We only need to control certain facets of the ego that may block our path.

Is there a path that leads to now?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You can use tools like meditation (or prayer) to help achieve the NOW. But one is not the other. I can understand why you think its a form of meditation. But its not. Your eye, the very seat of consciousness, exists outside the thinking mind. Its your true spiritual self. Whats more ....

The eye with which I see God is the same with which God sees me ... Meister Eckhart (Christian)

So if you exist in the now you no longer need to search for God. God will find you.

God will not find you, he has already abandoned the human being- we where omitted from heaven- fallen angels, thats why when we enter this world (upside down) we do so screaming, the third eye/our conscious realises where we are and it is not happy at all, I'll say to the contrary of your statement that this third eye is actually in charge of the thinking mind which is how we feel guilt if the mind makes a mistake.

We must find god through our actions/decisions/beliefs/behavior and "ENDURE TO THE END", you can quote whoever you like but until you meet them in heaven your blindly following anothers beliefs.

The object here is to reject this world and its wicked ways and to find a path to god. The paths to god are many, it is irrelevant who takes what path as long as the destination of salvation/ascension is achieved.

So for me - rightly or wrongly i have a real problem with the now as the now denotes that there's no journey to partake, it denotes that satisfaction with the now is all that's required - A notion i cannot accept. In the end i will SURELY see if my chosen path was acceptable, judging by my repeated guardian angels interventions i can only conclude (so far) I'm doing ok.

Your path is and should be different to mine but i really hope we find ourselves at the same destination in the end.

So I'll go out on a limb and say - dump the known quotes and instead of looking for support from others in history look within after all only looking within will actually grant you that stillness you seek as your path.
Nothing wrong with that it's your path but do it yourself not of the quotes of what others believe.

I really truly hope you find your way.
edit on 9-6-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Look within..

That which is looking is That which is looked for!

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thou shalt not worship any graven images anyone!?

Don't recall Buddha ever claim to be a god or any particular mention of one, even though Buddhism did adopt Hindu mythology which has a high number of odds.

Being stuck in the past and thinking about the future is no different then a dog chasing it's tail, all the while the dog is in the now when it does...pretty much.

Fulfillment a Devils advocate at times.

edit on 9-6-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

If we are not on guard (being in the now) we can never witness the second coming of Jesus.

I had written --
"Why would God create time and allow it to be an obstacle to Him or His creation? Makes no sense and is not true according to NT literature."

My reasoning comes through the biblical accounts of both OT and NT --

Time is a creation by God. When God instituted time in the fourth era of the biblical account, He did so in all purity. At this point there was no existing discourse. All was good. If all was good at that point then it could not have been an obstacle of any sort to the Creator. Even as man was created all was good with time in place. Still no obstacle. Time was not the problem and not to blame. Sin was the obstacle which brought death. The absence of sin is the absence of death. The last enemy of existence is death which applies to both the brain and mind.

As the brain perishes with the body, the mind is judged as to its deeds. It isn't the brain that is judged nor is it the brain that is revived. It is the mind that is both judged and sentenced to its reward or death. In this respect we can then realize that it is the mind that has decided exactly what to do in the body through the brain.

Time only applies to the body and not the mind. The mind is always conscious in the timelessness of existence. As one meditates in the flesh, what they are doing is separating the brain from the mind through the silver cord. This is dangerous in that the silver cord can be broken and the body of flesh can perish at this time. I had a dear friend who practiced this till one night the silver cord did break and he died while in this meditation.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Where is time?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Thank you.

I need to clarify a couple of things. The eye in which I was discussing was not the third eye. I was referencing our seat of consciousness in which we witness reality. I believe the third eye signifies those that have light entering their crown/kether chakra/sephirot. I am not sure if they are related or not.

When I wrote we should live in the now. I was not suggesting that we should end all notion of time. If most people are spending less than 1% in the now, they should increase that to 95%, for example. So it doesn't reject future paths, It merely suggests that we walk that path with both our eyes wide open.

I loved everything you wrote.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I am sorry you lost your friend Seede. What you describe is what others call astral projection. I am not sure what that actually is but I suspect its still on the level of mind. Meditation isn't doing anything as kinky as that. Its about relaxing body and mind to lower and lower degree's (no silver cords involved).

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   

No thing exists.
The 'now', is not a thing.
It's a cool idea, that we all seem to interpret, and experience differently.

It's this that is.
This that is: just is.
It's not a thing.
This awareness.

Seems fine that some may see god as within this, part of this, or inseparable from this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join