It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Ingraham's "Fake News" Self-Own

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The video really doesn't require much explanation. In his interview with Fox News Trump booster, Laura Ingraham, just ahead of the D-Day ceremony, Trump jokes that he's holding up all those amazing people to do an interview with Ingraham, before congratulating her on her ratings.

Later on her show, after airing the prerecorded interview, Ingraham said, "By the way, some of you may have heard or read that President Trump supposedly held up the entire D-Day ceremony in order to do this interview with me. That is patently false. Fake news."

If it's fake news, it's fake news that came out of Donald Trump's mouth in an interview with Laura Ingraham. So whose fault is that?

For full context, the entire interview:

Trump (@ 27s): Listen to those incredible people back there. These people are so amazing. And what they don't realize is that I'm holding them up because of this interview. But that's because it's you. By the way, congratulations on your ratings, I'm very proud.

It was later reported that Macron was the hold up and as Ingraham later explained, they ended the interview when Macron's helicopter arrived — and yes, Trump was chuckling when he said it, he loves to flatter people who flatter him and he bull#s a lot — but quoting something Trump actually said isn't fake news.

Don't disingenuously blame everyone else for the confusion caused by an unstable president who lies all the time and frequently says crazy #. Particularly if in any other circumstance, you want to pretend that he's not a liar who behaves erratically.

edit on 2019-6-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It is everyone's fault for believing the president.

People should know better.

+34 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And to anyone with a thinking brain its clear that it was suppose to be a joke and a jab at fake news.

You know for years I use to really enjoy reading your posts, because they were pretty balanced and well thought out.

Since Trump has gotten elected you have gone full overboard TDS.

Its like some sort of brain worm that infects certain people and eats away their ability to be logical.

Sad deal

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You guys really are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

You know for years I use to really enjoy reading your posts, because they were pretty balanced and well thought out.

Its like some sort of brain worm that infects certain people and eats away their ability to be logical.

He's not the only one. A number of our left wing members have completely lost their ability to think and post rationally since Trump was elected. Some of them quit posting altogether, and then the ones that are left whine about ATS being a right-wing echo chamber. It used to be fairly balanced until they took their ball and went home

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If you took what the president said seriously that's the issue. Anyone who thought what he said was newsworthy or accurate that's another issue.

I'm sure some are screaming for Ingraham to be fired, and the president to be impeached over this international non-incident.

edit on 7-6-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

It is everyone's fault for believing the president.

People should know better.

Shame on everyone!

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
How far you've fallen.

Would have been better for you if Mueller continued the investigation for the rest of this term. Might have kept you relevant.

But here we are.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

I'm going to let you in on a little secret — that's exactly how slightly more than half the population feels about Trump supporters. When it comes to Trump, it's as though his supporters have lost all ability to call a lie a lie, are willing to overlook any manner of corruption, have completely abandoned the standards they held previous leaders to and expect everyone else to go along with their mass delusion.

That to me is the real TDS. But that's okay, we can still be friends.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

So Trump "clearly" was joking about holding up a sacred ceremony to speak with a pundit? I don't get the joke.

It's not something that makes him dead to me, but no matter what angle I view this from, I fail to see how it's in his favor.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Remember when this was a conspiracy site, not a political platform?...neither do I.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
How far you've fallen.

Would have been better for you if Mueller continued the investigation for the rest of this term. Might have kept you relevant.

But here we are.

How far I've fallen? Okay. Let's consider this rationally if we can.

1. Trump joked that he was holding up the D-Day ceremony in the interview. We can agree that happened, correct?

2. People heard it and said, "Trump told Laura Ingraham that he was holding up the D-Day ceremony to do an interview with her." He did say it, so that is accurate, isn't it?

3. Laura Ingraham then says that anyone saying that Trump held up the D-Day ceremony to do an interview with her is fake news.

And that's where the problem for me comes in. Don't lie and say that other people are lying about what Trump said. He said it.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

How far you've fallen.

If the shoe was on the other foot and AOC said something of the sorts to Maddow in similar circumstances, front page.

I don't think that it's a huge deal this happened, but I do find it odd that people can't say that it's at the very least not the best move on his part for a trip that seemed to be going rather well.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: SailorJerry

He's not the only one. A number of our left wing members have completely lost their ability to think and post rationally since Trump was elected. Some of them quit posting altogether, and then the ones that are left whine about ATS being a right-wing echo chamber. It used to be fairly balanced until they took their ball and went home

I have noticed that a great many of them, you could actually have a decent discussion or even fruitful debate with.

Thats gone completely out the window now, there is no middle ground , there is no attempt on their part, theyve gone full anti-trump and anyone who supports him must be a spawn of the devil himself.

I have watched them do everything from wish harm unabashadly on Trump , to advocating for bad things to happen to our own members here, that they use to be friendly with.

Yet in their blind rage, they refuse to see it. I think it would be a good exercise for them to go look at their political posts with members here pre 2016 and now.

eye opening

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

So Trump "clearly" was joking about holding up a sacred ceremony to speak with a pundit? I don't get the joke.

It's not something that makes him dead to me, but no matter what angle I view this from, I fail to see how it's in his favor.

The reason it's not obviously a joke is because he does crazy # all the time. Consider this recent item:

Let’s Not Upset the President: The White House Tells the Navy to Hide the U.S.S. McCain

WASHINGTON — The White House’s directive to hide a Navy destroyer named after Senator John McCain during President Trump’s recent visit to a naval base in Japan was driven, administration officials said on Thursday, by a fear of bad visuals — the name of the president’s nemesis clearly visible in photographs of him.

In truth, it would have been a bad visual for only one person: Mr. Trump.

Yet an effort to airbrush an American warship by covering its name with a giant tarp and then hiding it with a barge demonstrates how anxious the Trump administration has become about the grudges of the president. It also shows the extraordinary lengths officials in the bureaucracy are willing to go to avoid provoking Mr. Trump.

Sailors from the McCain were not invited to Mr. Trump’s speech on another ship, the Wasp, at the Yokosuka Naval Base, although crew members from most other American ships at the base were, a Navy service member based at Yokosuka said.

That's not a joke. That's just the sort of crazy # that happens now.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

It was later reported that Macron was the hold up and as Ingraham later explained, they ended the interview when Macron's helicopter arrived 

You should have led with that^^

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Thats gone completely out the window now, there is no middle ground , there is no attempt on their part, theyve gone full anti-trump and anyone who supports him must be a spawn of the devil himself.

You opened up by implying that if people viewed this in a negative light, didn't have a thinking brain and also had TDS.

Rather than proposing a different way to view the situation, you went after the player, not the ball.I think you fail to see the irony of your comments. Because sometimes when you fight something too hard, you become what you're fighting.
edit on 7-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I understand when people say " I like Trump because he doesn't care, and he drums to his own beat", in their eyes, it's viewed as chaotic good.

But I fail to see what is to be lost if someone just says... "that wasn't the right move though".

If this was a joke to her on delaying the annual White House Easter egg hunt, whatever... But I don't see how joking about this on such a sacred ceremony is funny. And that analogy was operating on the "better" side that he was in fact joking, which I can't confidently say one way or the other.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

By the way, some of you may have heard or read that President Trump supposedly held up the entire D-Day ceremony in order to do this interview with me.

“ supposedly “

Yes it’s that simple . 😇
edit on 7-6-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

wait a minute, are you implying President Trump Ordered this? No the Tarp was not on the McCain when President Trump gave his speech, so you just posted "fake" news.

This is why the Democrats and the left in general have a problem.

you make a mountain out of a mole hill, a lower level flunky at the whitehouse thought it was a good Idea to keep the McCain out of sight for the Presidents sake.

But now it's Trumps fault, that is disingenuous. Are you saying you have to make stuff up about President Trump to make him look bad?

I thought President Trump did it all on his own, now I have to rethink things.

Thank you for opening my eyes.

Bet you didn't expect that when you made your anti-Trump post huh?

Please, carry on.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join