It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't you think it is fishy that...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I mean why are we alive in this day and age at the brink of so many scientific breakthrough? It seems just to convenient. Why aren't we alive 500 or 2000 years ago. Something is fishy is all I am saying.

It seems odd that we are alive today at this point where we are use to technology and we are all prolly able to adapt to any new technologies that will be made. 100 years ago it wouldn't have been possible in all likelihood.

It is as if we are being groomed in some way. Maybe being prepared to journey the stars and beyond.

Or we are in a game and this is training or this is just the most interesting time. If you can survive long enough to live an extremely long life via life extending drugs which will prolly be around in 10 or so years.

Something is up and I would like to find out what, preferable while I am still alive and this personality ( just in case I wake up after dying as a different person or something nuts like that). I would hate to wake up as a different person thinking that watchandwait was really pathetic. lol

I don't know but I wish I did. I guess I have to be patient and hope for the best. I mean wouldn't it suck if we went through this crap (life) and just end up in hell...

Anyway that is what I think is fishy at the current moment.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
I mean why are we alive in this day and age at the brink of so many scientific breakthrough? It seems just to convenient. Why aren't we alive 500 or 2000 years ago. Something is fishy is all I am saying.

It seems odd that we are alive today at this point where we are use to technology and we are all prolly able to adapt to any new technologies that will be made. 100 years ago it wouldn't have been possible in all likelihood.

Art Bell used to quote a Chinese curse, "may you live in interesting times."...

edit on Mon Jun 3 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Trim Those Quotes

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Double post.

That interesting time here on ATS, evidently, happens from 27-33 minutes after the hour.

Every hour. Like clockwork...

edit on 2-6-2019 by madmac5150 because: Double double, post and trouble...

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

It's the end of the Epoch.....Biblically

Rapture next......idk

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It probable seems like this to every time period. I am sure in different ways though. Just think of the great increase in technology when everyone rode horses and then the car was invented.

The telephone, radio, TV or going back in time more when electricity was invented. When germs were discovered or penicillin. We could go way back to when metal tools were first made. How about the first stone ax. When the wheel was invented. When fire was harnessed. Not sure what was before fire but I am sure there was some Earth shattering new thing. Who knows really though, maybe there is something special about us.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Could you imagine if you were in some video arcade in the future, and you put your money in for a 5 minute (Your time) VR ride which lasts 80-100 years here inside of it.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
We are special...bred by the overlords to produce "loosh" thru tha anguish and pain we inflict on our fellow man.

Essentially we are livestock.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Try not to get too carried away with this thought process--lest you find yourself wearing a Holy Annointed Jumpsuit and drinking a cup of Blessed Kool Aide with a strychnine kicker.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
Could you imagine if you were in some video arcade in the future, and you put your money in for a 5 minute (Your time) VR ride which lasts 80-100 years here inside of it.

Wow this game sucks!!!!

I want my money back!

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Since theoretically all time existed at the point of the "Big Bang" , what difference , at this time , does it make ?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The concept of time did not exist until humans invented it.

A second or a minute matters little to a rock, or a tree, or a bird.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Maybe being prepared to journey the stars and beyond.

manifest destiny.

We are natural tool makers and will continue to make ever more complex tools.
I see no need for an outside source to steer us in this direction.

As humans evolve and adapt so do our tools.
It would be un-natural for humans to stop after making just a few tools never to improve upon them.

We live in a universe that allows for the creation of almost anything we can imagine. We just have to work out how.

edit on 2-6-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I'm sure those living during ww2 and seeing the bomb dropped thought their times was very special.
edit on 2-6-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

What if that's what we are doing right now. And all your friends are watching your life on the screen! All the really bad stuff you've done. All the things you thought no one saw.

Will they treat it as just a game once your back there? Will they judge you?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
We are special...bred by the overlords to produce "loosh" thru tha anguish and pain we inflict on our fellow man.

Essentially we are livestock.

And that's why we were given choice, and a way out. We couldn't do it on our own

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I strongly feel that we are subconsciously grooming ourselves for the forthcoming singularity. Everyone is desperately trying to make sense of the world through the scope of our rapidly advancing technology and struggling to keep pace. It won't be long until we give up the struggle and acquiesce to the proverbial knife. Resistance will be futile. The next step will be becoming (officially) one with that technology. It will be the next great migration of humanity, sort this generations (or perhaps the next's) Out of Africa. And anyone who is anachronistic to that mindset will be left behind and go the way of the neanderthal.

Unfortunately, I feel as though I am one of those anachronistic to living life in the age of the singularity. Despite being a millennial by birth, I am very much an old soul when it comes to this current age I find myself in. I welcome some aspects of it, obviously, such as a connection to a wealth of information via the internet. But I've never owned a cellphone nor do I have any accounts on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. I really have no desire to know the deepest, darkest inner thoughts of my friends and neighbors. Some things are best left unsaid and left to the imagination.

I believe we will soon enter an age where things like privacy and free will won't even be concepts any longer. It will be impossible. Think about how a massive corporation like Alphabet currently controls our lives. Now imagine that they are directly one with you. There will be no more secrets. Everyone you'd meet would instantaneously know all there is to know about you. And whatever entity is sitting on top of the hierarchy when this happens will own every lifeform "living" under them.

I believe this is also a driving force of the rise of extremist politics. Political leaders across the globe, especially in highly technologically advanced states like China, can see this coming and want to consolidate the most power and have the biggest lead in A.I. tech for when the singularity inevitably arrives. That way they will be shaping the next evolution in humanity and their narrative will reign supreme...perhaps forever. It will not surprise me to see an authoritarian state win this race as any responsible state will be bogged down by ethics and oversight. Which is, obviously, deeply concerning.

It will first take recognition of this fact and then tremendous cooperation from responsible, democratic states to ensure that this doesn't happen. But those democratic states are too busy fighting among themselves -- which is, again, not an accident and very much by design and provides the authoritarian state with a massive advantage.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
So your parents are in on the conspiracy too?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well, someone had to be alive during this time, and you drew the lottery. As to whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing, that’s up to you, but things certainly are fishy around here.

Lotta fishyness (fishiness? Someone get a dictionary for fake words, please) going on.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Rick and Morty did it.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Reality as we know it is blending organically into the surreal. The Matrix ain't nothin compared to whatever in the hell we're trapped in.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join