It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all you Pro-Choicers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
When I was 16 I had my first abortion with my 2nd girlfriend. It was an easy decision at the time because I was a young, irresponsible and naive kid. I thought like any normal person in our age would. I can't afford this, my life would be over.

Well...here I am, 27 years old and my daughter is 10 months old. Every day is a struggle for me. Sometimes when money is tight, I won't even eat for the whole day. I've considered stealing baby food before, but that isn't in my character, so I just put my head down and grind on and somehow make it work.

I will tell you right now, I do not regret a thing. This child, this beautiful 10 month old baby, is the most beautiful and amazing thing that has ever come to be in my life. I don't think a million dollar winning lotto ticket would make me smile harder than when I look into my daughters eyes and she smiles back.

And believe me, the option to abort was on the table 10 months ago too. It was a hard decision. But I had to do the responsible thing and see to it that I follow through with my actions that lead me to this point and persevere.

Fetus lives matter

edit on 31-5-2019 by JoeGee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

What a precious little angel. Blessings to you my friend.

+16 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Wait... lol what?

Firstly let’s just end the whole “I had my first abortion” thing.
Unless you have a uterus and womb, that’s absolute nonsense.

Secondly, what is the point of your rant? To tell pro-choicers what?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I'm not the OP, but I'm guessing the point was life is what this world is all about.

You did the right thing, Joe. I don't know you, but I'm proud of you.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

WOW.
Well spoken, sir. You're a wise man.

My children are my greatest blessings too.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Oh my goodness, how precious! These pics really made me smile. I'm so happy that she was a given a chance at life and has enriched your own. I'm sure you can get help from welfare if you need to for food at least. Do you have any dollar stores near you? You can get food and many other products there to save money. Wishing you and your little family many years of love and happiness.

edit on 31-5-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Dude, unless you're a post-op FtM, you didn't have an abortion yourself.

Also, you were in no position at 16 to take care of YOURSELF competently on your own dime, let alone a baby. Obvious adult with sufficient income today is obvious.

What do you want, a pat on the back and a ticker tape parade? You made choices for a damn good reason each time. Why do you need belly-rubbed & good boy-ed for it now?

+17 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Wait... lol what?

First off, unlike what the left understands it does actually take a male and a female to make a baby, so I have no idea why you would be confused as to why the male wouldn't have some feelings about the process as well.

In the really real world, males have to deal with the consequences of their actions when an abortion happens too if they are in a relationship.

Secondly, the point of the rant is to point out a perfectly beautiful little child... and to point out that if you get an abortion, THAT is what you are killing.

Not a clump of cells.

I've had kids and I've had abortions.

I'm 55 now and have some wonderful grandchildren.

I also have some REALLY deep regrets about the abortions.

I have come to the realization that although I think that women do indeed have a choice, they should also be informed about what their choice is.

You can legally kill your kid.

That's your choice.

So what's your story about the subject?

To the OP... Kudos and it seems the child has a wonderful father.

Remember that when she's 2....

And especially remember that when she's 15.

edit on 31-5-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Probably that ease of abortion allows people to make a decision based on immediatary needs over long term which could be detrimental. He struggles in life but now hhas new purpose and a reason to strive to be better, to make himself, his community and by extension his country better.

+9 more 
posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Also, you were in no position at 16 to take care of YOURSELF competently on your own dime, let alone a baby. Obvious adult with sufficient income today is obvious.

What do you want, a pat on the back and a ticker tape parade? You made choices for a damn good reason each time. Why do you need belly-rubbed & good boy-ed for it now?

Quoted for the most callous post I've ever had the misfortune to read on ATS.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The vast majority of children come at unexpected times, I can't imagine anyone in the past 80 years ever thinking they were mentally and financially ready for the "burden" of having children.

It's one of the obstacles of life. Like anything, waiting until you are "ready" to overcome something you see coming will just leave you never ready.

In the end, the struggle and the reward always is worth the effort. Your daughter is lucky to have such a wonderful father.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Oh my goodness- she is a stunningly gorgeous little angel! Good job, dad. Keep living for her and try to savor every moment, even when you're up all night with a crying not-asleep baby, even when she has a major diaper blow-out in a crowded public place, even when she's a toddler and starts telling you "no!" and runs away from you, even when she will only be satisfied if you sit there and play dollhouse with her for two hours straight and you're not allowed to move the dolls unless you move them exactly like she tells you to...😂😂😂 you get the point.

It goes SO FAST. Some of the days seem to last forever and you think bedtime will never come, but you will look back shortly and long for her to ask you to tuck her in or get her a snack.

Enjoy every second! Thanks for sharing the pictures- she is precious.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Fine. I'm asking bluntly ANYWAY. No emotional heartstrings to tug, just the meat of it. Why does he feel the need to be congratulated for his choices? He made them based on HIS life's needs & circumstances, not ours. He doesn't need approval from anyone for making a decision. So why does he feel like he does?

How good a life do you seriously think a teenager could have made for the long-term with a baby or child support garnishments in the mix? I had a cheap studio apartment at 17, ramen or rice for damn near every meal, and could barely afford THAT on minimum wage FT. In no way, shape or form would having had a baby at that age have been feasible or justifiable. That would have been abject poverty whether or not I had a SO to share the monetary problems with.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Wait... lol what?

So true... Men do not get to have a say in anything to do with a child..

Woman wants an abortion, he doesn't? Too bad.
He doesn't want the child, she does? Too bad again, with the added benefit of having to pay child support.

And yes, it's absolute nonsense.

I read here a woman claiming that her abortion was the best decision she ever made. The baby would have had a terrrrrible life, and well, it wasn't wanted anyway.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I don’t know what the left has to do with the nonsense you just said. And I didn’t mention feelings and emotions at all.

Nevertheless, facts don’t care about your feelings. The be all and end all is that only people who have a womb and uterus can get the medical procedure known as an abortion/termination.

When you say “not a clump of cells.”, what does that mean, exactly? Because it really just sounds as if you’re denying a scientific fact while trying to conflate a living breathing toddler, like the beautiful child in the OP, to a literal clump of cells that has barely formed.

I’d rather hear what OP is trying to say here. It’s his Rant. Targeting pro-choice people. Let him answer for himself.

My story is irrelevant. And none of your business, to be quite honest.
edit on 31-5-2019 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
The vast majority of children come at unexpected times, I can't imagine anyone in the past 80 years ever thinking they were mentally and financially ready for the "burden" of having children.

It's one of the obstacles of life. Like anything, waiting until you are "ready" to overcome something you see coming will just leave you never ready.

In the end, the struggle and the reward always is worth the effort. Your daughter is lucky to have such a wonderful father.

The left thinks that sex is a Constitutional right and there should be no consequences for personal actions.

Much less "planning" for having a child.

They are children themselves, mentally.

I think a win/win situation should be that if you identify as Pro-Choice then you should just be sterilized.

After all, as they point out, having a child shouldn't be a burden if you are a child yourself.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Oh my! Those eyes!!!

My heart is melted.

Congrats... enjoy every minute... and good luck!!!

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Has your time here been that sheltered that a blunt and honest response, that is entirely true, is the “most callous” you’ve ever seen? Oh to be so lucky.

It’s a rant. He can expect to have rubbed people the wrong way with this call out post.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Such a beautiful girl.
I remember when mine was that age.

Gotta admit I don't miss diaper duty..

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

OP is a man. And he said the first abortion was the easiest decision he could have made.

So I’m pretty sure he got a say in the matter. He also said the option was on the table this time. Since that didn’t happen I’m pretty sure he had a say in this as well.

I’d still rather get an answer from the OP. I’d hate to log in for a hit and run clickbait post fishing for support. It’s why I logged out in the first place.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join