It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all you Pro-Choicers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

First off, unlike what the left understands...

Knock it off! Republicans and right wingers get abortions too! Abortion isn't a left vs right issue, it's a human issue, and an issue of human women's health, physical, mental and spiritual.

The OP's pregnant girlfriend had a choice, later, his wife? made a different choice, but she had a choice. Now the OP and you, who also had a choice, see this story as a reason to take choice away from everyone else.

edit on 31-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
God bless you both, she is beautiful. Your a blessed man!

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

What would you think your life would be like if you had a child at 16?

Gonna play some odds and numbers here, but would you have your beautiful daughter you so proudly hold today?

You and who ever had the abortion had a choice, and made it. You also had the choice to keep or abort this child but didn't because you saw you were 'ready'. Bottom line is, you had a choice in life and you made it. So why should others not have the same as you did?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

What does that “Constitutional Right” remark mean? And who are the left in your wild imagination?

You also want people to be sterilised, for not wanting rape victims and people in danger of death during pregnancy to be forced, by law, to carry a foetus to term?

What on Earth are you actually talking about?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
As a person who's older brother was born when my parents were 17 and 18. It IS possible to raise a child from that age. It sure as hell wasn't easy, but it has happened, and somehow my father managed to get a Doctorate at the same time as raising 3 boys and having jobs.

If the parents stay together it is not only possible, but responsible.

Thank you OP for keeping that beautiful life here.
edit on 31-5-2019 by dubiousatworst because: love

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Life is precious.

To clarify because some here seem a little slow to understand. When I said "I had an abortion", it was a mutual agreement between my girlfriend at the time and me. Feel better now that I clarified?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I had already clarified that part myself.

What I wanted clarity on was why you chose to target the pro-choice demographic with your rant.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I definitely wasn't ready. But to not allow and deprive a beautiful life in my eyes is probably one of the worst things to do in this world.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
and before someone tires to preach to me about being a male and not having any skin in the game.

Imagine you were engaged, you fiancee was pregnant with your child, that you were ready to nurture and help flourish. Then she decides to kill it, and leave you. Am I not supposed to feel anything? Yet I am the monster for that?

Despicable.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Well the point of any rant is that maybe some can learn from my story and they can take responsibility for their fidelity and the consequences, and usher into this world the greatest thing science or god has given us.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

My step father had his 4th child by the age of 21. It's not impossible. Granted, you are right, i wasn't even able to take care of myself...but that is what family is for. At the time I was working at Waldbaums making $7.50/hr.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
and before someone tires to preach to me about being a male and not having any skin in the game.

Imagine you were engaged, you fiancee was pregnant with your child, that you were ready to nurture and help flourish. Then she decides to kill it, and leave you. Am I not supposed to feel anything? Yet I am the monster for that?

Despicable.

Men and women view parenthood differently, no doubt about that. But to think that men don't view their children as the single most important thing in their life, just because they didn't carry the child, is an amazing degree of ignorance.

Spoiler for the sudo intellectual "philosopher". The meaning of life is to reproduce(biologically, we are the only species that attempts to answer an obvious question due to our "superior" sense of consciousness), it drives every species on earth. It's ingrained in the very basis of our consciousness(the bios if you will). I find it a fascinating thought experiment.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Hmmm. That’s interesting.

I’d personally say the greatest thing God gave all of us was free will and choice. I guess you feel differently.

When you say “take responsibility for their fidelity and the consequences”, does that also apply to someone about to die on a labour ward bleeding to death. Should they take responsibility and just die? Seems a bit of an extreme consequence for a sexual encounter.

And what is the responsibility of a rape victim? To be forced to have a child they never wanted or consented to? Are they responsible for the foetus they carry? Do they just deal with the consequences of their precious life being turned upside down?

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeGee

Life is precious.

Sure, sure. But you imply you have no regrets about the abortion with teenage girlfriend, not one shred of anything leaning in the direction of using that situation to play peoples' emotions with (that was the pics further in the post) It's like you're on the fence either way and are deliberately playing both sides to provoke reactions for one reason or another.

You're in a spot in life now where this girlfriend (friend with benefits? wife? did you even get married?) and you feel you can give a child a good life. What are you seeking from the rest of the class here? Approval? Support? Shame confirmation? WHAT? You made choices with your SOs twice regarding offspring, what are you trying to get out of telling people about it? You need no one's approval or disapproval, it's not their choices.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

You forget that only the western world enjoys those freedoms, the rest of the world does not. On the other hand, procreation is the only thing guaranteed by the laws of nature. So I believe we would disagree on which is a greater blessing brother, but no doubt our freedom we take for granted in the west is amoung it.
edit on 31-5-2019 by JoeGee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I definitely have regrets growing up and thinking about what could have been. And that first abortion actually played a major decision in making the choice on my end to keep the child with my current fiance.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

No, I’m sorry to sound combative, but I don’t forget that, because it’s Grade A bull. Abortions are available across the world and have nothing to do with western freedoms.

In some places in the west they are illegal. Until this year, the Irish had to travel to the UK for termination of pregnancies. Because they were illegal in the ROI until just a few months ago.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
How good a life do you seriously think a teenager could have made for the long-term with a baby or child support garnishments in the mix? I had a cheap studio apartment at 17, ramen or rice for damn near every meal, and could barely afford THAT on minimum wage FT. In no way, shape or form would having had a baby at that age have been feasible or justifiable. That would have been abject poverty whether or not I had a SO to share the monetary problems with.

And this is what separates those that will sacrifice and persevere to make it and those that are content with their lives and don't want to change and will avoid any potential hardache as long as they stay content.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You were saying, to quote "greatest thing God gave all of us was free will and choice"...I would disagree because the point I'm making is that the freedom of will and choice is only a freedom we have in the Western world. I'm not saying abortion is unavalible in the rest of the world. However, the only freedom, anywhere you go, that any person can have, is the freedom to procreate because that is a personal and natural thing that cannot be stopped. Maybe hindered, but not stopped.
edit on 31-5-2019 by JoeGee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeGee

originally posted by: Nyiah
How good a life do you seriously think a teenager could have made for the long-term with a baby or child support garnishments in the mix? I had a cheap studio apartment at 17, ramen or rice for damn near every meal, and could barely afford THAT on minimum wage FT. In no way, shape or form would having had a baby at that age have been feasible or justifiable. That would have been abject poverty whether or not I had a SO to share the monetary problems with.

And this is what separates those that will sacrifice and persevere to make it and those that are content with their lives and don't want to change and will avoid any potential hardache as long as they stay content.

Pretty much, we are moving more and more towards the generation of "Me..Me.MEEEEEEEE". The sad fact is that what those are trying to maintain are actually robbing themselves of the singular purpose in life.

100 years from now we'll see the true effects of such "enlightened' thinking and like most, will wish for nothing more than to turn back time and right the wrongs of our lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join