It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here We Go. Nigel Farage May Soon Be Under Investigation.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That graph is based on assumptions.
It assumes that everyone who voted Conservative is pro-Brexit and everyone who voted Labour is a Remainer.

Now you, I and most other UK members here know full well that simply isn't true and things are far more complicated than that.
We then have to factor in that more people would vote in a General Election and probably any second EU referendum.

No serious statistician would accept that as a fair reflection.

Now bear in mind the Remainers constant assertion that 52/48 was not an overwhelming vote for Brexit given all the variables this could never be offered as serious support for overturning the result of the democratically held referendum.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I said it was interesting.

Full pictures as you well know are few and far between.

And graphs are never really going to present the most accurate of information, they just look nice. LoL

If there is another referendum, it will be a close call.

The variables through are whats important i suppose.

And there are quite a few of those doing the rounds.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Back to the topic of the thread, how many MEP's have had their snouts well and truly in the trough?

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Goes with the job i suppose.

And most lightly why most people choose to become politicians.

Some obviously see the profession as a license to do as they please really.

edit on 28-5-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Quite an old article but you get the picture:

Wales Online: Kinnocks' £10m EU earnings

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
if anything the EU vote we just had is another indicator that Scotland wants nothing to do with this Union of thieves and fools!

we absolutely voted SNP , SNP beat every other party by record levels in Sxcotland

and if anything once more we have shown we want out of the UK !

now its obvious we are simply being held as hostages by a corrupt government

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

a few political analysts have said that this recent EU election could be used as an indicator of Scotlands intentions for general election and even another indy ref

in that we would vote outright for SNP in Scotland and finally a majority vote for independence

the only region that SNP didnt win was Orkney and Shetlands

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Does the EU even have the ability to make him be investigated?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

the only region that SNP didnt win was Orkney and Shetlands

Where many, probably most, have no desire to be part of an independent Scotland but prefer either maintaining union with the rest of the UK or their own independence.

Would you respect their right to self-determination?

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

and if anything once more we have shown we want out of the UK !

Once more? You had a referendum on leaving the UK and you lost.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I didnt lose or gain anything !

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

they are a part of scotland and have been since the 15th century so I dont see them breaking away any time soon
they like the rest of scotland have to go by what the majority vote is , and if Scotland votes on its independence and gets it then they have to accept it just like everyone else has to accept votes !

I would respect their right to self determination however the fact of the matter is the islands belong to the people of Scotland and would be a referendum on them being independent is a decision that belongs to all scots surely!

the Shetland Movement gained popularity in the late 80's but didnt take off as they didnt win any seats !
They queried independence as a crown state if Scotland became independent in 2013 a committee was set up to look into the decentralisation of power from Scottish parliament to the three protected island constituencies
however I don't think the islands would really break away from Scotland or at least they would have as a difficult time of it as Scotland has breaking away from the current Union!

They can do as they please they still need to get the votes and haven't got much of a movement going to separate from Scotland or the rest of the UK .

Its a hard one to call , Im not sure how it all works out with islands and governments
probably like how the Isle of Mann is separate crown state ?

In any case the point of my post was to highlight that the recent EU vote has been flagged as what would likely happen in a general election and another indy ref !

Scotland will
unanimously vote SNP in most regions winning the majority seats , the last result was a record breaker for politics in the UK for the SNP

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I was just pointing out that when you said

once more we have shown we want out of the UK !

You had a vote to leave the UK and you voted to remain in it.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

A proven expense cheat can not have done it again can he?, you are aware Nigel has been caught with his grubby mits in the taxpayer till before, and you support that?

I didn't say I supported it. I was commentating on the convenient timing.

Why now?

They couldn't exactly investigate him before he spent the money. Imagine how you would have reacted to that...

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

aye , that may have been the case in 2014 , here we are 5 years on , we vote every 5 years in a general election
so why then are we not "allowed" to have another referendum , the people have shown their support for it !

its happening for sure , you forget the Scottish government have voted and set a mandate for independence , they just need the peoples vote the parties all voted and decided they want to go for independence !
its not just SNP .

scottish government publishes independence bill

I think its going to happen and will happen soon !

Like i've said before , we will change the political landscape of the UK for the better !
Not just for Scotland but for the rest of the UK
we give it a right good kick up the arse and everyone else follows suit .

Change is good

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

And Scotland is part of The Kingdom Of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and as such 'has to go with the majority vote'.

As you know I firmly believe in the Union and that we are stronger together and have a far better chance of bringing about positive change when united.

But Scotland will do as Scotland see's fit.
As should the Orkney and Shetland Islands.

I'm sure we'll discuss our relative viewpoints in much more depth if or when Indyref2 is announced.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Change is good

Yet Scotland wishes to maintain the status quo and stay in the bloated and undemocratic EU where it will be nothing but an irrelevance.

Quite contradictory don't you think?

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Aye, vote early, vote often!

At least both Labour and the Conservatives got a right pasting. Good.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The SNP seem to want that and a lot of people in the UK think that its a good idea too
but I dont see eye to eye with the EU
too much power in the hands of a small group of people leads to bad things !

If Scotland becomes independent , we could draft a new constitution giving us all the same rights we currently are afforded in the EU , as rights are all people seem to care about !
Who really needs the EU for rights when we can create those ourselves , and all that we need the EU for is trade and freedom of movement, which are things which can be dealt with in due course.

Aye it is very contradictory for people to want out of one #e union to be lost in all the noise in another!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join