It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Straight Pride’ parade planned for Boston

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Boadicea

7.53 billion of us , do we really need a "straight" parade

Do we really need a gay parade? Do we really need any parade? Why have any parades at all?

If it's just about the numbers, then what is that magic number? How many or few people does it take to deserve a parade?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

This is the official banner for the parade: twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thank you!

Well, that's going to cause a stir, but it's not wrong either...

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Aye thinking about it , parades are really for children!

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Aye thinking about it , parades are really for children!

And people drunk on green beer who end up vomiting on the sidewalk because some make believe dude lead snakes out of a place where they never lived.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

So can Bi folks march in either the gay or straight parade depending on which way the wind blows.

I'm going to our local gay parade tomorrow. More straight people show up for it than gays... Just an excuse to get hammered and party in the bars and beer joints along the parade route. Lots of live music and dancin.

No, you will have to start your own bi pride parade and then you will see the biggest parade ever.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

They still don't have permission from the authorities, just saying that this might not happen.

USA Today reports that Sahady says he’s filed a discrimination complaint with the city to ensure they can enjoy the same access as the homosexual pride event, while city officials say they haven’t yet granted the necessary permits. In April, Boston denied SHFA’s efforts to fly a straight pride flag outside the same city hall that has previously allowed LGBT pride flags (city officials also rejected a Christian flag last year).

www.lifesitenews.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Okay, you said it. Duly noted.

I will also add, again, that it is tentatively scheduled for August 31, but nothing is set in stone yet.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Okay, you said it. Duly noted.

I will also add, again, that it is tentatively scheduled for August 31, but nothing is set in stone yet.

City officials are against this type of protesting - let's call it what it is.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yup. Lots of people are against lots of things. And lots of people will use whatever power they have to force others to their will.

But we have something called "equal application of the law" here. Which means that if it's okay for one group to have a parade, then it's okay for other groups to have a parade.

In this particular situation, we are talking about city officials who are not against some people having a parade (LGBT) and are against other people having a parade (straight people). Equal application of the law, however, demands that both groups are either allowed a parade or both groups are refused a parade.

So....... We'll see what happens, eh?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yup. Lots of people are against lots of things. And lots of people will use whatever power they have to force others to their will.

But we have something called "equal application of the law" here. Which means that if it's okay for one group to have a parade, then it's okay for other groups to have a parade.

In this particular situation, we are talking about city officials who are not against some people having a parade (LGBT) and are against other people having a parade (straight people). Equal application of the law, however, demands that both groups are either allowed a parade or both groups are refused a parade.

So....... We'll see what happens, eh?

Parades are celebratory - this is a protest with an agenda.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

LOL! You've obviously never been to a Mexican funeral!!! And I guess never joined the Dia de los Muertos commemorations for the dead....

But no. Not all parades are for celebratory reasons.

The Funeral Parade for the Last Veteran of the War of 1812

And it is possible that straight people want to celebrate their lives just like LGBT people want to celebrate theirs. I don't really understand why anyone would want to celebrate their sexual orientation -- straight or otherwise -- but it's not up to me. It's not up to city officials to decide whose lives can and/or should be celebrated either. Nor you.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

LOL! You've obviously never been to a Mexican funeral!!! And I guess never joined the Dia de los Muertos commemorations for the dead....

But no. Not all parades are for celebratory reasons.

The Funeral Parade for the Last Veteran of the War of 1812

And it is possible that straight people want to celebrate their lives just like LGBT people want to celebrate theirs. I don't really understand why anyone would want to celebrate their sexual orientation -- straight or otherwise -- but it's not up to me. It's not up to city officials to decide whose lives can and/or should be celebrated either. Nor you.

You have a lot to learn from your own words.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sign of things to come?

Mark Sahady is the principal organizer, under the moniker Super Happy Fun America. He has previously organized and attended events, some of which have turned violent, as the leader of the Boston chapter of a group called Resist Marxism. The Daily Beast described the new organization as a “front for [the] far-right group”.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You have a lot to learn from your own words.

Maybe...

But sure as hell not from you. So please save your efforts.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I say parades are for kids , only because the only parades ive ever seen are childrens day parade , and bloody orange walk parades both of which involve children!

hahah

Im just joking

but seriously the idea of celebrating heterosexuality seems silly because we pretty much do that 365 days a year !
Im sure there are close to 10 billion humans at any given moment celebrating their heterosexuality probably even higher than that , and that number just increases daily!

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
@ Bod...your bias is on parade. With bias comes an inability to learn, from anybody, but that won't stop me from putting the truth out there for others.

It has already had to remove photos of Brad Pitt from its website after the actor, who had not given permission for his image to be used, threatened legal action. Now questions have been raised over the past political activities of the trio of men behind the group, John Hugo, Mark Sahady and Chris Bartley.

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 16CDT01America/Chicago03910130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Okay. Thanks for the heads up.

Have an awesome day

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Okay. Thanks for the heads up.

Have an awesome day

I always have awesome days because there are no strings on me.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I say parades are for kids , only because the only parades ive ever seen are childrens day parade , and bloody orange walk parades both of which involve children! hahah

I remember going to lots of Boy Scouts parades... and of course the Thanksgiving Day parades on TV. Couldn't miss those as a kid! Then my dad said after the parades, there were only football games on TV... all day... just football on every channel

but seriously the idea of celebrating heterosexuality seems silly because we pretty much do that 365 days a year !

But that's the cool thing to do these days: celebrate yourself! And demand everyone else celebrate you too!!! And by golly gee everyone better recognize how much BETTER you are than those others. We have become -- collectively -- quite self-serving and even narcissistic.

I know how cynical that is. But isn't that pretty much where we're at?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join