It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here We Go. Nigel Farage May Soon Be Under Investigation.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
So, just after the UK voted in the European Elections an EU authority announce that the leader of the Brexit party is potentially compromised and may be investigated.

Why does this sound familiar?

The European Union’s anti-fraud watchdog is considering whether Nigel Farage should be investigated for any illegal activity over lavish payment from Arron Banks, the Guardian has learned.

The agency, which goes by its French acronym, Olaf, revealed it was carrying out an assessment, which could lead to a formal investigation. This “initial assessment … does not mean that the individuals in question are guilty of any wrongdoing”, it said.

While not a full-blown inquiry, it is a rare and significant step for Olaf to consider investigating a member of the European parliament.

The European parliament this week opened an investigation into revelations made by Channel 4 that the insurance tycoon Arron Banks funded a lavish lifestyle for Farage in the year of the Brexit referendum. In 2016, Farage received expenses of about £450,000, including rent on a Chelsea home, furniture, security and promotional trips to the US, where he attended the Republican national convention.

Nothing was declared, an apparent violation of the European parliament’s code of conduct, which states that MEPs must report expensive gifts and attendance at events bankrolled by third parties.

So after the Trump investigation lead nowhere yet still managed to damage Trump's presidency, the EU figure they can pull the same # on Nigel.

Where does this all end?

The Guardian
edit on Sat May 25 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

A proven expense cheat can not have done it again can he?, you are aware Nigel has been caught with his grubby mits in the taxpayer till before, and you support that?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I am all for him being investigated ... if the UK thinks he should be, not the EU.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It all seems like vindictiveness as the EU allow a situation whereby all expenses paid to EU politicians are unpublished. At least Farage is publishing.

These MEPs are a joke

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

A proven expense cheat can not have done it again can he?, you are aware Nigel has been caught with his grubby mits in the taxpayer till before, and you support that?

I didn't say I supported it. I was commentating on the convenient timing.

Why now?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The European Union’s anti-fraud watchdog

Never heard of them , I'm sure they're effective when they need to be.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Why now?

Convenient because of Trump?

I don't follow.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

edit on 5252019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Why now?

You stated in your OP "So, just after the UK voted in the European Elections", when in reality the investigation came prior to that, as I posted it on 21/05/19 not trying to be pedantic, but I think part of the reason Farage started the Brexit party was to help him keep the money as he had said

Nigel Farage said he did not declare the £450,000 sum to the European Parliament because he was about to leave politics and had been seeking a new life in the US

I did not assume you supported him, that is why I used a ?, to give you the oppurtunity to state what you actually felt

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
And none of those calling for Investigations into the finances of Farage and the Brexit party will hear a peep about looking into change UK and where their money comes from.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: paraphi
It all seems like vindictiveness as the EU allow a situation whereby all expenses paid to EU politicians are unpublished. At least Farage is publishing.

These MEPs are a joke

And that is excactly the reason I voted leave, they ALL including Nige can claim undocumented expenses to the tune of £4000 (euros not pound, i have not got that key,lol), screw that for a laugh, I posted about it last july, EU parliament to keep public in dark on MEP expenses

with an update here to an independent journalist who documented the corruption

I always believed the reason to leave the EU was because of the gravy train they are ALL on, including the infamous Mr Farage

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The Left Side Story just gets more and more vile - and in their style of operations they are more and more towards outright communist oppression. Even though they operate under cover of common acceptable, or anonymous, respect yielding names for institutions, and what not.

This is a terrible inheritance from Obama era, where those leftists really do not want to give up the power. They consider OK to censor public speech, public online forums and public elections. That is vile. And they are not anymore about US politics, but this madness seems cross Atlantic.

Who votes for these donkeys?
edit on 25-5-2019 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

So stealing public taxpayer money is acceptable? SMH

And dont just assume I am a lefty cause I oppose Farage, I voted Brexit and Conservative twice in my lifetime, but lets just score points about the inadequacies of each side rather than the corrupt individuals who are cheating and stealing, US the taxpayer.

Your post looks like someone who just wants to deride the opposition (leftys, obama (relevant how))rather than seek justice, I bet thats just what the politicians want from us all.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The problem is that it does appear acceptable ... as long as you follow the EU's lead.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The problem is that it does appear acceptable ... as long as you follow the EU's lead.

As Paraphi demonstrated earlier.

If we want to call out an MEP on expenses then it should be across the board.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

convenient timing.

edit on 25-5-2019 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I bet it was the Russians.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

If he defrauded (cheated) taxpayers, why isn't he in jail? Is this just your opinion and feewings?

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I bet it was the Russians.

According to the British Channel 4 investigation a few weeks ago, it was, indeed, a Russian oligarch who gave an illegal contribution to Arron Banks, the main financier of UKIP (an old friend of Farage) in the disguise of a phony investment in his "front company" gold mine business in Conakry, Guinea. Just Google "Russian oligarch finances UKIP".

<<   2  3  4 >>

join